View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 This game reminds me of Master Orion 

The tech and the abilities remind me of Master of Orion. Lots of similiar tech and weapons. I love that familiar look.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:06 pm

yea loved that game way back when. then they ruined it with moo3

Mon May 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Yes! Especially MOO2.. MOO2 is one of my all-time favorite sci-fi strategy game that I played so many times in early '90s! When I tried this out, I immediately remembered MOO2.. Except graphics. ;)

It would be so cool if this Galaxy Legion got upgraded to incorporate graphical battles like MOO2. :)

This game needs to add wonders like MOO2 does.. Starbase for a homeworld would be good first step along with new additional tech tree: Starbase enhantments. :)

Mon May 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Different games. Don't try to make this game reminiscent of what you liked -_-. I like the game the way it is.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:38 pm

well i know whats needed in all of these games.......

MORE COWBELL

Mon May 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Noah wrote:
Different games. Don't try to make this game reminiscent of what you liked -_-. I like the game the way it is.

Well, Dan did mention somewhere being a fan of games like that and he wanted to see more of that kind of thing in these FB games, which is why he created GL. Or something like that.

I'm all for tweaks, as long as they fit the overall framework of this game. Graphical battles WOULD be cool, maybe for Galaxy Legion 2....

Tue May 11, 2010 12:16 am

FB games are largely reflecting '80s and '90s games that had very limited graphical power. So Galaxy Legion follows very very popular limited graphical game: MOO2 that I never see any quality of the old fashioned games in today's gaming that ALWAYS used lot of graphical power.. I love today's games but I miss OLD games alot and wanted to see more of them being developed but developers don't do them anymore.. BUT as FB came.. Developers had reason to develop old-fashioned type of games..

That's where Galaxy Legion came in and I sure enjoy this game as old-fashioned route and WANT to see this game to evolve FAR FAR more than MOO2 and more sophisticated and also develop its own unique storyline that doesn't exist anywhere.. I am kinda tired of seeing too many dumbed-down, Mafia War-clone FB games churning out at lightning speed to appeal young audience.. What they are missing big time is that Gen-X are well versed in old games and FB games are very similar.. What devs should do is to appeal Gen-X audience by developing advanced old-fashioned type of games to expand '80s and '90s games.. Then our younger generations can enjoy and learn from them in complexity level. Do we really want to teach younger generation with dumbed down games that came out lately? They aren't dumber than Gen-X generation, silly.. :)

Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
FB games are largely reflecting '80s and '90s games that had very limited graphical power. So Galaxy Legion follows very very popular limited graphical game: MOO2 that I never see any quality of the old fashioned games in today's gaming that ALWAYS used lot of graphical power.. I love today's games but I miss OLD games alot and wanted to see more of them being developed but developers don't do them anymore.. BUT as FB came.. Developers had reason to develop old-fashioned type of games..

That's where Galaxy Legion came in and I sure enjoy this game as old-fashioned route and WANT to see this game to evolve FAR FAR more than MOO2 and more sophisticated and also develop its own unique storyline that doesn't exist anywhere.. I am kinda tired of seeing too many dumbed-down, Mafia War-clone FB games churning out at lightning speed to appeal young audience.. What they are missing big time is that Gen-X are well versed in old games and FB games are very similar.. What devs should do is to appeal Gen-X audience by developing advanced old-fashioned type of games to expand '80s and '90s games.. Then our younger generations can enjoy and learn from them in complexity level. Do we really want to teach younger generation with dumbed down games that came out lately? They aren't dumber than Gen-X generation, silly.. :)

Being one of the people you talk about I can tell you exactly what we want, Earthbound2, the old final fantasys and fire emblems in english with better graphics, pokemon to not suck anymore, Duck hunt back, the tales games being rereleased.......Also any kid that only plays FB games is in no way a gamer. Though, they are playing MW2.....stupid campers....they need to play some WoW.......

Wed May 12, 2010 2:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]