View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Mojo's guide for picking your GL path 

I really like this page it has given me a lot to think about :D

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:10 pm

The things that I am are numbers 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and 11. It's not that hard to have more than one path, since i'm a little bit of each of these numbers.

SSB's are able to incorporate other paths as well into their own because they can npc pretty well when they have high amounts of Energy and Tactical Officers and do it with less repairs. I recently got a lock on a T.O drop ship carrier for my T.O Heliofields easily.

An SSB is able to hack if they have the right high ratio to deck mods for scans and cloakings like the merged datanode,and continuum parsers. They can even get cloaking and scans from the allies they gain.

SSB's pvp and kill those who are extremely weak and are able to take down big fat ships with decks called glass cannons without the need of high attacks.

Also, they are able to slow rank from doing easy missions early on that give less exp on completion and just hack and raid better at lower ranks.

With low upkeep on ships, they are able to gather credits faster, which enable them to trade with others more if they have high mineral production.

SSB's drift a lot in the legions they have been in. I personally have jumped through at least 7 legions in my almost 3 years of playing GL.

Lastly, they can scan because they only need the required amount of decks to have high amounts of scan power and that is the total amount of decks taken from every module in GL that gives scans.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:54 am

Ludis wrote:
The things that I am are numbers 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and 11. It's not that hard to have more than one path, since i'm a little bit of each of these numbers.

SSB's are able to incorporate other paths as well into their own because they can npc pretty well when they have high amounts of Energy and Tactical Officers and do it with less repairs. I recently got a lock on a T.O drop ship carrier for my T.O Heliofields easily.

An SSB is able to hack if they have the right high ratio to deck mods for scans and cloakings like the merged datanode,and continuum parsers. They can even get cloaking and scans from the allies they gain.

SSB's pvp and kill those who are extremely weak and are able to take down big fat ships with decks called glass cannons without the need of high attacks.

Also, they are able to slow rank from doing easy missions early on that give less exp on completion and just hack and raid better at lower ranks.

With low upkeep on ships, they are able to gather credits faster, which enable them to trade with others more if they have high mineral production.

SSB's drift a lot in the legions they have been in. I personally have jumped through at least 7 legions in my almost 3 years of playing GL.

Lastly, they can scan because they only need the required amount of decks to have high amounts of scan power and that is the total amount of decks taken from every module in GL that gives scans.

Many of the paths here allow players to go off into other paths as well. The point of this guide is to help starting players to better choose a path or two that they want to be and build their ships to help better them in that path. Not saying they can't change later on or that they shouldn't do anything out side of their path but just to help them better focus their ship for the long run. SSB while being a great build for most players is very slow at the start and can be boring for some players. I have met several that have tried to do it and got bored so switched and are now having a lot of fun. It all depends on the player and what they want from the game.

On a side note thanks Blackhand for bumbing this. Glad to see people are still reading. :D If anyone ever has any questions about one of my paths or anything else within the game please feel free to send me a PM or post in my help corner found here:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38309

Just adding an edit in here as well. Updated the first post some making it easier to find the start of each path and adding on to the SSB some more thanks to a PM I got about it. So thanks to all who has read this and who helped me with it. :D Please keep passing it on to other newbs so they may learn from it as well.

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:34 am
Profile WWW

thanks for the guide, it really helped me clear up what i want to do in the game

Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:09 am

Copied and pasted the thread into the legion, as we are taking on some new lower level recruits. Thanks for the info, Mojo.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:04 pm

Glad to see this is still helping people. :D kind of thought people forgot about it. lol Thanks for posting here and putting it back on the first page. :)

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:51 pm
Profile WWW

Send new folks to this thread all the time mojo

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3