View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Can my planets be captured or destroyed by other players? 

-_- Galaxy Points are meant to be purchased in order to help support the game. Just like other games. 1 Galaxy Point per level doesn't sound horrible tho. 5 is insanely too much.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:43 am

How about 2 galaxy points per level? Not too low to discourage game play, not high enough to unbalance the game, and purchase is still an option.

But, to be fair whether it is 1 point or 2, should be retroactively awarded. i.e. it wouldn't be fair for a new player to reach level 20 with 20 or 40 GP and an older player only get the 5 or so when he started. Either way it levels the playing field.

Artifacts do make the game more fun, but the scarcity of GP doesn't let players "get their feet wet" with artifacts. Two per level would be a good way to get them started, and as a result, increase game support (purchasing of GP)

Special missions can reward GP OR a free spin on the Galaxy wheel too. I haven't seen any of those...

Last edited by Joey on Tue May 11, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:55 am

Joey wrote:
How about 2 galaxy points per level? Not too low to discourage game play, not high enough to unbalance the game, and purchase is still an option.

I've brought this up a couple times... The most successful FB games do offer GP. I'm all for it. 1 per level even would be enough to fix ignorant early decisions (bad planets or change race) and would also be enough save up for that special something (Wheel spin, Terraformer, M.O.T.H.E.R. etc.) and would actually encourage people to BUY more. I'm not saying this because I want free points. (I've bought them, more than once, and will again.) I'm saying it because it will ultimately help the game succeed.

Noah are you finally coming around?!? You were against this idea every time I brought it up! :o

Tue May 11, 2010 4:04 am

Well most games do it. I was against it originally because I thought it negated what people bought and its kinda beat up for those of use who are high level =(. If it is implemented it would be f-ed up that we high levels don't get it just because we supported the game from the beginning :cry:

Tue May 11, 2010 4:16 am

Noah wrote:
Well most games do it. I was against it originally because I thought it negated what people bought and its kinda beat up for those of use who are high level =(. If it is implemented it would be f-ed up that we high levels don't get it just because we supported the game from the beginning :cry:

Yeah I'm with you there. But it would help the game thrive so I'm ok with it, I'd just be jealous as all hells.

(but still... ahem... cough-retroactive-cough)

Tue May 11, 2010 4:19 am

-_- 94 Galaxy points is a bit to lose especially cuz I have a few planets I'd love to throw away xD

Tue May 11, 2010 4:21 am

Here's a thought... X number of points = Leveling up N levels. Spend points, game is still balanced...

The game seems to have built-in safe guards. i.e. level 20 can not attack levels 1-10, etc... So this should work with no un-balancing what so ever. :)

One more idea, then I'll shut-up for a while:

In order to fit (max out) everything my ship will hold, I need to be level 120 and put everything into ship size at every level.
How about a micro-tech research option. Every advancement lets you make ALL of what you can already research, but at less ship-size cost.

Let's say... 10,000 research points per 1 size reduction. Still costs credits and material though. i.e. must make the new, smaller items.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Joey on Tue May 11, 2010 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 11, 2010 4:25 am

Joey wrote:
Here's a thought... X number of points = Leveling up N levels. Spend points, game is still balanced...

The game seems to have built-in safe guards. i.e. level 20 can not attack levels 1-10, etc... So this should work with no un-balancing what so ever. :)

I would bet $100 (No joke) that Kuren if given this chance would spend $100 dollars on GP just to go up ranks in this fashion if this was implemented.....im sorry but i will never support this.
Either way id love my 103 GP.....

Tue May 11, 2010 5:17 am

Cothordin wrote:
Joey wrote:

I would bet $100 (No joke) that Kuren if given this chance would spend $100 dollars on GP just to go up ranks in this fashion if this was implemented.....im sorry but i will never support this.

You misunderstood. I'm not talking about buying GP and trading for levels one-for-one. That's insane.
Here's what I mean: Your are level 103, 103 GP doesn't give you as much as you think it does. I've bought GP before to get a "feel" for the potential of the game.
To gain ONE level would have to spend like 500 - 1000 GP (No joke). One level always gives 5 rank points, and possibly, new missions if you are level 19 and spend them to be level 20. At lower levels this makes no sense, but @ level 99 and $100 per level...Some people might go for it. My pocket book isn't that deep.

Also, level and experience can be tracked separately... if you want to get even more detailed. Some missions require level, others experience. Those who never buy levels will ALWAYS have the experience... I've actually had to do this in a different game. Strangely enough, it worked out quite well.

Tue May 11, 2010 5:26 am

Cothordin wrote:
Joey wrote:

We actually CAN spend GP for levels, and it's fairly cheap.

"Fully Recharge All Energy"

$20 will buy you a several levels if you're the impatient type.

Tue May 11, 2010 10:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2