View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 REALLY liking the game, a few ???? tho 

Hello everyone, I recently discovered this game, and am really enjoying it. A much more indepth game that requires actual thought, and a very nice PVP aspect. I think I'm rank 16 now, and have been able to turn 3-4 friends on to it.

Is the game under development?? I'm hoping it will actively added to and will become even more indepth.

A few questions (and I'll likely add more in time to this thread).... and hopefully someone will know.

I notice that when people attack me I am notified. I had a guy disable me and take a nanodrone artifact, and I hit him right back for the kill, and raided the same artifact back... nice. Is there a way to tag or save his ship? I notice it drops of the log, and is gone? I've read posts about people getting stronger and then attacking back. Can it be done? I love how a legion can work together.... notifying about an enemy for all to attack. (again cool)

Is there a way to add a link for Galaxy Legion on my wall, as I can for Castle Age? I can only send 4 invites per day??

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:25 pm

The maker of the game is adding new small things daily (with bigger things being added when its time ect...). Yes it is always being worked on and it is under development.

As of right now there is no way to tag a ship, well unless the leaderboard counts. But they got there for a reason.

Yes there should be a book mark link. I forgot where it is but I already did it.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Mythryndir Stormkyn wrote:
Is there a way to tag or save his ship? I notice it drops of the log, and is gone? I've read posts about people getting stronger and then attacking back. Can it be done? I love how a legion can work together.... notifying about an enemy for all to attack. (again cool)

Yes, You can alert your legion to an enemy ship, in which it will remain in their logs for another 2 days. You will find the alert option in the 'actions' tab when targeting an enemy ship. They are free to alert the ship back to you, as well.

Is there a way to add a link for Galaxy Legion on my wall, as I can for Castle Age? I can only send 4 invites per day??

There are 2 bookmark locations. One is on the far right of the menu bar. You will see a glowing blue bookmark. The news page will also have a bookmark option when you first log in.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Dan... i think he ment... is there a way to post for this game on your wall... and 4 people a day to invite.. honestly sucks lol....

But you can post a link on your wall for GL by SHARING an artifact... or u can when you level

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Invites per day is completely controlled by Facebook. The more that people ignore the invites that are sent, the fewer that are allowed for everyone.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Mythryndir Stormkyn..

Welcome to Galaxy Legion! :) My REAL advice to help you to start out well.. Be careful not to create too many enemies. Make real, long-term friends and they'll help you out in the long run as you also help them.. You have right to fight back and that usually doesn't create long-term enemies.. If you just attack anyone just cuz.. That will put you in for a long-term surprise.. We had faced several players who were total arsehats thinking that they could own the galaxy and do whatever they wanted regardless of others. We also met several serious multi-accounts players. I had made them on long-term enemy list for my legion: Disciples of the Orion (DOO)..

Just thought to give you some good tips so you can enjoy Galaxy Legion better. My role since day one is a true defender of my DOO. I only respond to my legion's alerts to have aggressors to stop fighting (They usually stop after seeing me involved). I always fight back regardless of their ranks (when I was rank 72, I fought two rank 131 and 120 players at once by having DOO involved. They attacked first "just cuz" for fun so they faced the retaliation bad).. I never strike first.. That really gave me lot of kills without pissing off many enemies other than those total arsehats and multi-accounts players..

Being a teamplayer will aid you greatly in Galaxy Legion. Way too many players here are individuals and even relying on multi-accounts to treat it as cheating "team" to achieve what they want.. Being individual players work fine if you are just being careful and be very diplomatic talking yourself out of any combats..

Last edited by Nocifer Deathblade on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Thank you all so much for the replies :D

Redlaw.. Hi, and thanks, good to hear.... this game and SO very much potential.

Dan.... Hello there. Yes I saw it could be tagged through alert, but the alerts expire so quickly if you are leveling. I had hoped for a permanent way to tag or bookmark... like if you did have a couple choice people you were at war with lol. Also yes, I meant something on my wall where people who visit could click to play Galaxy Legion now kinda thing.

