View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dark Badges? 

While I am not new to the game, I am not huge into npc'ing. But I have been working on it a bit more lately, and am curious about the best and quickest ways to rack up some dark badges. I know of some of the ships that give them, but have only found ships that give 1 dark badge at a time.

Are there any out there that give more than 1 badge a piece that I should be looking out for? If so, is there a certain scan level needed to find them?

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:47 am

Crhistian wrote:
While I am not new to the game, I am not huge into npc'ing. But I have been working on it a bit more lately, and am curious about the best and quickest ways to rack up some dark badges. I know of some of the ships that give them, but have only found ships that give 1 dark badge at a time.

Are there any out there that give more than 1 badge a piece that I should be looking out for? If so, is there a certain scan level needed to find them?

Nope, its just the 2 ships that award 1 badge per.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

Argh! Needs to be a better way lol. Thanks man for the response

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 am

No problem, I wasn't gonna say anything but I saw no one else answered lol

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 am

I thought the cannon thingy only had a proc% to drop dark badges?

I don't really pay attention much tbh, the amount required for the item I want is rather large and the cannon thingy is n the rare side, so it hardly impact the result much.

In any case, to get the dark badge stuff, u will have to NPC ur behind off. sins will spawn about 7% of the time, so you will need to kill 4500 NPCs to get your hands on a composite ray, not an easy task is it?

But still, no harm in farming NPC no matter what, if nothing else, the toxic purifiers and other planet enhancement you get will be worth the effort.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:31 am

i'm pretty sure the spawn rate of the assassins has dropped significantly. i used to get then about 20% of the time and hated it, they take lots of energy to kill and only get 1 badge and little exp.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:40 am

The dark badges are more for the higher ranked folks.

The assassins get easier to kill since their damage cap is based on your rank.

If you ever start to auto-rank you will get all your composite rays in about a week.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 am

Ya they are good for other items as well that you will use more at higher ranks. I have over 4600 darks as of now and they grow fast for me. Just keep it growing and killing the NPC's and you will grow faster and faster. :D Also if you really want to kill NPC's for a while and last longer there are a few things you need to work on to do so.

1. Attack
The more attack you have the more NPC's you can kill in a shorter amount of time with less energy.

2. Energy
At lower ranks you all ways seem to run out of energy supper fast and then that puts you on hold no matter what.

3. Hull
I say hull instead of defense because at lower ranks the amount of defense you get from mods is very limited where as the hull is pretty good. If you have a decent hull you can go longer without repairs. So, unless you buy Nano's and TM's, there will be less down time waiting for your timer to repair again.

Hope this helps its just a quick thing but it should help. If you have any questions about NPC fighting or anything game wise please feel free to send me a PM asking. I'm more then happy to help. :D (and I'm fairly high ranking)

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:44 pm
Profile WWW

mojo311 wrote:
Ya they are good for other items as well that you will use more at higher ranks. I have over 4600 darks as of now and they grow fast for me. Just keep it growing and killing the NPC's and you will grow faster and faster. :D Also if you really want to kill NPC's for a while and last longer there are a few things you need to work on to do so.

1. Attack
The more attack you have the more NPC's you can kill in a shorter amount of time with less energy.

2. Energy
At lower ranks you all ways seem to run out of energy supper fast and then that puts you on hold no matter what.

3. Hull
I say hull instead of defense because at lower ranks the amount of defense you get from mods is very limited where as the hull is pretty good. If you have a decent hull you can go longer without repairs. So, unless you buy Nano's and TM's, there will be less down time waiting for your timer to repair again.

Hope this helps its just a quick thing but it should help. If you have any questions about NPC fighting or anything game wise please feel free to send me a PM asking. I'm more then happy to help. :D (and I'm fairly high ranking)

One thing I'd add is keep your decks low i see a lot of players with high decks and bad tech filling them the extra damage cap there incur from the high decks isn't out weighted by adding there defence mods.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]