View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 2 questions... 

1. Can you use more than 1 subspace seeker at a time?
I am preparing for a major Scan Blitz, and I recently got a shipment of 11 subspace seekers. Is it possible to use 2 or more of those at once?

2.Why is the number of planets in the galaxy 548,722?
I've always wondered why the number of planets isn't a number with a bunch of zeros behind it. Is there some sort of equation that is behind it or is it determined by something else?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:41 pm

ZackTheGreat wrote:
I am preparing for a major Scan Blitz, and I recently got a shipment of 11 subspace seekers. Is it possible to use 2 or more of those at once?

No, you can only use one but you can stack it with a Tachyon Cylinder for an additional 50 scan points.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:50 pm

ODragon wrote:
ZackTheGreat wrote:

No, you can only use one but you can stack it with a Tachyon Cylinder for an additional 50 scan points.

Figures. Oh well, there goes that plan. XD

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:14 pm

As for the number of planets, as the # of players increases the amount of planets does so yes, there is an equation behind it.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 pm

No it wont stack on it self, but it will stack with the other arti that gives +50 to scan (can't think of name) and also with the Stryll seeker (+10% scan). Typically I wait till I get some energy cubes, a full energy bar then pop all 3 and then scan scan scan, then refil with energy cubes to make the boost that much more effective.

Last edited by silentknight on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:53 pm

silentknight wrote:
No it wont stack on it self, but it will stack with the other arti that gives +50 to scan (can't think of name) and also with the Stryll seeker (+10 scan).

I forgot about the Stryll seeker (10% scan) which is much better than you said! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tachyon Cylinder +50 Scan
Subspace Seeker +150 Scan
Sha'din Supercomputer +25 Scan
Prejor Beacon Sensor +40 Scan
Stryll Hunt Sensor +50 Scan (x2 max)
AI Supercomputer +5 Scan
Tachyon Router + 25 Scan
Flux Ringdisc + 30 Scan

Stryll Seeker +10% Scan
Protogrid Access Console +20% Scan

That's 552.5 scan points before even equipping a bought scanner. Not too bad... and because of the two %bonus items, it will be even greater.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:15 pm

ODragon wrote:
silentknight wrote:
No it wont stack on it self, but it will stack with the other arti that gives +50 to scan (can't think of name) and also with the Stryll seeker (+10 scan).

I forgot about the Stryll seeker (10% scan) which is much better than you said! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tachyon Cylinder +50 Scan
Subspace Seeker +150 Scan
Sha'din Supercomputer +25 Scan
Prejor Beacon Sensor +40 Scan
Stryll Hunt Sensor +50 Scan (x2 max)
AI Supercomputer +5 Scan
Tachyon Router + 25 Scan
Flux Ringdisc + 30 Scan

Stryll Seeker +10% Scan
Protogrid Access Console +20% Scan

That's 552.5 scan points before even equipping a bought scanner. Not too bad... and because of the two %bonus items, it will be even greater.

Fixed. Yeah that was a typo, my bad. The % buffs are realy REALY valuable in scanning for planets. A scan blitz is something you definately want to be patient for and take the time to gather the artifacts, they make a huge difference, and like I said make sure to store up some energy cubes too, the effects only last like 15 or 20 minutes I believe so you want to get as much out of them as possible.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 pm

I also make sure my scan blitz leads to leveling up. That is a nice energy bonus.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 pm

:) Thanks for all the input guys. :D I knew I would get some answers here. I will try to get what I can before I do my scanning blitz, and thanks to Mark W for that little tip. I would have never thought of that. XD

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]