Cloesdaddy.... Good point, thanks.

I didn't know FB controlled invites, I have played other games that allow 40 invites/per. I really just want to expose more people to the game, and I have like 700 friends.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:05 am

Nocifer... Greetings :P

Please don't get me wrong, I am not looking to bookmark-attack-harrass people. I actually was not doing too much PVP until I got hammered for no reason. Since then I have built defense and attack, and would love to be able to tag someone who harrasses me, and kill them mulitple times (not just once lol). Also if friends join and they are getting harrassed by higher (my lvl) people I'd like to tag them. I honestly would like to act as a defender to people who I turn on to the game (as I said I have 600+ friends, all gamers) and with 4 invites/day it's gonna take awhile.

For all that though I must say I also like to strike first at times... tho I will look for people with many battles, and even better if they have kills, but no deaths ;). I am somewhat confused as to the value of the Legion in real world game play. Thank you for the great welcome!!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:18 am

For all that though I must say I also like to strike first at times... tho I will look for people with many battles, and even better if they have kills, but no deaths ;). I am somewhat confused as to the value of the Legion in real world game play. Thank you for the great welcome!!

Well if you want you can just post something yon your wall about GL to get your friends involved. As for tagging ppl, just have your friends share scan of the ppl attacking them.

As for the value of a Legion, its all what you and your legionaires make of it. You can help each other out in many ways but they all depend on weather or not you and your friends decide to/point out you need help. Though each Legionaire in your legion increses you legion bonus to planetary stats by 1%/legionaire capping at 100%.

And if youd liek to take it heres some PVP advice, never stop ranking otherwise youll fall behind your prey and they will ahve the upper hand.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:30 am

Cothordin wrote:

And if youd liek to take it heres some PVP advice, never stop ranking otherwise youll fall behind your prey and they will ahve the upper hand.

Heh. True that!

But there is an exception for those players with cash to burn.. When I was hacking a player (He was farming my legion so I got involved), he got mad and used money to rank himself up about 40 levels overnight but his tech stays the same.. My team and I were able to hack him for MORE RP "choking" his RP income unless he has to scourge for more research planets to off-set his increased RP loss per hack.. We also enjoyed increased experience in combat against him along with disable exp bonus cuz his tech basically stayed the same other than increased decksize that wasn't a real problem to us.. He eventually asked for peace at the end so we gave that to him and we went on our separate ways.

Rule of thumb, rank up AND keep tech level in-line.. Imagine that someone joins GL as level 1 and hits rank 300 next day but his tech levels stays at level 1-5... Imagine how juicy he would be to sub rank 50 hackers and combatants? Messy!! :)

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:33 pm

webguydan wrote:
Invites per day is completely controlled by Facebook. The more that people ignore the invites that are sent, the fewer that are allowed for everyone.

This is why other games have a gifting system that uses requests. Encouraging users to send and accept them = more invites to the game per day.

Since you already have a gift system for artifacts that uses newsfeed. I suggest developing on a traditional gifting system, with random little bonus, such as: exotic matter pack / energy cell pack / artifact points pack etc. All these packs would be little amounts of stuff that helps a bit in the game.

But something tells me you didn't chose that system because there are changes to come on the requests system by Facebook.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:31 pm

there is no real limit to requests for friends. yes if you use facebooks automatic way its restricted, but there is an add me thread here, there one if you join a group too. so you do have to work at it a little if you want a lot of people in your legion...i know some who dont, hehe, but i have over 200 in mine. just think if you really spend 10 or 15 mins how many invites you can send...a lot

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
there is no real limit to requests for friends. yes if you use facebooks automatic way its restricted, but there is an add me thread here, there one if you join a group too. so you do have to work at it a little if you want a lot of people in your legion...i know some who dont, hehe, but i have over 200 in mine. just think if you really spend 10 or 15 mins how many invites you can send...a lot

Yes.. I mean I could do lots of friend requests. Though will they automatically be in my army if they are a friend and we both play? ... or do I need to also send them 1 of my 4 daily invites also??

