View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Some Basic Strategy Tips for New Players 

Talk about a massive bump, lol
Wow, at the very top of the 5th page... *facepalm*

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:25 am
Profile WWW

Xzien wrote:

And unnecessary... it's sticky, lol

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:39 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Xzien wrote:

And unnecessary... it's sticky, lol

it's not even considered a bump since it's all sticky anyway
*washs hands*

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:58 am

*holds in laugh*
*barely holds in laugh*
*laughs*
*catches breath*
*types out experience*

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 am
Profile WWW

For my two cents on beginning, I wish I had seen this!

For the planets, at the low levels, the tutorial gives you one planet with your one scan. Now that planet may be a TINY extremely sparse at worse, and the newbie is screwred :/ no offense

I would recommend to all new players who start to not get a new planet that is under Very Abundant on any stat. At that level, a structure takes out most of your credit fund, i think 5k credits

Wait a while, and maybe do some missions. You will easily get credits, like about 50k, then maybe wait a while and get better scanners, and find a really good planet :) and your research will go from 10/hour to 80/hour!(or something like that)!! You can then research better sensors and get better planets to mine and other stuff that you want. Artifact should be skipped because 40 research/hour won't get you much and what if you get a Crimson Oblisk (or something that is useless like a Wormhole Emitter) and its only good for scrapping? Minerals would give a lot more, so get Minerals and Research at low levels! You will get stronger exponentially than the person who takes the Tiny extremely sparse planet!

At this time, you may rank up a few times. Get planets for the 3:1 energy ratio, and for more research/minerals. You can use Rank points on Deck, Cargo, or crew, but don't get scientists, they do nothing but give you insignificant research/hour. If you want to, you can get some crew to raid with, or some deck. Deck will be better once you are over rank 20, when you get the Plasma Cannons, Graviton IV, and great modules!

Sell minerals when you can (unless you play often) and if you have the patience, you can save minerals for a module and save the tariff. If you raided a bit and have a Protean Armoury, don't use it till you get enough credits. I missed my chance forever for the Protean Armoury, as I reset my account and decided to go Sillix Fixer and never got any extra crew.

At higher levels, you may find Terras. Terras are really good for Artifact, and you may or may not get Android Crew. Android Crew are special, in the fact that they give extra crew! Similar to rank points. Use them for more defense and scientists. Artifacts can give from a Flux Probe (250) to planet structures like a Warp Gate (4000) and even rank points! (4000-rescued prisoners).

At this point, you should join a legion, but it isn't required. A legion can help you with resource shipments and enemys! Don't join one of those 2 member legions where you get 2 research points per day. The legion can give you help and support and advice, and if you reset your account to start over, Tachylon Cylinders and Subspace Seekers and maybe Contiminum Beacons for your first planet adventure! Those three artifacts give at least 250 scan, enough for 25 planets, giving you a wide variety at the start!

In short, don't get bad planets, get the correct stats for rank points, and don't forget to be unique!

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5