View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 A few noob questions please 

Just started a few days ago, went thru the tutorial and read the forums guide but I must have missed a few things I would like to know. Any and all help is apprecaited.

1. What effect does legion size have, if any, on combat?

2. I understand that after lvl 20 we can attack each others planets, does attacking combat use the same att/def system that ships do? I'm cant imagine that taking a planet would be as easy as attacking a ship but just checking. Also if a planet has for example 50 def but 0 attack will there be any damage at all back to the attacker?

3. Regarding the GP item "planet flux" assuming a person found this great planet, does this artifact permantly prevent the planet it is used on from being scanned, and therfore protecting it from attack indefinitely?

4. The artifact "terraforming device" does it improve all the resources on a planet or just one?

5. The different "Chassis" artifacts, apparently they add a specified value to certain resources, but is adding one the same as saying improving from abundant to very abundant or is it plus one to the hourly output? Do they stack if I have more than one?

6. Is a planets population sole purpose to be the planets "hit points" or does population affect its production?

7. The artifact "radiant weapons locker" I'm assuming this is one high level weapon to use on our ships, is it a consumable or permant? What is the definition of high level, I mean +5 on my current is not hugh right now and not worth +40 points.

Sun May 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Legion affects the defense of the planet and any gaurding ships.. each legion member adds 1% to the stats (up to 100% bonus)

2. I understand that after lvl 20 we can attack each others planets, does attacking combat use the same att/def system that ships do? I'm cant imagine that taking a planet would be as easy as attacking a ship but just checking. Also if a planet has for example 50 def but 0 attack will there be any damage at all back to the attacker?

This all depends on if there is anyone guarding it

3. Regarding the GP item "planet flux" assuming a person found this great planet, does this artifact permantly prevent the planet it is used on from being scanned, and therfore protecting it from attack indefinitely?

no, this only removes it from the list of people that have allready scanned it.. there is still a chance it CAN be scanned randomly again.. but it's rare 141,000+ planets.. and the chances of them scanning that one again is rare

4. The artifact "terraforming device" does it improve all the resources on a planet or just one?

It's supposed to improve ALL the resource abundance but 25% or +1 abundance level... example average 0%... to abundant 25%... i have seen though when i use one on a planet that allready has say ONLY research buildings... only the research abindance went up.. i did not see the others move since they are still at -75% production before and after the terraform

5. The different "Chassis" artifacts, apparently they add a specified value to certain resources, but is adding one the same as saying improving from abundant to very abundant or is it plus one to the hourly output? Do they stack if I have more than one?

chassis do NOT improve a planets abundance of an item... it is just like a CHEAP, production building that takes up very little space

6. Is a planets population sole purpose to be the planets "hit points" or does population affect its production?

Population is ONLY HP at this time

7. The artifact "radiant weapons locker" I'm assuming this is one high level weapon to use on our ships, is it a consumable or permant? What is the definition of high level, I mean +5 on my current is not hugh right now and not worth +40 points.

Radiant weapons locker is a rare weapon... at low levels it is good... i don't know if there are more then 1 type of weapon that can be gained from this locker but i know of the one that give +30 attack, only takes up 10 space... and when attacking a planet it gives DOUBLE to attack bonus for invasion

this should help!!!!

Sun May 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Marineboy1969 wrote:
Just started a few days ago, went thru the tutorial and read the forums guide but I must have missed a few things I would like to know. Any and all help is apprecaited.

None with ship to ship combat. Planets have a boost to their attack, defense, and cloak abilities based on the legion size. Know that attacking a ship that has a large legion is much more likely to have multiple retaliations.

Marineboy1969 wrote:

Ship to Planet combat applies the same att/def calculations as normal battle. However, reducing the planet population is only one part of taking a planet. Once the population is low enough, you will have a 1-shot chance to invade it. Planetary attack and defenses are rolled against your ship attack.

Marineboy1969 wrote:

It only removes it from the scan lists of players who already scanned it, it does not prevent it from being scanned again. Note that it has no effect on players that the planet was shared to (although shares are temporary and wear off).

Marineboy1969 wrote:

All. Research, mining and artifact will be boosted by one.

Marineboy1969 wrote:

No, they act just like other structures on your planet. They do stack if you have more than one (just like structures), but some have a limit to the number that can be built on a single planet.

Marineboy1969 wrote:

Yes, population is hit points. Shhh... don't tell the colonists that...

Marineboy1969 wrote:

The locker provides a weapon that is "better than decent" for the Rank you are. If you have heavily researched into weapons for your Rank, the weapon you get might not seem superior. At higher ranks, the weapon can still be sold for a decent amount of money if you do not need it.

The weapon you get is permanent.

Sun May 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks for the info!

So to follow up...

1. Since 100% bonus is the max is there any point in having over 100 members in your legion?

2. In some other facebook games there were a few "unspoken rules" such as in mechwarrior attacking the same player more than 3 times in 24 hrs is considered rude and cause of other players to gang up and teach you a lesson...is there anything in this game such as hacking or raiding lower level players that I should know about so as not to seem like a A$$.

Sun May 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Marineboy1969 wrote:
Thanks for the info!

So to follow up...

1. Since 100% bonus is the max is there any point in having over 100 members in your legion?

2. In some other facebook games there were a few "unspoken rules" such as in mechwarrior attacking the same player more than 3 times in 24 hrs is considered rude and cause of other players to gang up and teach you a lesson...is there anything in this game such as hacking or raiding lower level players that I should know about so as not to seem like a A$$.

No real unspoken rules yet, but your #2 above is kinda the reason for #1.

Large alliances don't help you directly in ship combat, but it can sure help to have friends as many have found out the hard way. The general feel though is - attack all you want and nobody will retaliate. DISABLE a ship and you might be attacked back, usually 1 for 1. HACK somebody though, or invade a planet, and you may find yourself in a world of pain if they're more powerful than you OR have friends.

Sun May 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Marineboy1969 wrote:
Thanks for the info!

So to follow up...

all depends on the person right now, i.e. if I know it was you, ill make you regret it :D

Sun May 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Marineboy1969 wrote:
Thanks for the info!

So to follow up...

i try not to kill more that once or twice per offense, but there aren't any set ethical guidelines for this combat element yet. some players like me will just disable once and move on, but there are some vengeful others out there who will keep at it for a while and may have to be dealt with (try for truce). don't piss off anyone powerful just yet. and if you need to attack, do it on a player with less than 10 legion. i found out the hard way that attacking indiscriminately is a quick way to draw fire from high levels in huge legions :?

Sun May 09, 2010 11:18 pm

I kill everyone unless your in my legion. I do it repeatedly. Don't care. Its kinda fun too but overall its just for experience. I come from playing free pk mmorpgs so I do w/e. I do tend to pick on lower level players but thats because I don't like starting wars with higher level players.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:43 am

Noah wrote:
I kill everyone unless your in my legion. I do it repeatedly. Don't care. Its kinda fun too but overall its just for experience. I come from playing free pk mmorpgs so I do w/e. I do tend to pick on lower level players but thats because I don't like starting wars with higher level players.

the only flaw is that i started one this way indirectly with one of the highest level players in the game who felt compelled to avenge all his fallen legion members. you have that player on your friends list so you dont need to worry to much. for everyone else, live in fear if you attack "too many" :P .

Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 am

Guess I got lucky then xD.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]