View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 What should i reserch? 

I have very low defence at 16 and im a rank 27 but i have 222 attack, 210 hull and 70 shield. Iv just started researching whipple plating and im 0/3. I have got to 2/3 on ion channeling as well. I was wondering weather to stick with both of them, or start doing something else as well? Shall i keep at hull and wepons or start something else as well? :?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Dreadlost wrote:
I have very low defence at 16 and im a rank 27 but i have 222 attack, 210 hull and 70 shield. Iv just started researching whipple plating and im 0/3. I have got to 2/3 on ion channeling as well. I was wondering weather to stick with both of them, or start doing something else as well? Shall i keep at hull and wepons or start something else as well? :?

Hull research won't increase your defense, it just increases your "hit points", though hull plating IS a good thing to have. While people argue about it at great length, the consensus seems to be that Hull is better than Shield up until level 200 (more or less).

You should research Defensive Modules to increase your defense. Defense decreases the amount of damage you take each time you're hit.

It's important to find a balance between these things and it takes a fair amount of trial and error, but you'll get there.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Just advice: only ever research 1 thing at a time. and i would do some defense research next, i always try to keep mine a little over half my attack, then get your hull up to nanosheres, then do weapons

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]