View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NPC's 

webguydan wrote:
To clarify, only NPC spawns that came *after* the update will be affected.

Since the NPCs still appear well over-powered for their respective RANKS, why am I still seeing NPCs above my RANK on my battle page ? It also appears these NPCs are based on much higher technology than players have the ability to obtain, since my research can not compensate for what appears to be their unlimited deck space, that apparently achieves their higher attack & defense powers at a given Rank, or perhaps the programming algorithm did not consider that these NPCs require ENERGY MODULES to power the ship !

I purchased and SET an Omicron Mine Trap that is supposed to give an enemy ship 400 damage when I am attacked. Obviously the NPCs are attacking me, because I am sustaining MUCH damage, yet my TRAP has NOT sprung yet on any of the 7 NPCs that I have now disabled since I set the TRAP. WHY ? Is this a program bug ?

:roll:

Last edited by integrityseeks on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 pm

integrityseeks wrote:
Obviously the NPCs are attacking me, because I am sustaining MUCH damage, yet my TRAP has NOT sprung yet on any of the 7 NPCs that I have now disabled since I set the TRAP. WHY ? Is this a program bug ?

You are attacking NPCs, traps only spring when you are attacked, not returned fire.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 pm

Dan made it so traps only trigger after a certain amount of damage because people were using low level multi-accounts to set off traps.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Barracuda wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:
Obviously the NPCs are attacking me, because I am sustaining MUCH damage, yet my TRAP has NOT sprung yet on any of the 7 NPCs that I have now disabled since I set the TRAP. WHY ? Is this a program bug ?

You are attacking NPCs, traps only spring when you are attacked, not returned fire.

LOL ! Returned Fire is a Counter Attack. You sound like a typical DEV trying to Whitewash a typical mistake, or perhaps Oversight is nicer terminology !

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:03 pm

integrityseeks wrote:
LOL ! Returned Fire is a Counter Attack. You sound like a typical DEV trying to Whitewash a typical mistake, or perhaps Oversight is nicer terminology !

Traps were designed to trigger only when you are attacked, and it doesn't always trigger. I am no developer
Anyway, for NPC, you are the attacker, NPc are the defenders. Traps trigger from Defender to attacker.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Barracuda wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:

Traps were designed to trigger only when you are attacked, and it doesn't always trigger. I am no developer
Anyway, for NPC, you are the attacker, NPc are the defenders. Traps trigger from Defender to attacker.

If that is the case, then I should NOT have to worry about the 2 Hacker NPC ships I now have on my battle page, or are they just another Satan FLOATING HIGH in the RULES of Engagement !

:roll:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:49 pm

About my post earlier when I asked if NPC shelds recharge. One NPC in my list COMPLETLY recharged INSTANTLY.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:06 pm

NPCs don't recharge currently, but they *do* get replaced when they expire. Keep in mind that they can get replaced with a new copy of the same type.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Well if my memory is right that NPC was hours away from getting replaced, I could be wrong tho. and another possible bug. I didnt play for a day, I came back, and the only ship I had in my list was a zolazin, and it got replaced by a zolazin, when I killed the 2nd zolazin regular NPCs showed up.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Robert wrote:
Well if my memory is right that NPC was hours away from getting replaced, I could be wrong tho. and another possible bug. I didnt play for a day, I came back, and the only ship I had in my list was a zolazin, and it got replaced by a zolazin, when I killed the 2nd zolazin regular NPCs showed up.

I have had that issue as well today... I logged in once in the morning and only one ship showed at first, then a second showed after flipping through a couple other screens. Then I logged in after work this afternoon, and same thing.

[EDIT] Not really worried about it though...

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 pm

This currently happens because the Battle screen is instructed to spawn only one NPC at a time. You can then imagine what happens if both NPCs expire... The screen will only spawn 1 until its refreshed again. Its a minor issue but it shouldn't impact players much.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:30 am

webguydan wrote:
This currently happens because the Battle screen is instructed to spawn only one NPC at a time. You can then imagine what happens if both NPCs expire... The screen will only spawn 1 until its refreshed again. Its a minor issue but it shouldn't impact players much.

added this to the FAQ to idiot proof it.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:38 am

Has anyone fought an NPC that is classified as a Hacker. For the indicated level they do not appear to have strong attack / defense capability, but do they have strong sensors and do they try to Hack you ?
:)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 pm

I think at the moment NPC just return fire when you attack them, they don't do anything else yet

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:42 pm

integrityseeks wrote:
Has anyone fought an NPC that is classified as a Hacker. For the indicated level they do not appear to have strong attack / defense capability, but do they have strong sensors and do they try to Hack you ?
:)

Might have a higher chance of doing a critical?

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:04 pm

I've fought quite a few of them, and i've not received any noticably critical hits, nor have they hacked me. In fact, I think the Hackers are some of the worst NPC's in the game, and i've never had any loot drops from them. Hopefully there are plans to add some sort of special effects based on their types. :)

Thinking about it though, Dan did say that future missions MAY require you to kill x amount of a certain TYPE of enemy.

My folding@home stats :)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:16 pm

I have not seen any major difference in enemies from different classifications( Hacker, Drone, ect.) So I would guess that as moe said its for missions like that.

Now as for NPCs being to strong, im sorry but there not too strong, your too weak.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:10 pm

Are all the uncommon NPC's over level 50, or are there any lower level ones?

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 pm

The lowest ones are level 10, but there extremely uncommon at that level, from what I can tell.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2