View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:16 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 CT Lab has new Discoveries available 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 290
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Pitch Ninja wrote:
Tactical Officers is Recruit Reflex Hypertrainer
Same costs as the energy one.

All designs obtained here in DR. 3 designs total.


So nothing for Brackets, Android Helmsmen / Scientists yet.

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:51 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 am
Posts: 1188
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Chade wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:
Tactical Officers is Recruit Reflex Hypertrainer
Same costs as the energy one.

All designs obtained here in DR. 3 designs total.


So nothing for Brackets, Android Helmsmen / Scientists yet.

Nope. Maybe next update who knows.


Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 290
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Pitch Ninja wrote:
Chade wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:
Tactical Officers is Recruit Reflex Hypertrainer
Same costs as the energy one.

All designs obtained here in DR. 3 designs total.


So nothing for Brackets, Android Helmsmen / Scientists yet.

Nope. Maybe next update who knows.


we can only hope!

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:15 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 3771
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Pitch Ninja wrote:
Tactical Officers is Recruit Reflex Hypertrainer
Same costs as the energy one.

All designs obtained here in DR. 3 designs total.


2 of 3 are a great addition to patching a long standing issue. If only I didn't have 125k rank points from the beginning of covid when I had nothing but time to click click click!


Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:39 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 am
Posts: 1188
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
I suggested the 3% research on the planet image change item be changed to a passive 2-3k research storage instead considering current function seems to benefit about 3% of the player base :roll: . If anyone likes that and enough people suggest it, maybe it could happen. Just a thought.


Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 3771
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Pitch Ninja wrote:
I suggested the 3% research on the planet image change item be changed to a passive 2-3k research storage instead considering current function seems to benefit about 3% of the player base :roll: . If anyone likes that and enough people suggest it, maybe it could happen. Just a thought.


I think that's more sensible. I would say that either way, the artifact should be changed to include already created Plasma and Chthonian. There is no size/resource benefit so leaving them out is dumb, especially since pretty much all of the good gas planets have most likely been converted already.


Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:07 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 am
Posts: 30
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
While I appreciate people put a buttload of research points into discovering new items they always seem to be found too quickly IMHO.


Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Causing chaos somewhere
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
It'd be nice to get consolidation artis for all the perma ship boosts. brackets, cells, both cargos and androids. Would be a fair number of designs to discover to which would be great

_________________
Image
Image
Meow chika meow meow!!
Stark Tech Inside


Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3389
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Peticks wrote:
It'd be nice to get consolidation artis for all the perma ship boosts. brackets, cells, both cargos and androids. Would be a fair number of designs to discover to which would be great

i could support this IF there was a cost trade.off.

so instead of the 6k tacos / engineers we got from the new drops .. they should have only been 5k. that way, those who have been continuously clicking down our artis keep an advantage over those who prefer less clicking.

it's unlikely that Dan will adjust the ones he has already rolled out, but if he adds new ones for the other perma ship boosts .. i would prefer to see that kind of trade.off implemented.

oh, and we have all 3 new ct.lab discoveries now at Zentzu.

_________________
Rank 3055 Uldrinan Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 63959 raids: #1; 35193 kills: #2; 71125 hacks: #3;


Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:52 pm
Posts: 307
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
senatorhung wrote:
i could support this IF there was a cost trade.off.

People just wouldn't use these artis then.

If you want to do it the long hard way then that's on you, but this is a QoL feature that has been suggested in alternative ways for years. I'm glad to see it's finally here.


Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:45 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 am
Posts: 1188
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Guide wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
i could support this IF there was a cost trade.off.

People just wouldn't use these artis then.

If you want to do it the long hard way then that's on you, but this is a QoL feature that has been suggested in alternative ways for years. I'm glad to see it's finally here.

I agree with this and I definitely wouldn't use them if that were the case. There are other things to do in this game besides clicking endlessly on stat points and artifacts, especially with the amount of lag there is in doing so. Clicking those takes you away from other aspects of the game, i.e. NPCing, hacking, planet building, etc. There shouldn't be penalties/punishments just for taking an avenue that allows you to enjoy more of those other aspects of the game.


Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3389
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
as i always say to those who used to kvetch about having rescued prisoners and rank points stacked up .. clicking on rank points IS improving your ship just like scanning for planets or hunting NPCs. if you want the benefit .. put in the effort.

the way these new recipes are set out .. you just get the reward without the effort of clicking, which is unfair to those of us who have already put in the time to stay on top of those. the trade off used to be less time spent NPCing or PvPing or scanning in order to get more crew faster. the new recipes have NO trade.off. even making them 10k energy cost to use would have been something.

as for getting 5k instead of 6k .. if you have 1000 rescued prisoners sitting in cargo unclicked .. what's the difference between getting 0 and 5k ? stupid reasoning.

the biggest reason that i heard for Dan to avoid a 'use all' button for those artifacts was because there were still players (cheaters) who used multiple tabs to gain extra resource pulls over and over. by forcing them to click thru the artis to improve their ships, the more they cheated, the more they had to click to get the benefits. the new recipes short circuit the pain, so now the cheaters can run amok.

again, i don't expect Dan to change the ones he's already rolled out .. but before he creates new recipes for brackets and xcharge cells and androids .. he should think about including some of the trade.offs that i have outlined. the cheaters are still going to cheat .. but if there is a high energy cost .. that will slow them down. the people who feel like their mice need a break can take an efficiency hit. and those like me who manage to stay on top of their arti production don't need to feel shortchanged.

