View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 plus % planet defences and invasion def question 

lets say i throw a barrier nexus or galactic concord station on a planet that has some invasion def structures, do they also get the bonus to invasion def? it doesnt show up on the regular def listing so im just curious.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:45 pm

icarium81 wrote:
lets say i throw a barrier nexus or galactic concord station on a planet that has some invasion def structures, do they also get the bonus to invasion def? it doesnt show up on the regular def listing so im just curious.

I'm sure it's in multiple threads across the forums, but I'd sure like to hear a yes or a no on this topic too.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:03 am

Bump! Still looking for a firm answer this one :mrgreen:

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:30 am

Yes.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:10 am
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
Yes.

Why do you say that? I'm pretty sure % Defense only applies to Defense, not Invasion Defense.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38661&p=394696&hilit=invasion#p394696

From the wording of the wiki, it seems it does indeed not affected by def % bonuses, except legion bonus. My apology.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:38 am
Profile WWW

% defense items only increase the planet defense. Invasion defense is the sum of planet defense + attack + any invasion defense items. So overall using a defense structure is more effective than an invasion defense structure.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:24 am

Imobjoas wrote:
% defense items only increase the planet defense. Invasion defense is the sum of planet defense + attack + any invasion defense items. So overall using a defense structure is more effective than an invasion defense structure.

You don't see the problem there?

He was asking about the latter invasion defense specifically, not the former.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Arbiter wrote:
Imobjoas wrote:

but you can see from that equation that ID only structure is not in the same "group" as defense. So the effect on one(and only one) would certainly not apply to the other. In other words, from the invasion defense structure perspective, +def% is no different than +atk% boost, and you can probably guess the latter would not apply to it.
Legion bonus is the only bonus that applies to all category.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Planet defense is used to calculate planet invasion defense. Such that 2400 defense on planet after legion bonus is equivalent to 7200 invasion defense. Should there be a invasion defense structure on the planet like a Lazuli Pylon it would then add 600 to that 7200 number resulting in total invasion defense of 7800. I hope this has enlightened you.

TL:DR The most powerful invasion defense only structure in game is still less effective than a single obviation barrier on the planet of a legionless player with an ion storm charge effect applied (that's 3020 invasion defense BTW)

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Serne wrote:
Planet defense is used to calculate planet invasion defense. Such that 2400 defense on planet after legion bonus is equivalent to 7200 invasion defense. Should there be a invasion defense structure on the planet like a Lazuli Pylon it would then add 600 to that 7200 number resulting in total invasion defense of 7800. I hope this has enlightened you.

TL:DR The most powerful invasion defense only structure in game is still less effective than a single obviation barrier on the planet of a legionless player with an ion storm charge effect applied (that's 3020 invasion defense BTW)

That is not the case, 1200 Invasion Defense is the same as 1200 Defense.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Uy23e wrote:
Arbiter wrote:
Imobjoas wrote:

but you can see from that equation that ID only structure is not in the same "group" as defense. So the effect on one(and only one) would certainly not apply to the other. In other words, from the invasion defense structure perspective, +def% is no different than +atk% boost, and you can probably guess the latter would not apply to it.
Legion bonus is the only bonus that applies to all category.

Yes, that's what he was trying to say.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Arbiter wrote:
Serne wrote:

Please try again arbiter. Do explain how that 2400 defense after legion bonus makes a person with 4800 attack in a straight invade have a 67%(rounding) chance without my statement being true.

If you can't without making planet defense(actual) a weighted factor in the invasion defense equation then you should concede your point, and let mine stand.

Or do I need to set up an experiment showing this once and for all with screen shots to prove myself before people concede the point that I am correct here?

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:15 am

Serne wrote:
Arbiter wrote:
Serne wrote:

Please try again arbiter. Do explain how that 2400 defense after legion bonus makes a person with 4800 attack in a straight invade have a 67%(rounding) chance without my statement being true.

If you can't without making planet defense(actual) a weighted factor in the invasion defense equation then you should concede your point, and let mine stand.

Or do I need to set up an experiment showing this once and for all with screen shots to prove myself before people concede the point that I am correct here?

