View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Just my statistics so far, what are yours? 

http://oi44.tinypic.com/i4fvja.jpg

Whats your stats?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 am

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for you when I'm PvPing...

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 am

kimsy2 wrote:

Whats your stats?

wow chron transistor at rank 112 pretty impressive i got mine at 178 :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 am

What I like is that he uninstalled relays to make it look like he has more energy.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:32 am

kimsy2 wrote:

Whats your stats?

you need to seriously work on your hull right where you are your a two hit disable to anyone who sees you

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:37 am

wolfprince01 wrote:
What I like is that he uninstalled relays to make it look like he has more energy.

clever that but still pretty impressive though

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:38 am

I really hope you pop up on my BT, two shot easy disable :), I'm only a rank 100 by the way.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 pm

strm avenger wrote:

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for you when I'm PvPing...

Ill be 40levels higher then you by next week

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Epicownage wrote:
kimsy2 wrote:

Whats your stats?

wow chron transistor at rank 112 pretty impressive i got mine at 178 :lol:

ty, I uninstalled my relays so it shows my max energy. :) PS Ive only done missions throughout, completed the palcite thaw chain and powerleveling on octafari soon, as I level up automatically if I do it (:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:43 pm

Epicownage wrote:
wolfprince01 wrote:

clever that but still pretty impressive though

Thanks (: Ive finished 40 missions so far, going to push on for mission tier 86 and talthilian race cannot spell it (:
And I have halycron traps, if you guys decide to attack, so upto you guys thinking about attacking a defenseless angel wing.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 am

Lol, I'm just saying because I still need around 40 reds for my last cannon, easier the kill the less energy I need to waste to get it lol.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:33 am

kimsy2 wrote:

Whats your stats?

not to dictate how any one else plays, but i would strongly recommend against what you are doing. by remaining weak, youre just opening yourself up to attacks from higher and higher levels. if you cant even survive a 125, how do you expect to survive a 165? or a 200? slow down for a bit. build up your ship strength. i've seen other people do exactly what youre doing. and that resulted in me disabling them... from over 200 ranks behind them.

also, something you need to make a note of, is as you level your 40% also increases. at level 5 its levels 3-7. at level 500 its 300-700. just something to think about. i know being a high rank SOUNDS appealing, but trust me, its not. its filled with energy sink npcs, which is the most efficient way to level after you complete the missions (which is what i assume youre doing since you have nothing but energy). Also, youre really penalizing yourself because you cant invade any planets. most of my planets have 10k defense on them. some less, some more. how can you take those at your build?

what i would recommend is either slow down and become a ssb, or slow down and put most of your points into decks or tactical officers/helmsmen. either way, dont rush yourself in this game. It took me a bit over a year to get past rank 500. i know other players who can do it efficiently very fast (binary man), but you dont look like youre following his strategy. if i had rushed to get to 500 (and i definitely could have) i would not have the ship i have now, i would not be in the legion i am now, and i would have about half the planets i do now.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:55 am

Vekno wrote:
kimsy2 wrote:

Whats your stats?

not to dictate how any one else plays, but i would strongly recommend against what you are doing. by remaining weak, youre just opening yourself up to attacks from higher and higher levels. if you cant even survive a 125, how do you expect to survive a 165? or a 200? slow down for a bit. build up your ship strength. i've seen other people do exactly what youre doing. and that resulted in me disabling them... from over 200 ranks behind them.

also, something you need to make a note of, is as you level your 40% also increases. at level 5 its levels 3-7. at level 500 its 300-700. just something to think about. i know being a high rank SOUNDS appealing, but trust me, its not. its filled with energy sink npcs, which is the most efficient way to level after you complete the missions (which is what i assume youre doing since you have nothing but energy). Also, youre really penalizing yourself because you cant invade any planets. most of my planets have 10k defense on them. some less, some more. how can you take those at your build?

what i would recommend is either slow down and become a ssb, or slow down and put most of your points into decks or tactical officers/helmsmen. either way, dont rush yourself in this game. It took me a bit over a year to get past rank 500. i know other players who can do it efficiently very fast (binary man), but you dont look like youre following his strategy. if i had rushed to get to 500 (and i definitely could have) i would not have the ship i have now, i would not be in the legion i am now, and i would have about half the planets i do now.

