View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Upgrading Scan Ability 

Yes - remember: module management is a KEY part of the game. You are expected to UNINSTALL something to fit a module that you need at any given time. All players start the game with enough space to fit a decent amount of scan by themselves.

Wed May 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Here's how I do it - I un-equip everything, pile on the best scanners possible, and load up on every bonus I can get to get my probability to at least 60%. Then I launch a major scan blitz until my success drops to 15% or so. That gives me enough very large or better worlds with abundant or better resources to keep me busy til the next scan blitz. Then I sell the scanners, since I'll have better ones researched by the time I need them again. (Other than my newbie scans, I've only done 2 blitzes in my 46 levels. Ill probably do another at 50.)

Last edited by Rasanova on Thu May 06, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:16 am

Headless wrote:
Here's how I do it - I un-equip everything, pile on the best scanners possible, and load up on every bonus I can get to get my probability to at least 60%. Then I launch a major scan blitz until my success drops to 15% or so. That gives me enough very large or better worlds with abundant or better resources to keep me busy for til the next scan blitz. Then I sell the scanners, since I'll better ones researched by the time I need them again. (Other than my newbie scans, I've only done 2 blitzes in my 46 levels. Ill probably do another at 50.)

This is pretty much how i do it, works like a charm.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:23 am

I research a good amount of scanner levels until I know that I will get 100% and save any energy cubes I get until I have 3 full energy to use. I then scan until I hit 10 pc or 0 and usually I have a ton of new planets. Then I research until I have extremely pricey scanners and save up my money until I can implement them. I then implement them and do it all again. I also usually use a subspace seeker and a tachyon cylinder on top of my scan.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:44 am

what are energy cubes? and how do i get some? :)

Thu May 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Using an energy cube fully recharges your energy. You can get it from daily reward, artifact shipments, and some missions.

They are I think extremely rare artifacts in my opinion and should be kept until the need of such items arises, and not just used as soon as you get one or more.

Thu May 13, 2010 2:12 pm

i have gotten 6 so far and 2 for my last two daily rewards. im saving them for my next planet scan which should be next week where i will have my scan up to a wooping for me 500 plus, shows your the difference in levels, but i think im doing ok for 2 weeks playing

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu May 13, 2010 2:19 pm

nice, hopefully i luck out on it too... :)

Thu May 13, 2010 2:27 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
i have gotten 6 so far and 2 for my last two daily rewards. im saving them for my next planet scan which should be next week where i will have my scan up to a wooping for me 500 plus, shows your the difference in levels, but i think im doing ok for 2 weeks playing

I swear I have the worst luck in this game... Mediocre planet scans (found an aquatic once, plus another shared by legion) and nothing but cash from daily rewards, except for a few times getting research and once getting +2 RP. I've never seen an energy cube.

Oh well, maybe the next scan blitz will net me a dyson.... :lol:

Thu May 13, 2010 10:13 pm

i should have said i got 3 or 4 that way not all 6 but i have been lucky. ive gotten an android helm and 2 decks and research. the cubes help me jump a few levels quick, watch from now on i will get nothing lol

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Fri May 14, 2010 1:40 am

i got 600 reserch points the last 3 times, not bad considering i could have got cash

Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 am

i just got another energy cube today...its been 4 days since i got credits....keeping my fingers crossed

Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 pm

I'll trade you, jcwiggens! I never get anything but credits (that I don't really need). I'd much rather have the energy cubes!

Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 pm

cant trade 'em.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:59 pm

I know. I meant that I would trade his/her results from the Daily Reward with mine. Let him get the credits and I'll take the Energy Cubes. :)

Fri May 14, 2010 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2