_________________
Rank 3055 Uldrinan Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 63959 raids: #1; 35193 kills: #2; 71125 hacks: #3;


Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:28 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 pm
Posts: 1065
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Before this wonderful addition, I had already clicked the TO button well over a million times.
I say this only to clearly state that few others have clicked more often on ship improvements.

I do not give a fat flyng fart about the ridiculous amount of tedious, boring clicking I did in the past.
It is silly. It was my choice. I am happy with my choice. I am even happier that no-one else has to do it.

Nor do I care that others now get to cash in the Rank Points they have already earned through their AP.
This is good. It has always sucked that cheats forced the 1-by-1 lag-infested upgrade system.
It rocks that Dan has offered a solution.

I care that, from now on, I get to save around 6000 clicks every 3 days.
Not fun. Boring. No-one should have to churn like that. Now no-one has to!

I am very grateful that a cheat-resistant Use-All mechanism has arrived.
Have never pushed for it, nor complained about clicking, but it rocks this is finally available.


Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 am
Posts: 1188
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Exactly. If anyone actually enjoys doing that, there's something seriously wrong. You don't play a game for tedious annoying tasks, you play for fun. It is NOT fun to do that. How many players has this game lost with the reason being due to all that excessive clicking? If this can be something that keeps players or even brings some back, then the game benefits.


Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:46 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 am
Posts: 30
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
senatorhung wrote:
so instead of the 6k tacos / engineers we got from the new drops .. they should have only been 5k. that way, those who have been continuously clicking down our artis keep an advantage over those who prefer less clicking.

it's unlikely that Dan will adjust the ones he has already rolled out, but if he adds new ones for the other perma ship boosts .. i would prefer to see that kind of trade.off implemented.

There is already a trade-off, the hours/days/weeks of time taken to save up those 1000 Rescued Prisoners, during that time your ship has up to 6k fewer Tactical Officers as a result of not clicking. Technically you are trading one disadvantage for another, no need to nerf it further IMHO.

It also sounds a little self-centred implying that you're losing out because of the time you've already used up in the previous clicking and new players don't have to go through that experience themselves.

Personally I'll make use of them and I thank Dan for adding a feature and a solution to a timewasting clicking problem people have been asking for a fix to for many years.


Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:36 pm
Posts: 292
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
Dear baby Jesus, some of you will complain about anything. We get something many of us wanted and you're mad because its done? What's wrong with you?


Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3389
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
JDoe01 wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
so instead of the 6k tacos / engineers we got from the new drops .. they should have only been 5k. that way, those who have been continuously clicking down our artis keep an advantage over those who prefer less clicking.

it's unlikely that Dan will adjust the ones he has already rolled out, but if he adds new ones for the other perma ship boosts .. i would prefer to see that kind of trade.off implemented.

There is already a trade-off, the hours/days/weeks of time taken to save up those 1000 Rescued Prisoners, during that time your ship has up to 6k fewer Tactical Officers as a result of not clicking. Technically you are trading one disadvantage for another, no need to nerf it further IMHO.

It also sounds a little self-centred implying that you're losing out because of the time you've already used up in the previous clicking and new players don't have to go through that experience themselves.

Personally I'll make use of them and I thank Dan for adding a feature and a solution to a timewasting clicking problem people have been asking for a fix to for many years.


geez louiz. where oh where is there anything in my arguments that indicates that i am absolutely opposed to these improvements. NOWHERE. and of course i will use them for myself now that we have unlocked the taco one - i like my wrist as much as anyone. i just think the benefits for any future ones should be balanced out. as someone who is still actively harvesting red badges and yellow badges from you know, actually disabling ships, i think i have a dog in this fight.

you think the time trade.off is good enough. i don't. i see plenty of halc'd up laughable ships that would get an instant boost from parking for years with all their stacked up brackets and xcharge cells .. i think that would be a total death knell for higher ranked PvP.

so before Dan rolls out the next phase of the ct.lab click.free fest, i want to see some oomph to any use all artis associated with brackets and xcharge cells. so people don't like an efficiency penalty. fine.

--> make each bracket use all require 10k energy and 10 red badges on top of XX brackets
--> make each xcharge use all require 10k energy and 10 yellow badges on top of XX cells
--> make each tesseract use all require 10k energy and 10 dark badges on top of XX tesseracts

anyone remotely active in PvP or NPCing will have zero problem meeting those requirements in the time it takes to collect up the required brackets or xcharge or tesseracts. but the cheaters will have more roadblocks, and the parkers will have to un.park to benefit.

_________________
Rank 3055 Uldrinan Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 63959 raids: #1; 35193 kills: #2; 71125 hacks: #3;


Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 233
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
ODragon wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:
Tactical Officers is Recruit Reflex Hypertrainer
Same costs as the energy one.