But 2400 vs 4800 should be exactly 67%. it's 4800/(2400*3)=4800/7200=67%
So where is the problem?
The question should be how was the 2400 arrived at, what did he have and what was his Legion bonus?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:14 am

Uy23e wrote:
Serne wrote:

Arbiter here -

end Arbiter -

But 2400 vs 4800 should be exactly 67%. it's 4800/(2400*3)=4800/7200=67%
So where is the problem?
The question should be how was the 2400 arrived at, what did he have and what was his Legion bonus?

It is the same single obviation barrier in a legion with 100% bonus from my previous example. Notice the 2400 real defense becomes 7200 in that equation? At that point it is Invasion Defense to which an invasion defense structure gets ADDED.

In 3 days I will have a screenshot showing what I have been saying for at this point over a year. So people can pull their heads out of their behinds.

But here's the math on the thing... (planet defense + planet attack)*3 + Invasion Defense only structures = #

The Prisoner wrote:

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:32 am

Serne wrote:
(planet defense + planet attack)*3 + Invasion Defense only structures = #

False,

(planet defense + planet attack + Invasion Defense only structures) * 3 = #

I don't know why you think your 2400 defense vs 4800 attack wouldn't work out in this situation.

Note that the issue may be due to the fact that people refer to what you have symbolized with "#" as Invasion Defense, without regard for the fact that there is already something called Invasion Defense. I would call the "#" Invasion Protection, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who believes in clear communication, so I don't expect other people will start doing that. This topic will probably remain a confusing muddle of misinformation due to poor communication skills.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Arbiter wrote:
Serne wrote:
(planet defense + planet attack)*3 + Invasion Defense only structures = #

False,

(planet defense + planet attack + Invasion Defense only structures) * 3 = #

I don't know why you think your 2400 defense vs 4800 attack wouldn't work out in this situation.

Note that the issue may be due to the fact that people refer to what you have symbolized with "#" as Invasion Defense, without regard for the fact that there is already something called Invasion Defense. I would call the "#" Invasion Protection, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who believes in clear communication, so I don't expect other people will start doing that. This topic will probably remain a confusing muddle of misinformation due to poor communication skills.

this is true.
to be more accurate it is
(((planet def*planetdef multipliers) + (planetary attack * planetatk multipliers) + invasion def) *(1+legionbonus/100))*3 = Total Planetary Invasion Resistance

it basically uses the same logic as invasion attack, which is also not modified by things like crimson obelisk and ancient crystal foci, where after the base multipliers flat invasion attack is added before invasion attack multipliers are applied. (such as Decimators, Exotic Bio-Disruptor, and i do believe the konqul bonus)

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:02 am

Either way, even if invasion defence does get the 3x multiplier it still sucks cause it doesn't get any of the defence % bonus that defence structures get.

And I think what Serne said about even the best invasion defence structure in the game is not as good as one obv. barrier is true still as well.

Just saying.... :P

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 am

not4use wrote:
Either way, even if invasion defence does get the 3x multiplier it still sucks cause it doesn't get any of the defence % bonus that defence structures get.

And I think what Serne said about even the best invasion defence structure in the game is not as good as one obv. barrier is true still as well.

Thank you. Now I just need to crack the whip on my friend with getting the planet (that I finally delivered after he won an auction months ago on IOU) set up right. The way he has it bricked up right now is going to make the difference completely negligible as far as overall chance goes in relation to % difference thanks to Dan's rounding.

On that note... does anyone have a quick link to a program I can use to make a video of what's on my screen? That I could upload to like... FB ... Youtube... some random site that almost nobody actually uses... or whatever for a link here?

The Prisoner wrote:

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:34 am

Serne wrote:
not4use wrote:

Thank you. Now I just need to crack the whip on my friend with getting the planet (that I finally delivered after he won an auction months ago on IOU) set up right. The way he has it bricked up right now is going to make the difference completely negligible as far as overall chance goes in relation to % difference thanks to Dan's rounding.

On that note... does anyone have a quick link to a program I can use to make a video of what's on my screen? That I could upload to like... FB ... Youtube... some random site that almost nobody actually uses... or whatever for a link here?

You can just take a screenshot, we already know the formula anyway.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next