View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Multiple accounts 

Are multiple account allowed? I know they can be considered " cheating " by some, but others feel differently. What is the Rule, if any?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Galaxy Legion ToS wrote:
3. Code of Conduct.
While using the Game or Materials, you agree not to:

Use more than one account to play the game;

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 pm
Profile WWW

It ain't illegal if you don't get caught... Ok, you will get banned for multis so I wouldn't suggest it unless you are GREAT at hiding them. I know someone who has 3 accounts but has them in different legions and just uses them to have different play styles and doesn't give abuse them by giving all the goodies to one of them. Basically, it is 3 mains in my opinion.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 pm

There are people out there who actively hunt down multis so you know probably not best idea to bring their attention onto yourself

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 pm

My brother had one before he read the TOS. Deleted that FB account as soon as he realized it was bannable.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

It's a bannable offense. Not worth the risk

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 pm
Profile WWW

The rule prevents cheating and also supports Facebook in trying to achieve no fake accounts (which is failing miserably, but I am fake FB account free so I'm not contributing lol)

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

I read somewhere that "they" track it by Ip. address and when you get on like log off then log onto the other. But that got me thinking about it and what if you and your friend both play and the only time they can get on is on your computer that might arouse some suspicion from "them" and you and your friend might get banned even if you were completely innocent

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Shortwave737 wrote:
It ain't illegal if you don't get caught...

What kind of morals do you have? Based on that theft, arson, rape and murder are all legal if no one catches you?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:52 pm

This thread is months old.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:12 am

Leviii wrote:
Shortwave737 wrote:
It ain't illegal if you don't get caught...

What kind of morals do you have? Based on that theft, arson, rape and murder are all legal if no one catches you?

What kind of sense of humor do you have? Obviously none.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:15 am

JohnPaul224 wrote:
I read somewhere that "they" track it by Ip. address and when you get on like log off then log onto the other. But that got me thinking about it and what if you and your friend both play and the only time they can get on is on your computer that might arouse some suspicion from "them" and you and your friend might get banned even if you were completely innocent

It has happened before, some didn't get unbanned...

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:33 am

litespan wrote:
Are multiple account allowed? I know they can be considered " cheating " by some, but others feel differently. What is the Rule, if any?

Only if you have multiple personalities.. in my opinion it should be OK.. cause it wont be cheating and it should void the TOS :D

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 am

JohnPaul224 wrote:

this is exactly what has happened to me, my boyfriend and i play from the same computer or same IP sometimes, his GL account is linked to his legitimate FB account as mine is linked to My legitimate facebook account, all of which is traceable and easy enough to research and prove that there are indeed two seperate people playing and no shenanigans. Yet my account has been locked out seemingly for this but since i have heard nothing i don't know what to think honestly. I'd like my game back i have done NOTHING wrong or questionable.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Common wrote:
JohnPaul224 wrote:

It has happened before, some didn't get unbanned...

i wish i could be un banned, my boyfriends account is his account, but he plays from my house when he stays over sometimes. this shouldn't be an issue yet i am being punished for it

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:10 pm

JohnPaul224 wrote:

i have reason to believe that is exactly what has happened to me and my boyfriend except that his account is the one that is not locked and mine is.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:01 pm

What's unfair is that people in the same house can't really play at the same time. For example, I'll probably be banned if I invited my little brother to play this game. I get banned for having a multi account when I really don't. It's my little brother. And what if he sends me a lot of stuff?

is there no way to determine the innocent who invited their family from the one who actually did create an account?

Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:51 am
Profile WWW

contact dan

the main thing is to be up front and get approval before hand rather than the backend way

dan can then determine by watching legions with probables - or family members closely

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:35 am

I hope Dan starts investigating IPs of "multi accounts." my girlfriend just started playing and i would hate to get banned. I've spent too much on this game to get banned without investigation.

Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:24 am

I would hate to lose my progress also, considering the amount of time I enjoy playing on this game. I sometimes share my friends computer, and he has been playing for over 4 years. Me just 1. He is known by Dan and an old school player, unlike me. We are completely different in our play styles, but I feel that might be a factor. I really hope Dan starts investigating too, before randomly starting to block people...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]