View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Looking For Critique On My Ship(Rank 154) 

I'm not looking for nice comments like "oh, your ship looks so perrrrty" to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I want to know what I'm doing wrong/could be doing better, and what I should do in the future so as to improve my ship overall. So please give your honest opinion, and not some sugar coated BS :) Though that doesn't mean you need to be rude to deliver it... ;)

Might as well start with my ship itself :) Npc'ing is my main focus in the game right now. I really dislike missions, so I don't do them. I tried to do the Planet Flux mission, but got bored before I got even one completion... Anyway, my ultimate goal is to eventually be able to autorank off npc's, but that is pretty far off :P
When buffed(Crimson amp, shockpulse, obelisk, foci), I have about a 34/1 npc attack/rank, but I don't kill enough npc's to be able to constantly use these buffs :( Without artifact buffs, I have about a 21/1 ratio. Any ideas that would help me achieve my goal of autoranking I'd really appreciate.
Rank points lately have been going into decks and engineers. Usually about 3/2 ratio for decks to engineers. I'm not sure this is the right thing to do, so a tip regarding that would be great.

Quick note: I just got my first lazuli mind controller, so pretend it's in there...

Research:

Currently 1/3 on rift fields, 2/3 on quantum assembly(Note: Currently working on planet production research until I get +8's) and 2/3 inertial dampening... Defense could use more than a little work, I'm just not sure when I should do it. A bit of advice in that aspect would be appreciated :)
Money also isn't a big issue for me as I trade a little bit, so having a higher upkeep wouldn't kill me.

Production

Minerals: 1393
Artifacts: 2021
Research: 2067

Not sure what they should be at, but it's not causing any issues yet.

I have the mission exotic(15x now, thanks to a couple troop carriers) and Dyson. Exotic is geared towards artifact production, Dyson about a 60/40 split between artifact and research. Productions on them are relatively not too great because I don't have any mission artifacts(Only ones I do have, I stole), and my planet buildings aren't too great either :?

Any comments & criticisms are welcome and appreciated. Remember, I'm looking for honest opinions on what I should do to improve :)

Thanks for reading!

C

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Hmm, next time your on my BT I'll give you a field test. :P

My thoughts:

Your defence is awful, but no worse than I was 20 ranks ago... (which, mind you, is 110)

Focus on getting those other 2 Antiprotons first though.

Please, please tell me your not using those BM Convoys as defences... it's a real pet hate of mine. If your primarily bases, or maxed on good, researched defence then yes, but do NOT buy them for pure defence.

Hull is good, only some 900 shy of my own, which I'm researching Fermionics to get an extra 1.3k or so (I want 10k hull. :) )

Your buildings should be a priority, +8 at least, if your feeling good with your production though, feel free to go to +10 (I just did it at 1.5k RP, which wasn't too bad).

In 20 ranks difference, your research is +400 and mining is -200. Seems a bit weak, particuarly if you have any mission planets, which I do not.

You don't need those scan modules, if your NPCing use a subspace+tachycon, and you'll be able to fit an extra gun which will help.

Get the last Vortul Blast Phaser. ;)

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Get at least 1 defence module before the other 2 Antiprotons, I'd say. Get your mining up to.

@Strm, 10k hull with Fermionics? I'm sitting on 9k, with Fixer (unbuffed, mind you)

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:39 pm
Profile WWW

strm avenger wrote:
Hmm, next time your on my BT I'll give you a field test. :P I look forward to it :)

My thoughts:

Your defence is awful, but no worse than I was 20 ranks ago... (which, mind you, is 110) Defense has never been my strong suit... Looks like I'll be doing some defense research a bit sooner than planned :P

Focus on getting those other 2 Antiprotons first though.

Please, please tell me your not using those BM Convoys as defences... it's a real pet hate of mine. If your primarily bases, or maxed on good, researched defence then yes, but do NOT buy them for pure defence. When the best researched mods you have are mark II inertial dampeners, BM50's start looking pretty good :D

Hull is good, only some 900 shy of my own, which I'm researching Fermionics to get an extra 1.3k or so (I want 10k hull. :) ) Nice! I'll get around to fermionic eventually. Hopefully will land the other 2 protean armouries by then too.

Your buildings should be a priority, +8 at least, if your feeling good with your production though, feel free to go to +10 (I just did it at 1.5k RP, which wasn't too bad). I'd do +10's but they'll take me the better part of a month to get to, and then I'll fall even farther behind in other research.

In 20 ranks difference, your research is +400 and mining is -200. Seems a bit weak, particuarly if you have any mission planets, which I do not. I'm a bit picky when it comes to planets... I'm sitting on 5 empty slots right now and am going on a scan run soon, so I'll likely fill those slots soon. I'm also still using +5's, so once I get +8's my production will easily jump up a few hundred.

You don't need those scan modules, if your NPCing use a subspace+tachycon, and you'll be able to fit an extra gun which will help. Ok. Might throw in a defense mod instead of attack because it seems I could use that more.

Get the last Vortul Blast Phaser. ;) I've been cursed when it comes to Vortuls... I can't count how many times I've ended up with plating or an auto phaser

Thanks for the comments :)

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Not a bad ship, I'm sitting on just over 5k hull without fixer. Currently just over 500 energy with relays on. I'm a slow to medium ranker pvp.
You can choose to add more def or not, your call. Depends on your goals in the game. I like to be extremely difficult to take down, so I have over 2k def. If you don't care about that or repair costs, get the last two antiprotons.
Research the def now if you feel like you need it, otherwise planetary buildings for sure. I got +8s around lv 110 and had upgraded to all +10s by 140.
For autoranking, I'd say get enough decks for all cannons, hulls, and energy mods, then pour into engineers (keeping damage cap low). Tact officers if you need it to kill npcs in a couple of hits. But talk to BinaryMan or one of the experts for that.
I just feel like your productions are very low, considering you have an exotic and dyson. Better planets, or once again, get those +8s at the least. My artifact production is over 4k now, more prisoners for engineers more bots :)
And nothing wrong with BM50's :P I got them just for defense and they serve me well lol.

Oops, I just read back and saw that most of my advice matches strm's :oops:

#20ish on stat farmers leaderboard
#10ish raids board
#20ish hacks board. Hacking sucks.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:48 pm

since your doing npc add hull/attack and get better def/guns. and i would say u should put all rank points in decks till when u have rank 200. then go engineers all the way!

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]