View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Terraforming Device 

The wiki says you get it at level 25, but there's a question mark by it so this hasn't been confirmed.

My folding@home stats :)

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:58 am

It's level 25 but you have to complete 100 quest to be able to do the mission.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:30 am

ok ty, i just get my rank 25 and i see it.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:18 pm

mojo311 wrote:
You have to high light this:
Robert wrote:
(It turns any planet no matter how tiny and barren, into an Exotic with exactly these resources and size
-13x mega Rich mining
-13x mega rich artifact
-13x mega rich research
-Massive size
)

It has been told about three times now on this page please read all post fully. As you can see in Roberts first message to you where he put:
Robert wrote:
terraforming devices are VERY RARE artifacts that can either be spent on that mission or increase the abundance of all resources on a planet by one level(Rich to Very Rich, Abundant to very abundant, Sparse to Average). The reward for that mission is(Highlight the invisible text)(A hyper Terraformer, it turns ANY planet even a tiny barren into a Massive Exotic with AMAZING resources. ive finished the mission so i know.)

He told you what to do to see it.

It turns any planet no matter how tiny and barren, into an Exotic with exactly these resources and size
-13x mega Rich mining
-13x mega rich artifact
-13x mega rich research
-Massive size

This is what the hyper terraformer does...

Enjoy...

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:28 pm

:roll: lol I don't know why people think its is so cool to make their text the same color as the background. That trick is so old :ugeek: Trust me, Ive been playing games online since the early 80's. The point I want to make here is, I never pay for a beta game. Never. Ok Dan, before you get mad at me, I do donate to games I like :) and I like this one. The thing is, you will never know it was me that donated that. Heck, I have lots of money to be the best here. That is no fun for me here. I'm looking for a poor mans style of play.

I'm getting so tired of FaceBook now. The reason for that? most of everything is basted on paying real money.

The thing is, If I have to expose myself to facebook and to this game. I'm one of the older players that will never do that.

All games come to an end. Well they should anyway.

Did I say I never pay for beta games? :ugeek:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:01 am

Iric Miles wrote:
:roll: lol I don't know why people think its is so cool to make their text the same color as the background. That trick is so old :ugeek: Trust me, Ive been playing games online since the early 80's. The point I want to make here is, I never pay for a beta game. Never. Ok Dan, before you get mad at me, I do donate to games I like :) and I like this one. The thing is, you will never know it was me that donated that. Heck, I have lots of money to be the best here. That is no fun for me here. I'm looking for a poor mans style of play.

I'm getting so tired of FaceBook now. The reason for that? most of everything is basted on paying real money.

The thing is, If I have to expose myself to facebook and to this game. I'm one of the older players that will never do that.

All games come to an end. Well they should anyway.

Did I say I never pay for beta games? :ugeek:

You missed the point. The "grayed out" text isn't for coolness. It's because the guy that wrote it consider it a spoiler. So maybe some people want to be surprised. As for the rest of your post...cool story bro. Can I be your friend ?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 am

I think this is bogus. :evil: I am rank 49 and have yet to see even one terraforming device. That mission has been staring me in the face for ages and I can't even do one iteration. Now granted I am not all that knowledgeable on this game but the rarity scale is whacked when an item needed for a mission can't be found.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am

Kaytrim wrote:
I think this is bogus. :evil: I am rank 49 and have yet to see even one terraforming device. That mission has been staring me in the face for ages and I can't even do one iteration. Now granted I am not all that knowledgeable on this game but the rarity scale is whacked when an item needed for a mission can't be found.

its meant to take you a very very long time to finish (like months), if it was just handed over too you it wouldn't be very special now would it?

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:45 am

Then why even have the mission show up so early? There are members in my legion that are much higher rank than myself and they have yet to see a TD. If this is the case then the rarity is too high.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 am

Kaytrim wrote:
Then why even have the mission show up so early? There are members in my legion that are much higher rank than myself and they have yet to see a TD. If this is the case then the rarity is too high.

The point is so that you know of the possibility early on, would suck if you imaged to get 1 or 2 of them and then find out that your going to have to wait along time to get a total of ten again.

And "higher rank then myself" is situational, if you want to find them faster, kill NPCs to find T.O. Troop Carriers, they drop Terraformers.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am

Cause i'm l33t and I'm gonna pay lots o money to get the rarest of the planets in the game at lvl 25!

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:48 pm

I have yet to actually see one; I'm assuming along with the artifact drop rate changes (possibly 0) for both rare artifacts, the NPC that drop them are more rare than before. Has anyone been able to get either of these lately without buying them (esp. an artifact drop which would change my theory about them being removed from AP drops) ?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:31 am

I got a Troop Carrier(actually 2, lucky me) a few days ago and both gave me terraformers(~Rank 115). Ive only gotten one at rank 70 I beleive? through arti shipments.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 am

BinaryMan wrote:
I have yet to actually see one; I'm assuming along with the artifact drop rate changes (possibly 0) for both rare artifacts, the NPC that drop them are more rare than before. Has anyone been able to get either of these lately without buying them (esp. an artifact drop which would change my theory about them being removed from AP drops) ?

Actually I thought I read that they added NPCs that carried it after decreasing the chance, probably to encourage fighting NPCs.

EDIT: Yeah, it says that in the second update for August.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:06 am

argoul wrote:
what lvl do you need to acces the quest for the hyper trraformer device?

Not very High at all...like maybe level 25.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:39 am

Longname wrote:
Cause i'm l33t and I'm gonna pay lots o money to get the rarest of the planets in the game at lvl 25!

And then it's location is either hacked or scanned by someone else and it's taken from you before you ever even reach level 60.

The reason you get the missions so early is so you can use the terraformer as soon as you start getting them. If it waited until your level 300 then you would have to carry them in your cargo until then, assuming you resisted the urge to use them. So far i've gotten 6, all from T.O. Troop carriers before even reaching level 100. Kill mobs, lots and lots and lots of mobs.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:28 am

you got a chance to get a hyper terraform device without actually finishing it, i am decidign whether i should use the terraformer or risk to make hyper terraformer device.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 pm

First don't be in a hurry to get the device and the exotica planet. You'll be putting a big target on your back. If you can not put the exotic device(s) of cloaking/defense/attacks your planet will be taken the moment it is discovered. Always use your flux probe to find a planet in your database that has never been scanned. Be sure to cloak your new exotic planet with a cloak level of at least 2,000 preferably 4,000! Then always guard your best planet. Keep in mind if you tell anyone you have a great planet higher ranked players will hack you just for the chance of a planet location and maybe they hit the jackpot and get your exotic planet! Also if your not at the research tree level where your structures are generating 8+ per structure then your probably not in a position to keep the planet should it come under attack. However should you obtain a teraforming or expanding device do not use them. Now they cannot be stolen from your cargo. Save them up for the missions that create exotic planets.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Just to post an update. I finally got all 10 Terraforming devices from NPC drops. I also just made rank 260. No I did not buy any of them either. Just persistence and a ton of NPC hunting.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2