View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 October update question 

webguydan wrote:
Defending players are no longer linked in an enemy ship's log when their traps are triggered.

Does this mean that the jerk that's been using me as a research farm can no longer find me now that he's triggered the quantum overload trap I set?

That would be great!

Maj

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 am

No it doesnt remove you from their lists when they trigger a trap.

Before if you triggered a trap when attacking someone that someone would go into your log. So what Dan is saying is that will no longer happen because most saw it as "unfair"

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:22 am

So exactly how much cloaking and scanning do I have to have to counter this clown? I'm 130, he's 174. My cloak with a pyramid, is 256, and my scan is 116. Is there a chart somewhere with this info?

Would love to be shut of this @$$hole. I don't like losing several thousand Research points just because he's too damn lazy to find his own able planets.

Maj

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:33 am

Rank doesnt matter. It is how much cloak he has and how much scan you have. I would think a rank 174 hacker would have over 1200 cloak. SO unless your able to get over 1200 scan I would suggest completly ignoring him until you are off of his news(2 days).

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:49 am

Yeah exactly. It's not the level, its what level his research is at. 256 cloak is a joke. I had more than that at level 60. Your 256 cloak is just a mod you threw on your ship after you filled out guns, decks, defense etc. He's not going to have all that equipped, he's going to have very little attack, and probably not much more defense and deck size. He's going to have all his decks put into as many claoking and scanning mods as he can put on his ship. (4 cloaking mods, 5 scanning not including NPC/mission rewards) To counter him you need to unload all your weapons and stack the max number of scanners as you can. Hopefully your research is high enough in the scan tree that your scanners will be good enough. You can also try using artifacts to boost your scan and/or reduce his cloak to slow him down a bit. If your scan research isn't high enough though there's not much you can do but wait it out. Remember any artifacts you use against him are going to put a new alert on his comm for you.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]