View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 what race/class are you--do you like it and why? 

Thought maybe beginners might like a little feedback from people on what class and race people have and how it affects their gameplay. This might help them make informed decisions on choosing themselves. Post what you are - and if you like/dislike it and why. Also post what you would change to and why.

I am a Vygoid Excavator - (vygoid gives +20% bonus to research and Excavator gives +10 to artifact production) I do like this combination. Seems like the game really focuses on research in order to get better and better. Artifacts also helps through better ship upgrades, temporary ship buffs, planet buffs, etc.

If I had to change completely I would go to a Human/Miner - The +bonus to all experience you gain seems better than the Inergon version where it only really helps you when you lvl. And as for the Miner - at later lvls your empire gets expensive!!!

Aggross

Wed May 05, 2010 5:12 am

Sillex Explorer,

(I got to change after playing by contacting Dan wayyyyyyy back)

I see this mix as best because it gives +10% to the 2 things that are hardest to get up (IMO) Decks and Scan

Wed May 05, 2010 5:17 am

Vygoid excavtor... research bonus good... artifact bonus for that RANDOM boost.. good.. i make enough mining

Wed May 05, 2010 5:40 am

miner. get +10% on top of all other bonus. ever little bit helps me finance my tech purchase/upgrades. and Vygoid to get nice tech.

Last edited by hunter on Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:42 am

as of right now i'm making really good research.... and my artifacts is crazy hi in my opinion.. and a little lower wouldn't hurt to make more room for research... but i don't have much to trade off in planets right now... i've been scanning ALOT even with low percent and i'm only a few scans away from the leaderboard... but right now... i'm making plenty of money that i don't know what to do with alot and my mining is actually my worst stat

Wed May 05, 2010 5:48 am

I think at higher levels boosting artifact (excavator) or builder (-50% upkeep) would be good as upkeep just rises. I think builder is more potent than 10% mining at higher levels.

My suggestion:
Low levels leveling-> Human/Inergon + Miner*/explorer
Combat based -> Konqul/aerlen/sillixx + explorer*/builder*/physicist*
Higher levels -> Vygoid/Sillixx + Builder/excavator*

*Note that some combinations is not possible. Just stating my opinion on race and professions.
Check this link out to see if the combination is possible. ->http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36

EDIT: Inergon merchant now. Like the merchant but not inergon now :(

Wed May 05, 2010 5:58 am

I am a Inergon Builder and have been since the start. Upkeep used to be insane so I was good before and now that im higher level being a Builder is currently saving me 1 mil + a day. Im sure at higher levels it will save me more.

Wed May 05, 2010 4:20 pm

meh upkeep for me is nothing, i get around 30mil a day and upkeep is 7.6 so im enjoying my extra scan

Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm a Vygoid Miner. While I do like the research and mining bonuses, I think I might go with Sillix instead simply because I never have anywhere remotely near enough deck slots to do anything that I want to do with my ship.

Thu May 06, 2010 2:38 am

You probably still won't have enough deck slots to do what you want with. I have 415 dec and I don't have enough space to do what I want =P. The game is designed that way because dan wants you to not be able to equip everything at one single time. Its designed so you have to make alterations to your strategy over and over and buy/sell modules all the time.

Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 am

Noah wrote:
You probably still won't have enough deck slots to do what you want with. I have 415 dec and I don't have enough space to do what I want =P. The game is designed that way because dan wants you to not be able to equip everything at one single time. Its designed so you have to make alterations to your strategy over and over and buy/sell modules all the time.

Its just this simple NO ONE WILL EVER HAVE NOUGH DEK SPACE, EVER. Not even if you have 5000 at rank 1, still not enough.

Thu May 06, 2010 3:26 am

In most games, my play style leans towards aggressive and defensive. So I went with Aerlen Fixer (+20% hull, +20% defense)

Knowing what I know now, I'd probably trade hull for +energy.

Thu May 06, 2010 4:07 am

Cothordin wrote:
Noah wrote:

Its just this simple NO ONE WILL EVER HAVE NOUGH DEK SPACE, EVER. Not even if you have 5000 at rank 1, still not enough.

I know that it's impossible to have enough space to have a lot of everything at the same time. My problem is that at level 28 with the tier 4 scanner research completely finished, I can only fit enough scanners on my ship (removing everything else) to get "up" to a 15% chance to find a planet and I have two empty colony slots waiting for decent planets... :(

Sun May 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Yeoman Smith wrote:
I know that it's impossible to have enough space to have a lot of everything at the same time. My problem is that at level 28 with the tier 4 scanner research completely finished, I can only fit enough scanners on my ship (removing everything else) to get "up" to a 15% chance to find a planet and I have two empty colony slots waiting for decent planets... :(

I feel your pain... I would advise holding off, wait til you get your scan up to at least 50-60%. Get a few more levels to expand your ship, try for artifacts that let you boost scanning, whatever it takes. 15% is the point I normally stop scanning. Spending 50+ energy between successful scans, especially when you find crappy planets is a major downer.

Sun May 09, 2010 11:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]