View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Best Strategy to get Red Badges? 

Im rank 47 and want to know a good strategy to getting red badges i have 102 reds atm.
I have 272decks and my current modules are:
Light Singularity Launcher x2
Singularity Core - Mark III x3
Positron Relay x4
F.A.T.H.E.R. x2
Omicron Injector
Merged Nexus Armor x2
Trinity-Core Drive x2
How can i improve my ship to get the most red badges at my level?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:10 am

Attack, Energy and Hull. That lets you kill people faster, longer, and with fewer repairs.

A little later on you'll need to start putting in defense mods as well. If you have the cargo space and can afford it, you could have a defense setup stored for when you go offline. Swap out your weapons for more hull and defense. That way people that hit you may run out of energy before making the kill. And always set an omicron and krionus trap before going offline.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:29 am
Profile WWW

attack attack attack

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:29 am

bobdebouwer wrote:
attack attack attack

Kill Kill Kill

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:56 am

biggest thing you can take control of, is check the players action count that you're attacking.
if its 3/5/5, you should probably pass, they might(probably) have a halc trap on.
if anyone of them is lower, say 2/5/5, you can try for it if you want, they may have repaired themselves and not reset the trap, or a legionmate repaired them whilst their offline, in which case they most certainly didnt reset the trap.
the ONLY guarantee of not hitting a halc, is if they have any numbers ABOVE 3/5/5, so 3/6/5, 4/5/5 3/5/6, all of those are guaranteed no halc.
as for killing them, thats up to you and your ability and energy pool.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:34 am

Have super high attack for your rank and kill the laughables and other noobs who skipped the tutorial and didn't know you could partially research stuff (like previous me)

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 am

icarium81 wrote:
biggest thing you can take control of, is check the players action count that you're attacking.
if its 3/5/5, you should probably pass, they might(probably) have a halc trap on.
if anyone of them is lower, say 2/5/5, you can try for it if you want, they may have repaired themselves and not reset the trap, or a legionmate repaired them whilst their offline, in which case they most certainly didnt reset the trap.
the ONLY guarantee of not hitting a halc, is if they have any numbers ABOVE 3/5/5, so 3/6/5, 4/5/5 3/5/6, all of those are guaranteed no halc.
as for killing them, thats up to you and your ability and energy pool.

Eh, the 3/5/5 at lower ranks isn't very common. I've probably hit less than 15-25 halcs total, and I've disabled my share of 3/5/5s.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 am

Go on a hacking spree, but set a Krionus Virus Trap, and an Omicron Mine Trap, and sit and wait for them to retaliate. As soon as they do, they'll have little attack, and 400 less hull. As long as you have high attack, you should be able to take them out no problem. Three badges off the same person, but 10x easier that it would have been if you'd done it normally.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 am

Decent ship x Buffs + Infinite Null Fuse + Infinite Energy = Infinite Kills.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 am

I love how all of you suggest stats...not a strategy for actually killing. Be awesome and click attack until they die is not helpful...

Start off with almost no scan, target a ship and in a second tab install as much scan as you can (do not use arts to buff your scan), check their medals to see how many decks they have (the bigger the better), when you close that you should see all their gear.

See what they are wearing, most of the low ranks have not had enough AP pulls that the amount of hull/shields differs greatly from what the modules the have on. What you are looking for is low amounts of hull/shield/defense.

What you want is a glass cannon, high attack, low def/HP. You can repair, while they are offline and take them out in very few shots.

Other things to look for are ships that when you target them have no shields, this means they are either attacking something or someone else is attacking them and they have reduced HP. Go in for the quick disable.

Last edited by Wolfy Minion on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 am

Littlefluffy wrote:
I love how all of you suggest stats...not a strategy for actually killing. Be awesome and click attack until they die is not helpful...

Start off with almost no scan, target a ship and in a second tab install as much scan as you can (do not use arts to buff your scan), check their medals to see how many decks they have (the bigger the better), when you close that you should see all their gear.

See what they are wearing, most of the low ranks have not had enough AP pulls that the amount of hull/shields differs greatly from what the modules the have on. What you are looking for is low amounts of hull/shield/defense.

What you want is a glass cannon, high attack, low def/HP. You can repair, while they are offline and take them out in very few shots.

Other things to look for are ships that when you target them have no shields, this means they are either attacking something or someone else is attacking them and they have reduced HP. Go in for the quick disable.

I didn't suggest only stats. Therefore you are wrong.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 am

XxDarthDexterxX wrote:

Didn't see your post when I was first typing it. Though your strategy is relying on them retaliating while you are on. That is a rather specific scenario.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:34 am

Littlefluffy wrote:
XxDarthDexterxX wrote:

Didn't see your post when I was first typing it. Though your strategy is relying on them retaliating while you are on. That is a rather specific scenario.

