View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Let's see where I'm screwing up 

Aegis Capacitors won't be a net gain to your shield strength unless you have exactly 4000+ Unbuff shields strength.. Better if you have 5x Obviation barriers or used a megatonne of X Cells before installing Aegis Cap.

Math :

4000 Shields + 100x X Cells = 4500 Shields

4000 Shields + Aegis Capacitor = 4515 shields + Aegis Cap Upkeep and 200 Shield Amps

If your shields are under 4000, better off using them X Cells now.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Common wrote:
Aegis Capacitors won't be a net gain to your shield strength unless you have exactly 4000+ Unbuff shields strength.. Better if you have 5x Obviation barriers or used a megatonne of X Cells before installing Aegis Cap.

Math :

4000 Shields + 100x X Cells = 4500 Shields

4000 Shields + Aegis Capacitor = 4515 shields + Aegis Cap Upkeep and 200 Shield
If your shields are under 400, better off using them X Charge Cells now.

2915 is optimal if installing all 3. When I am at home and not in class I'll finish this, but...
(X+1500)::(x+900)*1.1573
I can't get an equal sign on my phone, but if I recall when I calculated it to 4 decimals (here in class) it came out to 2914.7. My phone also changed some of your post, I will recheck my calculation and edit your post back to original when I return home. Also my whole post could use some editing when I'm on a pc, I will clean it up then

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Not really planning on putting the aegis's on yet, but saving them up simply to get them out of the way once I return to combat at the end of the current race chain I'm doing, going through Mylarai right now for the kalviums as well as for legion benefit, I get enough purifiers & mining planets on my own, but I'd love to help some of the guys that don't get away from builder

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Meh...

... only kidding, nice ship. Just try to keep your artifact and mining growing steadily (especially the at).

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:50 pm
Profile WWW

max energy is a bit low and you are gonna want to raise your defense since you will start to see DCNs and hypergrids soon

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Jimct wrote:
max energy is a bit low and you are gonna want to raise your defense since you will start to see DCNs and hypergrids soon

Thanks for the heads up Jimmy Trans Temporal Travel is next up on the docket

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
Trans-Temporal would be my best opinion on what you should work on next. And then after that, +12s to give you a nice bump on your MP/H, RP/H, and AP/H.
Rebel4561 wrote:
i'm not an expert on this stuff, but i do think your max energy is low for your rank, i'm rank 295 and my max energy is 2300 with relays on.

You may have that much amount of energy but do you have the same amount of attack Billik has? If not then if you have that much energy and little attack, what can you really do on PvP?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 pm
Profile WWW

SirKillsALot wrote:
Trans-Temporal would be my best opinion on what you should work on next. And then after that, +12s to give you a nice bump on your MP/H, RP/H, and AP/H.
Rebel4561 wrote:
i'm not an expert on this stuff, but i do think your max energy is low for your rank, i'm rank 295 and my max energy is 2300 with relays on.

You may have that much amount of energy but do you have the same amount of attack Billik has? If not then if you have that much energy and little attack, what can you really do on PvP?

kill / raid one person, go play another game where you kill tons of people, come back kill / raid one more person, go play nother game where youkill tons of people, come back enjoy the benefits of slow ranking :D

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
elerian wrote:
kill / raid one person, go play another game where you kill tons of people, come back kill / raid one more person, go play nother game where youkill tons of people, come back enjoy the benefits of slow ranking :D

OR... BT Camp. Play another Game, come back in GL to check who's disabled or not, raid if so. Refresh BT for more "Laughable" Targets. Rinse and Repeat.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:09 pm
Profile WWW

doesnt work for me i still need another 200 reds for the upgrades :D

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:22 pm

alright im probably going against the crowd when i say you dont really need to worry about defense.

Billik wrote:
Jimct wrote:

and its for the exact reason you were told to get them.
these guys will be dropping good defense mods. and with your plan to not add decks with rank points (good idea) theres no need to get those yet as they are less deck efficient than the npc mods.

as always recommend getting all your npc drops. korteths hives reynards(might just not be equipped) and ballistae(rare i know) are the ones i dont see.

id say either do scanners or 12's for research.

as a fairly big forum user you have to know by now that arti is king.
your arti should be AT LEAST 2x your mining no matter what rank you are.
if its not you need to be focusing on arti planets. only mining you should take should be toxics as you are working on them.
if you still cant do this you should look into buying planets. given your legion defenses should be less of a problem than usual, but even disregarding that fact there are alot of arti planets that dont cost alot that still produce well undefended. small doesnt always mean its bad. just do a bit of math.

FATHERS: Get them. Nuff said.

what missions are you working on or will you be working on after mylari?

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 pm

KJReed wrote:
alright im probably going against the crowd when i say you dont really need to worry about defense.

Billik wrote:
Jimct wrote:

and its for the exact reason you were told to get them.
these guys will be dropping good defense mods. and with your plan to not add decks with rank points (good idea) theres no need to get those yet as they are less deck efficient than the npc mods.

as always recommend getting all your npc drops. korteths hives reynards(might just not be equipped) and ballistae(rare i know) are the ones i dont see.

id say either do scanners or 12's for research.

as a fairly big forum user you have to know by now that arti is king.
your arti should be AT LEAST 2x your mining no matter what rank you are.
if its not you need to be focusing on arti planets. only mining you should take should be toxics as you are working on them.
if you still cant do this you should look into buying planets. given your legion defenses should be less of a problem than usual, but even disregarding that fact there are alot of arti planets that dont cost alot that still produce well undefended. small doesnt always mean its bad. just do a bit of math.

FATHERS: Get them. Nuff said.

what missions are you working on or will you be working on after mylari?

That's quite a lot of great advice, to reply I do have most of the NPC drops other than the ballistae and 2 of the silthion defences, some nice planets have come up for sale in legion as well as our monthly NPC weekend so the mission will be on hold for the time being.

The reason behind my lack of AP is simply bad luck. My scans come up with crap for unscanned arti planets, no better than small ER, mixed with bad luck on invades, all I have scanned belong to players at 1k+ making it necessary to go FFA if I fail or let it be a wasted scan.

I had to cut off my GP spending after a wild(drunk) night with CoT's base, and now that I had to give up my job and may not be able to get a new one, no more for a while, but FATHERS are more than likely the first thing i will be getting when I do (barring something even better being added)

After Mylarai, I'm looking into either the Silthion chain, or the Trellith chain, but I'll do any other if the benefit is greater

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:27 pm

research +12s, then the final relays then scanners.

Do the terlilth chain, then taltherian chain. Use the ability to even out planets you plan to make into 22x with terraformer/crystals/tranformation arts. Then use it to make 15x C plasmas.

If you do plan to do a MSB stop adding decks with rank points. Choose a layout you want to end with and start working toward it, replacing weapons/defenses after a certain number of TOs/helmsmen.

If you are doing a LSB when you get to 10k AP regardless of number of decks. The sooner the better tbh.

I would give more advice but without knowing if you plan to do a MSB/LSB I can't direct you more than that.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:55 pm

I just got extremely pissed off at another failed invasion, so I'm konqul again, unbuffed attack is over 5k now, defense is 3500, right now I'm looking at ways to get that back up

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next