I agree with this guy above me. What exactly is your goal?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:07 am

My goal is to level as quick as possible. Once Ive completed every mission I will then have enough decks from shipment and from missions to load a fair amount of decks for offense and defense. So maybe around rank 500? And then rank points willl then be split between attk/def crewmen. Ill update my current progress shortly, yesterday to today's differences.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:14 am

kimsy2 wrote:
And I have halycron traps, if you guys decide to attack, so upto you guys thinking about attacking a defenseless angel wing.

1. You do realize that traps don't always activate within the first couple hits, right?
2. With your stats, a 1 hit K.O. is likely and your traps won't mean a thing.
3. You're never safe, even when you think you are.

Go! Go! Tricky style!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 am

Epicownage wrote:
kimsy2 wrote:

Whats your stats?

you need to seriously work on your hull right where you are your a two hit disable to anyone who sees you

2 shot killing him would work if he had half hull, remember damage cap is half decks (or if higher rank).

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:52 am

Monk223 wrote:
kimsy2 wrote:

1. You do realize that traps don't always activate within the first couple hits, right?
2. With your stats, a 1 hit K.O. is likely and your traps won't mean a thing.
3. You're never safe, even when you think you are.

I apply rule number 3 to you too (: besides I Dont care if I get disabled, I just want to level (:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:32 am

kimsy2 wrote:
My goal is to level as quick as possible. Once Ive completed every mission I will then have enough decks from shipment and from missions to load a fair amount of decks for offense and defense. So maybe around rank 500? And then rank points willl then be split between attk/def crewmen. Ill update my current progress shortly, yesterday to today's differences.

ok, the reason this isnt going to work, is because 1) youre not going to have enough decks to equip all your scanners to maximize scan runs. 2) youre not going to have enough research to keep up with your level and thus be weaker in general. essentially, your putting yourself in league with the 'big boys' when youre still a lowbie. thats a bad idea. its like youre going half between the normal gameplay, and half between ssb. unless you dedicate yourself to one build or another, your going to leave yourself vulnerable to attack. and trust me. no one likes to be disabled constantly. and when i say constantly, i literally mean, the second you repair or level getting disabled instantly. i've seen it before, and i dont want that to ruin the game for you, cause this game is really cool.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 am

It's important to note that the rate of being able to level is directly proportional to two things. 1. The amount of good planets you have colonized and ready to colonize. 2. The level of your research comparative to others of your approximate level.

If you don't level within those two parameters, you're setting yourself up for a whole host of problems. I'm not going to list all of them as many have already been listed. But my favourite is very simple. If you make a weak ship, you get a pathetic combat reputation. It's a known fact that people will attack players with weak combat reputations regardless of actual ship strength (combat rep is a quick indicator of your supposed strength and willingness to retaliate). The weaker you make your ship, the more you're going to get picked on. Especially since the higher up you get in levels, the fewer badgeable ships there are. You'll have everyone and their dog's stylist attacking you because they know how weak you are. There's nothing your traps will be able to do to save you so continuous will be the onslaught. It will literally become a hole you can't dig yourself out of

It's also important to note that in a previous topic on roughly the same subject, Netz was saying all the same things that you're saying. He was all about the speed levelling without regard for the two controlling factors listed above. You'll note that he has since changed his tune.

Don't hamstring your gameplay by trying to leapfrog over essential steps to becoming a high end player. There are no shortcuts in life... or in Galaxy Legion.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:04 am

Jawwa is right you know, I Use to be about power leveling, I had my modules far behind the rest of my level, and a lot put into energy. At rank 100 I had a laughable reputation, with 100deaths and about 1kill. I was the target throughout the time playing, I slowed down and started building my ship strength and soon enough, ranked up to rank 140 with savage reputation, and 20kills off insane. stopped PVPing from there, and no continious disables. Jawwa, you shall got a good memory

No shortcuts in life for sure, theres an essence of it, but not the full enjoyment.

Like Megaupload - a multi billionaire for skipping a step, not paying the price for things, there he skipped it and pirated it instead and now he is busted :L Recently on the news

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next