View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 defense or attack? 

so at the moment...i have 4 light quantum devs(150attack each), and 1 microwarp nacelle (176defense). should i keep it this way, or change 2 cannons to install one more defense.

the way it is i have 614 attack, 190 defense.

so what should i do?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:57 pm
Profile WWW

So long as you have the hull to back it up, that defence will do you. Not sure how much hull that is though at your rank...

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile WWW

thunderbolta wrote:
So long as you have the hull to back it up, that defence will do you. Not sure how much hull that is though at your rank...

ok. i have 1437 hull FYI

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 pm
Profile WWW

leave the guns- grow your ship and put a second defence on when you can- try to keep the ratio of two to one as you grow- you can fit 8 defence modules same as guns- but they are damned big- is a good place to start

Have given up caffeine- probably best just not to talk to me

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:42 am

Fabulon wrote:
leave the guns- grow your ship and put a second defence on when you can- try to keep the ratio of two to one as you grow- you can fit 8 defence modules same as guns- but they are damned big- is a good place to start

ok, thanks. doing well in pvp with my build :D so it works.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

when pvping, full att/hull.
When offline, full def/hull/scan (if possible)

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:58 am

Fabulon wrote:

I have to disagree slightly. At very low ranks very few people have any defense mods installed. You're better off stacking guns and hull. That gives you a better chance of disabling others before their guns have a chance to do much to you. I didn't worry about defense mods until I had 8 respectable guns and 5 respectable hulls. Then I started adding defense 1 at a time until I had all 8.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Fabulon wrote:

I have to disagree slightly. At very low ranks very few people have any defense mods installed. You're better off stacking guns and hull. That gives you a better chance of disabling others before their guns have a chance to do much to you. I didn't worry about defense mods until I had 8 respectable guns and 5 respectable hulls. Then I started adding defense 1 at a time until I had all 8.

really? this could work, i could have 6 cannons if i scrapped my defense. i will try, and post my evaluation on here.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]