View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Can my planets be captured or destroyed by other players? 

Strange that there is no information about such fundamental concepts anywhere - this game really needs a good WiKi with all the game mechanics and rules spelled out.

Looks to be a fairly good game but it leaves new players scrambling around in the dark trying to figure things out. :) This issue is made worse by the fact that even after a bunch of trial and error to try and figure things out - there is no game restart. That's just insane.

And what's up with having to pay to abandon planets? That's crazy too - it is also contradictory to the term "abandon" - which is simply to give up all claim to a item. I accidentally colonized a tiny planet and I'm sure that is really going to hurt latter.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:15 pm

1st yes planets can be captured by other people after level 20. No they can't be destroyed. You used to be stuck with planets permanently unless someone raided em so Dan added an abandon feature for Galaxy Points. Yes it sucks as I am level 93 and have 2 or 3 planets that really suck and I would love to get rid of but I have 21 planets that I do like. Also I think I just added you to facebook O_o. If you look around the forums someone wrote a great guide but I can't remember where its at exactly. People are working on a wiki its just new stuff takes time and we haven't unlocked everything atm.

Also if you didn't play the guide that starts in the beginning, I would highly/strongly suggest doing so. It will help you understand a LOT of the mechanics of the game.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:48 pm

The in-game tutorial is definitely worth going through. It's true though that it doesn't really tell you what's important, as far as planets etc. But then, most (all) facebook games have the same problem. (But many of them offer a reset option.) Dan (the developer) has been willing in the past to reset some players. I don't want to speak for him or even really offer that as an option, but you might be able to.

Other than that, this game is fairly forgiving in the 1st 10-20 levels, in that you don't really NEED to start over. You won't be so far advanced that you can't change your priorities and move on from there. Although I agree that the price to high abandon those small worthless planets we took early on. In fact I have an idea for another option that I'll put in the suggestions thread...

And finally - This forum is an excellent place for info. There are some good tips for new players, and any question you ask here WILL be answered, probably by Dan if 6 other veteran players don't pipe up first.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:28 pm

AzureHawk wrote:
Strange that there is no information about such fundamental concepts anywhere - this game really needs a good WiKi with all the game mechanics and rules spelled out.

Im working on it sheeeeeeeeeesh.

As for getting rid of those planets, by the time that having that tiny will really be hurtful youll have gotten galaxy points from daily rewards atleast once. For now all I can say is deal with it, but Healdess is right Dan might help you out and that this is a great place to learn on how to be awsome.

Fri May 07, 2010 11:45 pm

I call #&$#. Level 92 and I have never gotten GP from the daily reward.

Fri May 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Noah wrote:

Well iv gotten it 4 times already, are you sure you do it every day?

Fri May 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Cothordin wrote:
Noah wrote:

I've gotten a bit of research a few times, but other than that I've only gotten credits. And yes, I check every day....

(Noah - you can't complain too much though, since you regularly hit the planet lottery! 10-20 terran? Sheesh!)

Sat May 08, 2010 12:05 am

Half of them are small or average tho and Im not gonna waste that >.>

Sat May 08, 2010 12:07 am

Guess what, players used to be able to get 10GP from daily Rewards. I think i have got it twice, once before the update (10GP) and once after that (5 GP). haha!

Sat May 08, 2010 1:01 am

I think I got the GP daily reward 3 times ... I'm fine with it ... It should be rare anyway and thus spent wisely.

Sat May 08, 2010 1:12 am

Zhorgul wrote:
I think I got the GP daily reward 3 times ... I'm fine with it ... It should be rare anyway and thus spent wisely.

/concur

Sat May 08, 2010 1:32 am

Headless wrote:
Cothordin wrote:
Noah wrote:

I've gotten a bit of research a few times, but other than that I've only gotten credits. And yes, I check every day....

(Noah - you can't complain too much though, since you regularly hit the planet lottery! 10-20 terran? Sheesh!)

The first three daily rewards I got were 2 rank pts. It was all creds after that.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Sat May 08, 2010 7:24 pm

I just made lvl 8 and just scanned to find a lvl 4 player guarding a nice volcanic planet. He's obviously been sitting on it for a very long time without advancing his ship. Is he allowed to stay at lvl 4 forever? What's the incentive to advance past 20 if you are just going to have to suffer through pvp? He's just mining and accumulating gold with no risk and no active playing?

Sun May 09, 2010 3:56 pm

The rewards from mining at higher levels grow substantially. It is more likely that the player took a break or stopped playing.

I think it would be fair to say that after X days of starting, that protection would no longer be valid.

Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 pm

The difference in money you get at level 4 from mining vs higher levels is huge. He probably gets 100k if that mining where at 90+ you can get 2mil+

That inactivity change would be good Dan :o

Sun May 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Noah wrote:
The difference in money you get at level 4 from mining vs higher levels is huge. He probably gets 100k if that mining where at 90+ you can get 2mil+

That inactivity change would be good Dan :o

I get 50mil a day :P
and /concur

Sun May 09, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm thinking something like 7 days, level 20 (or even 10), or you attack a planet. Whichever comes 1st.

Sun May 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Headless wrote:
I'm thinking something like 7 days, level 20 (or even 10), or you attack a planet. Whichever comes 1st.

I like this

Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 pm

I agree. My planets should only be attacked if I attack. I like the game, but with limited time and resources, and best defenses are artifacts which cost un-godly amounts of hard to acquire galaxy points. it would really suck to lose that significant investment of game-play time.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:24 am

Joey wrote:
I agree. My planets should only be attacked if I attack. I like the game, but with limited time and resources, and best defenses are artifacts which cost un-godly amounts of hard to acquire galaxy points. it would really suck to lose that significant investment of game-play time.

BTW, why not give 5 galaxy points when you level up just like rank points? At higher levels you should give more galaxy points, due to the high price of artifacts, but for balance, rank points should probably remain at 5 per level.

And / or trade galaxy points for rank points... 5 galaxy for 1 rank point ?

I think this would be a good trade-off considering you have to wait roughly 3 minutes for 1 energy point and 2 minutes for one shield point. That REALLY kills game play....

Great game though. I understand it is a work-in-progress and these are just some ideas. I don't plan on quitting any time soon. Looking forward to the next changes. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Joey on Tue May 11, 2010 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next