View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Space Elevator Chassis 

So what exactly does this artifact do? i know its a planet structure but is it a elevator to the next planet or outer space or what lol? :mrgreen:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:14 pm

its the same thing as a usual building you can put on a planet with an extra bonus. ie I had a chassis that the stats said (space 5, research 1, and population 50).
Sooo, its basically the same thing as the Research Station you can build on your planet that gives research 1 for 4 spaces, but for 1 more space it also gives you the extra 50 population. If you build the 2 separate it would cost you 8 spaces to do the same. thus saving 3 spaces on the planet to build other things. Of course if you don't care about the population size for your planet then its kinda worthless. The only way I see this as benefitial is if population size also somehow contributes to resource output (ie for every 50 population over original max gives an extra 1% or 5% to the outputs of all the resources on the planet). As of right now all population seems to do is help as a buffer from attack.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:41 pm

ah I see now, i'll keep it for now. might just come in handy after future updates. thanks for the reply

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Good post Aggross.

The structures that provide the most strategic benefit are the ones that combine multiple resources. These will help maximize the benefits of your planets that have more than one abundant resource on them.

As such, there will be the following structures:

- Mining + Artifact
- Artifact + Research
- Research + Mining
- Mining + Artifact + Research

Right now, a player has to typically choose between which of the resources they want to extract and build a structure just for that. Now, a player can start to get even more benefit from their icy, oceanic, terra, and others.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:03 am

any hint on the cost of artifact points to get such good ones that combine 2 or 3 resources?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:38 am

It was mentioned that artifact costs range from 250-6000 I'm guessing it'll be closer to the 6k range.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 am

In case you were curious:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:07 am

I was wondering if you could explain oceanic planets. I have 2 or 3 large/verylarge oceanic planets and tbh the stats on them just plain suck. My terra planets are godly (I have like 6ish I think) and they give a lot of mega rich even tho they are a bit smaller. The overall addition to my research/artifact number is greater even tho they are smaller and the oceanic planets seem weak even tho they are rare and seemingly more rare than the terra planets. Is there something that I am missing or?

Edit: BTW I read that article you posted and that #&$# would be so kickass if they made it. Hella interesting idea.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:37 pm

got another one but a bit different: Phase Cutter Chassis [Plant Structure; 5, Mining; 1, Attack; 30]. Thats in the 1000 - 3000 range, sorry can't remember how much exact, i just clicked until no artifacts points left.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:52 pm

Another one would be

Processing core chasis: Size:6 Mining: 1 Artifact:1

I think its in the 3k range can't remember for sure.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:24 pm

I got a relay tower, artifact 1 research 1 space 6, I think it was about 3k.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]