View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Some Basic Strategy Tips for New Players 

If I do you will know it. :D lol It is very complex but that is what makes it fun. I have yet to find another game thats even close to how much fun this one is. Just wait till you get a little larger in size. It will make it a lot more fun.

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:53 pm
Profile WWW

Yep, that is why prior to rank 300ish, before you get to the planet boosting missions, fluxes are the best investment for you dollar.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:35 pm

silentknight wrote:
Yep, that is why prior to rank 300ish, before you get to the planet boosting missions, fluxes are the best investment for you dollar.

Why rank 300? You unlock all the missions well before that.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:37 pm

I am still new to the game. About how long will it take to level up?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Ambassador wrote:
I am still new to the game. About how long will it take to level up?

How long is a rope?

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:15 pm

it takes as long as you make it. It depends on your energy and what you use it on. Try to use it on missions that give you the most exp. for energy use. IF you do that then you will lvl. up faster.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

FerrusManus wrote:
silentknight wrote:

Why rank 300? You unlock all the missions well before that.

Because that's how long it's gonna take you to research all the planet defensive structures, and start farming the terraformers to make those planets 15x mega rich first. The biggest mistake I see people making is doing those missions too soon, then they can't defend the planets and hold onto them and they get taken, and they're not maxing them out prior to using them, so they're getting some massive 1 or 2x mega rich planets out of them instead of their full potential. If your patient you can make a colossal or super colossal with 17x mega rich resources if you're willing to be patient.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:58 pm

I disagree with the last post, because if you put all your points in deck and lets say you both have the same amount/things in the research tree unlocked, then you arent a sitting duck because you have more weapons, shield, hulll, and defense, the other person has less because they have a lot of crewmembers, which is wrse than having huge laser cannons. he cant disable you if you have better stuff then him (unless he uses all artifacts possible).

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:03 am

cakester740 wrote:
I disagree with the last post, because if you put all your points in deck and lets say you both have the same amount/things in the research tree unlocked, then you arent a sitting duck because you have more weapons, shield, hulll, and defense, the other person has less because they have a lot of crewmembers, which is wrse than having huge laser cannons. he cant disable you if you have better stuff then him (unless he uses all artifacts possible).

:? ??
The last post was about planets. Where did decks come into it?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:08 am

Another question I have is. What do you call a "good" legion. how many pepole do you think is a good legion and how about the rank of the leader?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Ambassador wrote:
Another question I have is. What do you call a "good" legion. how many pepole do you think is a good legion and how about the rank of the leader?

Rank of the leader has nothing to do with it. A good legion is up to you. If you want a legion that works well together and is very active on the comms and other things then you will go and look for a legion with daily users. Where as if you just want to play every day or two just for fun and lezure than you may not want to be in such an active legion and a good legion for you could be one that just helps with alerts but never really talks much or does anything as a whole. The thing to look for in a legion for you though would be rank first off. I would look for a legion where most of the member are near your rank. That will help a lot latter on with NPC fighting. If you join a legion and you are way ahead in rank or way behind then you will not have anyone to help with your NPC fights. Where as if lots of other players where near your rank than you could get their alerts and they could get yours.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

Ambassador wrote:

Yeah I never understood where people think level equates to leadership skills. What you would be more interested in is having a leader that is highly knowledgable about the game. Having a high rank might help with is, or it might not. He could have just ranked up by doing nothing but missions, and not know squat about pvp. If you can target their ship, check and see how many pvp battles, npc battles and missions they've accomplished. A balanced leader will have some of all.

As far as being a good legion, all of what Mojo said. Particular interest to me is how well the legion responds to legion alerts. Even if they arn't a 'pvp' legion, there are going to come times when you and other memebers of your legion are going to need help. You simply can't take the entire galaxy on by yourself. You may need help defending a planet, or even taking one. A good legion is one where many members will answer the call. I'm not into a legion dictating it's memebers must pvp a certian amount, but I am into a legion that does require members to answer legion alerts, otherwise your not much of a benefit to the legion. Unfortunately many people that are in these types of legions are there cause they don't want to be bothered and just need 49 other accounts to fill up the legion bonus. They don't answer alerts unless it's a boss alert that drops something they want. Just do some shopping around and play a bit and you'll start figuring out what your looking for in a legion.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:04 pm

this isn't answering any questions that I saw, but something I do have to say is don't waste your traps. early on I'd get an omicron mine and I'd put it on and just wait to use another, I figured people could see my traps or something and I'd need the protection. it turned out that this wasn't true. so don't waste traps like that, save them for when you're at war with someone or another legion. or later on when you get a mission that requires Omicron mines to get a stronger type of mine.

and there are certain types of artifacts that I thought were useless because I wasn't needing to use them so I scrapped them. one of these artifacts were containment missiles, boy that was a mistake. I could really use them because there is a mission that uses them to give you an artifact that destroys planetary structures, making it easier to invade.

so if you're not sure if an artifact is important, and you're in a legion, ask you legionnaires if the artifact has any kind of use, or post a question here on the forums. don't just scrap it like I was doing.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:52 am

yes being in a good legion can make the game much more fun and the omicron mission gets you a thetacron mine trap doing 2500 damage which someone like mojo could take but would just own my ship at rank 97 with 1080hull and 80 shield

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 pm

sgtlynch wrote:
yes being in a good legion can make the game much more fun and the omicron mission gets you a thetacron mine trap doing 2500 damage which someone like mojo could take but would just own my ship at rank 97 with 1080hull and 80 shield

Which is why I think this artifact was meant for smaller players. Once you get your hull over the 10K mark that trap is not really worth much all it really does for high ranking players is add another trap count on their ship for times of war. It also discourages smaller ranking players who think they want to try and take you for doing so and waisting your time. One hit from that trap and most of the players that are under rank 100 are gone. Making them pay for a repair and adding a death to their count because of one attack. So for any one under rank 200 this mine is a great investment but once you get higher in rank they are not worth as much.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

the mine though may give you and edge in battle whilst you are the defending ship because it 2500damage is still a big number

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 pm

I have a new question...
Can it be done. If your planet has beter atack and defence then your ship. And you are guard the planet and someone atacks you can your planet help in the fight and defend and atack for you?

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 am

no, if the defenses are down on your planet you are open for anyone to attack you.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:09 am

I think she meant if you are guarding a planet and someone attacks YOU not the PLANET. But either way the answer is still "no"

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:33 am
Profile WWW

WoW this is a great thread that is up, it has helped me a little bit on some of the questions i had.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next