View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Forum Update - June 2022 

Hello readers!

I do not plan to make forum updates a regular occurrence, but I figured that you and your legion-mates might want to hear about what I've got to say in this one!

Forum Account Request Approvals

As I mentioned in my post here, we are going to being approving new forum membership requests once more.

However this comes with a few caveats:

• There is currently a backlog of 13,000 accounts, most of which are spam bots.
  • The process of approving an account requires manual inspection of it, and;
  • It can sometimes be quite hard to distinguish between a spam bot and a real user. There is often only a few pieces of information we're able to look at to make the determination.

Thus, we have rejected all pending requests and deleted the accounts associated with them. This means that if you had a request you were waiting on being approved, your account no longer exists and you should make a new one.

To anyone creating a new account, please use you in-game ship name for your account name. This will allow us to search for your player account and easily come to the conclusion that you are not here to inform us about cheap wares online!

Email Delivery Problems

We've determined that the board has also not been sending automatic emails to users for some time. This means that users will not be able to receive notifications about posts or private messages, nor will they be able to reset their password. We are currently investigating why this is and are hoping to have it solved soon, but in the mean time please direct any forum-related enquiries to:

• If you have an account: Send me a private message.
  • If you do not have an account: Send an email to galaxylegiontickets@gmail.com with "Forum" somewhere in the message subject, and the message will be forwarded on to me. Please use the email address linked to your forum account if you can.

Thank you for reading, and once again please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any inquiries!

Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:51 pm

Hello!

Just a quick post to inform you that we've updated our forum software to a newer version. Thankfully it was a painless process and we expect no issues to arise, but if you happen to come across anything that doesn't seem right, please let us know!

Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]