View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Tips for an Energy Build 

I'm rank 20, and I want to do an energy build. I want to eventually be able to autorank, and I would like to know exactly how to do so. I know I'm gonna hear about how I should focus on badging, because its harder later on, and I understand that. But I ask you to understand that some people don't only care about power. I want to get very high in rank, and then worry about becoming the strongest. I should be able to auto rank by rank 200 if I put all my rank points into engineers, and research mainly the energy tier, correct? After I get my energy over 1k or more, I'll start slowly putting some rank points into decks.

Tell me what you would change on that, please?

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:37 pm

I know what you said, but I'm going to say this anyway.

The quickest/easiest way to rank is NPCs. For NPCs you need high attack, the Mk 3 dominions will really help that.

If you want to stick to missions, keep enough decks to install 3 of your best cores, and 4 relays, and put the rest into engineers.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Then put on as much cloak as you can possible, because a pure energy build will be a nice chewy squeaky toy on the BT.

There's only a few people who have successfully autoranked. A pure energy build is NOT the way to go. For good advice for autoranking, talk to BinaryMan or BobdeBouwer.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Profile WWW

How would I get up with them? And it seems as if my question has been met with some hostility...what did I do to upset you all?

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Some people just don't understand the reasoning behind it (like me).

If you didn't care about being disabled, I would recommend making sure you have good artifact production and research production, and sell your artifacts to traders so you can buy halcyon traps and calming amplifiers.

Have enough decks to have 3 of your best cores and 4 of your best relays installed, and put all your other rank points into engineers.

Eventually you will start getting one-hit, and in the hundreds of ranks that can be very costly.

A good legion will also help you.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm in Crimson Corporation now, and I get around 40,000 Research per day, and I think it was close to 8,000 artifact points.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:06 pm

There's no hostility whatsoever. Just giving you the reality of your plan. There's a guy pushing rank 1000 that seems to think that rank is king. He's easily taken out by people less than half his rank because he has a primarily energy build. He can easily autorank, but in doing so, he's handicapped himself. In fact, he's become quite a joke among the long-time players.

As for contacting those guys, get a couple more posts and you'll be able to send Private Messages (PMs). Send one to one of them when you're able if they don't poke in here before hand.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 pm
Profile WWW

You will need to fight NPCs for lasting auto-rank ability, and so you will want to get a 10energy/rank ratio. Basically, put all your rank up points into energy, and reactors can give you some extra energy, just to be safe. I would say put all your Rescued Prisoner points into Tactical Officers, to help with NPC fights (you're trying for a 4 experience/energy ratio), but you could put some into decks as necessary. Try to rely on Ship-Bots for decks though. The most important aspect is efficient planet usage: mostly try for Artifact planets, looking mainly at the largest ones; size will be the most important factor. Try to only take Very Large Toxics for your mining, as well. Keep in mind that this will start to take a good amount of real life time, even if you don't need to wait for energy it can take some time to get through all your energy at higher levels.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Hmmm, I wonder who Darth is talking about...

But anyway, so far as I know, Binary or Bobdebower are the most successful at auto-ranking. FRAIL is the only one who really pulled of an energy build, but only because he rapidly built up his production to balance his rank.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm
Profile WWW

Forgot to mention, keep all the Very Massive Very Sparse Gas planets you find. Don't pick them up right away necessarily, but eventually you'll want to max those out with Terraformers for more artifacts.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Ok, so since an energy build isn't best, what do you think I should do? I don't want to go full out attack, I'm tired of seeing Konqul Fixer idiots. I myself am Aerlen Fixer. Is that a good race for npc and/or pvp?

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Lazuli Fixer, but you're nowhere near high enough for that, so Aerlean is a decent choice. I'd recommend 4 guns and 5 hulls until rank 100, then start adding defense and guns

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 pm
Profile WWW

Herro wrote:
Ok, so since an energy build isn't best, what do you think I should do? I don't want to go full out attack, I'm tired of seeing Konqul Fixer idiots. I myself am Aerlen Fixer. Is that a good race for npc and/or pvp?

An energy build with some attack on the side is plenty. The goal of auto-ranking isn't just to be high level, but to take out so many NPCs that you can increase all of your planets a lot, and get really good production. All of the research and decks you need will come naturally from auto-ranking if you do it right, in the manner I've stated.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I won't really do an energy auto-rank build, because it does not provide any benefit in the long run.
The only real benefit of rank up in this game is planet slots, a few rank points and maybe new NPCs.
The rank point will all go to energy if you went energy auto rank build, so that isn't helping
And the planet slots don't really help because you lack the attack strength to properly invade most of the good planets that you will see, and also lack the defensive strength to hold those that you did get(invade off guard or simply found by others) With that said, you will end up with empty slots OR crappy planets.
And new NPC wise... u will lack the power to take those down properly

With that said, if you wanna auto rank, I would suggest you do it in the NPC path. First do a bit of PvP for enough badges to get a full set of Dom III, u can consider getting Dom I first and then save for IIIs or u can save for IIIs directly, I don't care. After collecting that many reds(remember to raid for yellows for armory too, and u can raid a couple every now and then afterward for those), start NPCing.

The thing with NPC auto ranking is that given a succesful auto rank build this way(which does, admittingly, take much more effort than pure-energy auto ranking), you will have an attack power that you can be proud of, it's almost a requirement! And with that you can invade planets properly to utilize the benefit of added planet slots. And ofc, being NPC auto-ranking, you will get plenty of benefit from any new NPC u might unlock as u rank up.

Seriously, for your own sake, I would really suggest against energy based mission autoranking, it doesn't do you any good.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm

I have sent you a guide that I typed out a long time ago, that will get you started out.

The basics, like everyone has already said, are autorank via npc's. To do this you need atleast 10 x current rank in max energy and atleast 25 x current rank in attack. An extremely high artifact production (artifact producing base helps a lot) as you need roughly 15 rank points into tact officers per rank up to keep up with the increasing stats of npc's.

Konqul race helps a lot in the early stages but change to Drannik as soon as you can as the bonus you get from them helps enormously. Keep your decks equal to or below your (current rank + 19)/2, this will keep your damage cap (the amount of damage you recieve) low, enabling you to keep on hitting for longer before repairing.

Most important:
  1. High artifact production
  2. High attack
  3. High energy
  4. High hull

Theres bound to be more I could say/suggest but its late and almost my bed time. As soon as you can send messages I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have via pm or even here.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:47 pm

bobdebouwer wrote:
I have sent you a guide that I typed out a long time ago, that will get you started out.

The basics, like everyone has already said, are autorank via npc's. To do this you need atleast 10 x current rank in max energy and atleast 25 x current rank in attack. An extremely high artifact production (artifact producing base helps a lot) as you need roughly 15 rank points into tact officers per rank up to keep up with the increasing stats of npc's.

Konqul race helps a lot in the early stages but change to Drannik as soon as you can as the bonus you get from them helps enormously. Keep your decks equal to or below your (current rank + 19)/2, this will keep your damage cap (the amount of damage you recieve) low, enabling you to keep on hitting for longer before repairing.

Most important:
  1. High artifact production
  2. High attack
  3. High energy
  4. High hull

Theres bound to be more I could say/suggest but its late and almost my bed time. As soon as you can send messages I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have via pm or even here.

Definitely want to say a +1 to this.

Only thing that keeps me changing from Konqul to Drannik is that i lose the excavator & +20% attack bonuses, but as of right now my attack is 29x my rank and my nrg is over 10x too so staying ahead of both of those, with modules still waiting to be installed.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]