I would love to see a gift system (maybe parts/pieces to complete temp shields, energy cell, etc.)

I do need to increase my Legion. Those on now have joined from my invites, also maybe 4 had played already (and invited me). We have good communication, and are helping one another when disabled. The problem is only 2 are higher rank than me (the highest rank 28, I am now 17). The guy I mentioned above had hit, disabled, and raided me out of nowhere. As I said I hit, disabled, and raided him back (for my artifact) when I logged back into the game. Lol, about 10 hours later I am hit, and disabled by a guy rank 39..... 10 mins later the first guy raids me for 10 Dynite. Oh, I should mention I beefed my defense after the first incident, so was 50pts stronger. Now... I'm thinking normally a rank 39 would not be attacking a rank 17. Of course my response is to check out the first (weaker, my rank guy)... he has beefed defense a lot.... I buy a few more lasers and hammer him until dead, and raid him for a nice artifact which I promptly scrap for 10,000 (he ain't stealing it back lol).

Now as he started this, I am really shocked he would need to call in help like that (over twice my rank), but ah well.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:22 pm

well sometimes you do attack weaker players...when my scanner is off i cant see player at my level only lower ranked players...its disappointing but there are times you need the exp boost and so you accept. its never personal...just business the business of galaxy legion....if your friends and they play they are in your legion automatically dont worry you will about your level now there is plenty of room in the galaxy even though its getting more populated all the time. if you loose a planet you do, you will find another or take some else's planet. you can play the game as peacefully or aggressive.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm noticing when viewing higher level players' ships that I can't see their weapons or defenses... it just says "unknown". Is this because they are cloaked?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Yes that is from there cloaking, most of the time I can see half of what they have on thanks to the one scanner I have on me. It does show enough that I know not to attack with my current gear on my ship.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:32 pm

:) Thanks for the fast answer Redlaw.

While I'm on it... a couple more questions.. how are the PVP battle stats figured? I mean does attack count some towards your defense (or figured together)... ie if I am away (and defending) would I be better off to have just max defensive modules equipped, or a little less defense and a laser or 2?

How can the legion guard planets? I mean I am only allowed to guard one of my planets... can the legion give a "blanket"? I've had requests from members to help them guard a planet, but I am guarding my best one lol... and it's better than theirs.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:11 pm

<bump> in case anyone knows the answers to my questions above.

I am a litttle confused... I have grown my legion a bit more, and am getting requests to help colonize planets, and guard them. I click on the colonize one, and it has been colonized by a legion member already... and it shows him as hostile?? Why would this be? Is there really any benefit to sharing planets with legion members.... I'm still having a hard time figuring how well the legion can work together.

Also... what exactly do the charge relays do? I just bought 2 charge +3 relays... thinking it would really add to my charge rate, I honestly see no difference except I now have 20 less energy.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:13 pm

I click on the colonize one, and it has been colonized by a legion member already... and it shows him as hostile?

The sharer shared and his legion A took it. This legion A isn't in your legion, thus hostile.
How can the legion guard planets?

First, they need the location of your planet. This is usually done by sharing it with the message Help Guard/defend
While I'm on it... a couple more questions.. how are the PVP battle stats figured?

Only the developer of the game (or those related) will know the answer to this question, and I doubt they will spill the beans as this question has been asked before.

Also, not all legion alerts are directed at you, perhaps it is directed to others, like the colonize message.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:17 pm

To answer yur q bout relays, relays dont do this(add 3 energy every three minutes instead of one), instead they do THIS(reduce time to gain that one energy,AKA +6 charge means -6 seconds wait). To make it clearer dan if you read this, instead of saying +6 CHARGE make it +6 RECHARGE

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Last edited by Robert on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next