If you target tough looking players, it works well. They think they can smash you. Either that, or you double hack for a guaranteed retaliation.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 am

XxDarthDexterxX wrote:
Littlefluffy wrote:
XxDarthDexterxX wrote:

If you target tough looking players, it works well. They think they can smash you. Either that, or you double hack for a guaranteed retaliation.

retaliation is only part of it...you have to be on when it happens. That is the hard part.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 am

Whenever you level, your energy bar will be refilled. Be sure to pump yourself up with offensive buffs (scanning artis included) if you realize that you are going to level, and that you won't be able to completely use up your energy bar (by attacking your opponent, as each attack brings you closer to leveling) before you level. Say I am one attack away from leveling up, but I have 10 attacks worth of energy. I try to use the extra 9 attacks worth of energy for buffs. Also uninstall all relays, as they lower your maximum energy, and install as many reactors as you can (must not compromise too much of your core pvp build, such as your hull, attk, and def) before you level to boost the amount of energy you regain from leveling. Everyone else has given helpful tips, especially fluffy.

Hmm...now to discuss red badge usage for your dominions. There is a lot of variation in how people spend their red badges towards dominions. Some tend to stick with two mark I dominions until level 100, especially some SSBs, while some choose to get 4 mark II dominions. I hope a discussion can continue on the best ways to allocate red badges for the dominion cannons. I bought two dom I's, and now have four dom II's. I've been killing non-stop, so by level 80 or so, I had enough for 4 dominion III's.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 am

jimjimtata wrote:
Whenever you level, your energy bar will be refilled. Be sure to pump yourself up with offensive buffs (scanning artis included) if you realize that you are going to level, and that you won't be able to completely use up your energy bar (by attacking your opponent, as each attack brings you closer to leveling) before you level. Say I am one attack away from leveling up, but I have 10 attacks worth of energy. I try to use the extra 9 attacks worth of energy for buffs. Also uninstall all relays, as they lower your maximum energy, and install as many reactors as you can (must not compromise too much of your core pvp build, such as your hull, attk, and def) before you level to boost the amount of energy you regain from leveling. Everyone else has given helpful tips, especially fluffy.

Hmm...now to discuss red badge usage for your dominions. There is a lot of variation in how people spend their red badges towards dominions. Some tend to stick with two mark I dominions until level 100, especially some SSBs, while some choose to get 4 mark II dominions. I hope a discussion can continue on the best ways to allocate red badges for the dominion cannons. I bought two dom I's, and now have four dom II's. I've been killing non-stop, so by level 80 or so, I had enough for 4 dominion III's.

From personal experience, I say you should just save up for the MK III's, then get whatever you want on top of that.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 am

Build a goood ship, buff yourself , stock null fuse, kill everything in sight.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am

There are also plenty of people with no hull or only a few bad hulls. Target them.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:19 pm

strategy I used at low ranks and it worked really well -> for me anyways

I must also state that I am a slow ranker

people at low ranks are interested in 1 thing easy, quick kills
things that will protect you from this:
1. run high cloak ( around 30-50 should be sufficient for most people, deffinately good enough to stay off of ssb / high PvP players radar )
2. run high defense, if they are only hitting for around 10 a shot, most people will look away
3. run decent scan ( around 30-50 should suffice ), this lets you see the people who are interested in balance ship build, and missions or NPC
4. fill in with attack as needed

How to use this to your advantage:
1. high cloak prevents you from getting harassed to much, keeps you off of the radars of people who would probably walk all over you
2. those that can see you will think twice about disabling you due to the amount of energy required.
3. lets you find easier targets to kill off, with less chance of retaliation
4. self explanitory

other suggestions that really help the above:
1. hack hack hack, until you have a set of quadframes -> size 40 for 100 scan / cloak, serves the above REALLY well and saves you space for more mudules
2. get the armories ASAP, thats the most efficient source of hull in the game ( except for Kalvium plating )
3. remmeber that PvP/NPC/mission gear is above anything else at your level for these reasons -> usually better space::output, lower cost

good luck, happy hunting, and GAME ON

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
My personal PvP strategy:
  • NPC for trap probes (helps you save null fuse on other ships). I don't expect you to do this early stage.
  • Save enough null fuse and trap probes for one huge pvp run. If you can.
  • If you see a 3/5/5 action (I only go for laughables with 3/5/5 action), go with your gut as well as 2/5/5 players (they might've repaired and forgot to re-trap). Highly doubt that players would have traps around your rank.
  • Save Time Manipulators to get yellow badges (New max action limit is now 100). ALWAYS Raid after disabling a player, big regret I never did when I was at your rank.
  • Disable, Raid, TM (if fail or on raid timer), rinse and repeat.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next