View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Level 30 not sure what to do? 

Hey everybody I'm fairly new and all has been well so far, besides being disabled alot. But i need some help cause I'm kinda stumped on what i should be researching atm.

And i would like to know what yall think of my ship so far
ImageFree Photo Sharing
ImageFree Photo Sharing

Oh one last question if you had a planet that looked like this what would you be doing with it?
ImageFree Photo Sharing

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:12 am

suicidal666 wrote:
Oh one last question if you had a planet that looked like this what would you be doing with it?

well i wouldn't waste space on a tiny or small natural exotic trying to hold onto it unless i had plans to rift it (i've rifted one, but there are better options)

i'd put only replacable buildings (warp gate, processing core, refining lab, relay tower, space elevators, spy uplinks, phase cutters).. and then go with your best researched +artifact buildings... if someone finds that planet it has a good chance of getting taken from you, and at your level there's probably nothing you can do about it

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:25 am

I've been playing for bit and havn't found anything like that planet yet. Hope you can hang on to it. get in to a legion will stop alot of attacks on you. check out Interstellar regency we are looking for new active players. Good luck in what ever you decide to do! Warboy

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:59 am

To be honest, at your current rank getting into a good legion is one of the best things that you could do. Legions give a fair amount of research a day, and while it may be tempting to start and lead your own, at a low rank that just doesn't pan out. You don't have the resources required to get your base up to a good level where it is producing large amounts of resources.

I would recommend you and your legionmates find a good, pre-established legion willing to take low ranks. Steel Talons, Terranian Armada, and Genome Brood seem good (although GB recently had a large population decline, they may be merging with someone, though I don't really know), and I'm sure other people here in the forum could recommend good legions to join. You could all likely get into the same legion, if you wished.

That said, if you wish to stick it out in your own legion, the road ahead of you will be tough. Once you rank up more, planets will contribute more to you than a base, but in the early ranks established bases provide key boosts that aid you in becoming stronger (or even simply not falling behind).

Legions can pay out tens of thousands of research daily, but they are meant to be mutualistic. They help you grow, and in turn when possible, you contribute to them in order to help the legion as a whole grow.

Some other, more generalized advice:
Retrieve artifacts when your total artifact points are over 4,000, as this opens up the possibility of Rescued Prisoners. Also, do not scrap artifacts, as many of them can be worth a fair deal of credits.

Do not colonize whatever planets are "best at the time". Try to colonize those that are both Large+ and Rich+ (with some few exceptions, such as Small but 2x Mega Rich, or Very Massive and Very Abundant). In this role, scanners are key to helping you find good planets (although with that exotic planet, it will help offset any poorer worlds you have taken).

At low ranks, shielding is bad. Even at higher ranks, it is mostly used for planetary defenses as opposed to ship defenses. It's generally only when your ship begins to have many of the other module spaces filled that researched shields begin to be put in (from my experience and from the high-ranked players I've spoken to). Replace the shield modules with more hull modules, as they provide a better Deck:Health ratio.

Putting Rank points into Decks, at low ranks, is generally considered the best use of rank points.

T.O. Harmonic Pulsers (the first ones you can get) are (from what I have gathered) not worthwhile, and I have personally been recommended to scrap any I get for the CTP.

Ah yes, one last one I forgot. Protean armories have the second best deck:hull ratio in the entire game, and cost 80 yellow badges. You can obtain three of them, and they are immensely useful. When you find a disabled person on the battletab or disable one, give a few shots at a raid. They pay off in the end.

Last edited by RigorMortis on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 am

Like Rigor mentioned, if you come over to the Terranium Armada, we'll help you work out all the kinks including protecting your planets. Because a lot of our guys were where you were not that long ago. Even if you choose to go elsewhere, a good legion really is the answer. They'll help you out with everything.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:57 am

thanks for the reply's
First idk what you mean by that? "well i wouldn't waste space on a tiny or small natural exotic trying to hold onto it"
And know i regret starting a legion :( and it seems like a waste to just get rid of it hell ive put over 1800 energy and like 70 exotic matter into it.

What happens to the legion if i end it?

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:26 am

If you disband your legion, everything will disappear. You haven't invested too much in it yet, (although it may seem alot) so moving now is one of the best things you could do.

You could try Wrath of Baal, while new, it has an RP focused level 3 base and because it's so new there is plenty of opportunity for promotion. ;)

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:00 pm
Profile WWW

not bad, need higher research though. at rank 32 i got 527 :D but yeah, ok ship.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:06 pm
Profile WWW

Dump your base. It may seem like you've put a lot into it, but that's not a significant contribution in the long run. You'll get much more from an established legion.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:09 pm

suicidal666 wrote:
thanks for the reply's
First idk what you mean by that? "well i wouldn't waste space on a tiny or small natural exotic trying to hold onto it"
what i mean is, i seriously doubt you'll have the defensive structures needed to keep a planet like that safe if someone else scans it, so don't waste any planet buildings that you get from missions on it, and don't bother using any attack or defense structures... and if you use any planet artifact structures, only use structures on it that you'll be able to replace (nothing from missions)

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:05 pm

Hey, I just wanted to mention our legion, Cross Guardians. We aren't as established as the ones mentioned, but we have a level 3 base that is over halfway upgraded for level 4. Because we are a younger legion, you may find it easier and faster to become a trusted member and/or officer.

We help each other out and many of us are still learning all the intricacies of the game so you will have people to learn and grow with.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Looks like you have a good start on things. I would dump your base if I was you because without larger members or more members in you legion you will not be able to protect that planet. I would also research hull and cloaking more. If your legion wants to join American Eagles just send me an email. We have a level 4 base (about a week from level 5) and we could help you all out as far as protection and helping with the game. I know it seems like a lot to give up what you have put into the base but look at it this way. Im only level 187 and have dumped 55k energy and 100k res into our base. It will add up to be a lot over time. Anyway check us out!

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]