All designs obtained here in DR. 3 designs total.


2 of 3 are a great addition to patching a long standing issue. If only I didn't have 125k rank points from the beginning of covid when I had nothing but time to click click click!


I don't have quite that many, but always clicked my Prisoners. Clicking rank points is where the real slowdown is, so these are very welcome. A couple former legion members quit the game because they couldn't "use all" or at least put in a number to use. Maybe I can get them to come back?

Someone else, PitchNinja I think, expressed the hope there would be something similar for Helmsmen and Scientists. It isn't really necessary, since those go directly from Artifacts to Hull/Shield, or Scientists. The big deal with Prisoners was clicking the rank points to add those two stats.

_________________
Image


Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Causing chaos somewhere
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
senatorhung wrote:
JDoe01 wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
so instead of the 6k tacos / engineers we got from the new drops .. they should have only been 5k. that way, those who have been continuously clicking down our artis keep an advantage over those who prefer less clicking.

it's unlikely that Dan will adjust the ones he has already rolled out, but if he adds new ones for the other perma ship boosts .. i would prefer to see that kind of trade.off implemented.

There is already a trade-off, the hours/days/weeks of time taken to save up those 1000 Rescued Prisoners, during that time your ship has up to 6k fewer Tactical Officers as a result of not clicking. Technically you are trading one disadvantage for another, no need to nerf it further IMHO.

It also sounds a little self-centred implying that you're losing out because of the time you've already used up in the previous clicking and new players don't have to go through that experience themselves.

Personally I'll make use of them and I thank Dan for adding a feature and a solution to a timewasting clicking problem people have been asking for a fix to for many years.


geez louiz. where oh where is there anything in my arguments that indicates that i am absolutely opposed to these improvements. NOWHERE. and of course i will use them for myself now that we have unlocked the taco one - i like my wrist as much as anyone. i just think the benefits for any future ones should be balanced out. as someone who is still actively harvesting red badges and yellow badges from you know, actually disabling ships, i think i have a dog in this fight.

you think the time trade.off is good enough. i don't. i see plenty of halc'd up laughable ships that would get an instant boost from parking for years with all their stacked up brackets and xcharge cells .. i think that would be a total death knell for higher ranked PvP.

so before Dan rolls out the next phase of the ct.lab click.free fest, i want to see some oomph to any use all artis associated with brackets and xcharge cells. so people don't like an efficiency penalty. fine.

--> make each bracket use all require 10k energy and 10 red badges on top of XX brackets
--> make each xcharge use all require 10k energy and 10 yellow badges on top of XX cells
--> make each tesseract use all require 10k energy and 10 dark badges on top of XX tesseracts

anyone remotely active in PvP or NPCing will have zero problem meeting those requirements in the time it takes to collect up the required brackets or xcharge or tesseracts. but the cheaters will have more roadblocks, and the parkers will have to un.park to benefit.

Theres allready plenty of good uses for these badges, absolutely not. I have no issue adding a energy cost but it'll do pretty not that much affect anything regardless because anyone who has a lot of artis stored up has a ton of energy restorations in their cargo anyway.

Finding them in the ctl lab and requiring you to miss out on 1k of the arti before it can be added rather than a generic add all in cargo option is enough. making things needlessly tedious for the player to add the strength they've earned to their ship is anti-player and its good its being changed.

_________________
Image
Image
Meow chika meow meow!!
Stark Tech Inside


Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 am
Posts: 30
Post Re: CT Lab has new Discoveries available
senatorhung wrote:
geez louiz. where oh where is there anything in my arguments that indicates that i am absolutely opposed to these improvements. NOWHERE. and of course i will use them for myself now that we have unlocked the taco one - i like my wrist as much as anyone. i just think the benefits for any future ones should be balanced out. as someone who is still actively harvesting red badges and yellow badges from you know, actually disabling ships, i think i have a dog in this fight.

you think the time trade.off is good enough. i don't. i see plenty of halc'd up laughable ships that would get an instant boost from parking for years with all their stacked up brackets and xcharge cells .. i think that would be a total death knell for higher ranked PvP.

so before Dan rolls out the next phase of the ct.lab click.free fest, i want to see some oomph to any use all artis associated with brackets and xcharge cells. so people don't like an efficiency penalty. fine.

--> make each bracket use all require 10k energy and 10 red badges on top of XX brackets
--> make each xcharge use all require 10k energy and 10 yellow badges on top of XX cells
--> make each tesseract use all require 10k energy and 10 dark badges on top of XX tesseracts

anyone remotely active in PvP or NPCing will have zero problem meeting those requirements in the time it takes to collect up the required brackets or xcharge or tesseracts. but the cheaters will have more roadblocks, and the parkers will have to un.park to benefit.

Well, it sure sounds like there is some opposition, now you're talking of adding badges to use future possible CT lab artis too.

Fact is, as mentioned here by others, I too think most people wouldn't bother if they're losing out on 1K Tactical Officers/Engineers/Helmsmen, kinda defeats the purpose of having this after all the years of people asking for it and the players lost because of the endless repetitive clicking already. Now you're even suggesting it should cost badges too, maybe you're overthinking this a little?


Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: