View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Getting multi-raided 

squodge wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
Yeah Squodge, everyone is totally right about expecting to be zeroed for planet thefts, but as iDaze mentioned, your conclusion is wrong.

Take any good planets you can, flux them (if they're worth it) and then suck it up and wait out the onslaught.
Clear your arti, flux probe your good planets after critical hacks and laugh when it's all over, while you sit in a nice new planet for only a little lost production :)

I see your point, and I guess it's my own fault for taking the planet in the first place when it was always going to be difficult holding onto it - although weirdly he's not bothered to take it back, not sure why as it's 11x mega rich mining.

But I understand now that the loss of production is minor in the grand scheme of things :)
Was it really worth his while to use 60+ time manipulators to take production when he probably gets the same amount in just an hour?
And also, since he can easily take back the planet, it seems like overkill to take production (which is tiny amount to him) - perhaps I'm just too soft, and need to become more kamikaze?

Toxic Purifier (Uses Left: 171)
When you NPC hunt a fair amount, mining planets like 15-16x toxics are very easy to come by and usually cheaper to make a new one than invade one that was stolen.

Why you guys gotta be so silly?

webguydan wrote:
They already have names. Sehrin, Anubix, etc.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:26 am

Dafuq............really?

Steal my planet, even a POS, I will likely grape you until I see juice...badges? Got em' all....medals? Got em' all...padding stats after that? WGAF? Stealing from me....dunzo...cower up and take it, or cause big problems for yourself. Not rocket science, not an OCD psych project...it's called stealing. Still from a man bigger than you, expect the expected :roll:

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:57 am

Ko-Chan wrote:
Dafuq............really?

Steal my planet, even a POS, I will likely grape you until I see juice...badges? Got em' all....medals? Got em' all...padding stats after that? WGAF? Stealing from me....dunzo...cower up and take it, or cause big problems for yourself. Not rocket science, not an OCD psych project...it's called stealing. Still from a man bigger than you, expect the expected :roll:

Don't worry, I'm definitely not taking any planets from you (or any players like you) in the future.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:06 am

squodge wrote:
Ko-Chan wrote:
Dafuq............really?

Don't worry, I'm definitely not taking any planets from you (or any players like you) in the future.

Like a one-way soft NAP?? WOOOO!!!!! hehehe :)

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

Ko-Chan wrote:
squodge wrote:
Ko-Chan wrote:
Dafuq............really?

Like a one-way soft NAP?? WOOOO!!!!! hehehe :)

Well, I enjoy playing the game, but I don't want to get sucked into war over planet stealing... unless you have a tasty colossal, ecumenopolis that I could borrow for a day? ;)

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 am

Speaking of....a silly CRA ship just tried on a 6x M gaia of mine....like 1 minute ago....he is currently learning his lession ;)

People like myself, that kinda did everything in this game already....tend to have time to make "lists"

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:18 am

Ko-Chan wrote:
Speaking of....a silly CRA ship just tried on a 6x M gaia of mine....like 1 minute ago....he is currently learning his lession ;)

People like myself, that kinda did everything in this game already....tend to have time to make "lists"

I hope you're true to what you say... and 'rewarding' him in a special way?
I certainly won't be touching your planets or Uranus ;)

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 am

squodge wrote:
Ko-Chan wrote:

I hope you're true to what you say... and 'rewarding' him in a special way?
I certainly won't be touching your planets or Uranus ;)

I have about 59 witnesses ;)

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:36 am

Trion wrote:
Stay disabled and flux the planet. It's his fault for not protecting it.

Trion's right put that flux on it asap! It's inevitable that when you take some ones planet they will retaliate. How they do that is up to them, be thankful it's not their entire legion hitting you :D

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:45 pm

squodge wrote:
Anyway, the player decided to retaliate which was expected. But I didn't expect to be multi-raided just for taking someone's planet, especially since they made no effort to put ANY defence on it at all. Also, there's nothing stopping him from taking the planet back since he's rank 749 (I'm only rank 336).

Question is: do I just suck it up, and put up with it for the next 2 days? Or is this a serious case of really bad sportsmanship?

I mean, I have no qualms badging players - but I stop at 1 of each badge, and I'll avoid badging someone even two days in a row. I know etiquette doesn't have to be followed, and I know we are free to do as we please. But if everyone went around with absolutely no sportsmanship at all, the game would fall apart very quickly.

You've gotten to 336 witouth ever running into this? I'm not sure whether to be shocked or amazed. As others have mentioned, stealing a planet almost always results in a zeroing. Also, once you pass 150-200 "etiquette" pretty much goes out the window. The whole one badge thing is more of a bye product of low energy, needing badges other than reds, and low APH (none of which are applicable at your rank).

squodge wrote:
Okay, thanks for the advice guys. I will suck it up - lesson learned :)

I guess I'll just not bother taking planets any more, unless I am almost certain the player is inactive and not in a legion (or in an inactive legion).

I understand why this player is doing what he's doing - mainly because he can. I've had planets stolen before, and I didn't bother to try to take them back or even get revenge. From my perspective, I see heavy-handed retaliation as a pyrrhic victory.

EDIT: He's zeroed me now, so at least the raiding and hacking will stop until my actions counter resets.
One of his hacks failed, and I got one of his planets - definitely NOT taking that o.O
And one of his hacks was a critical success - so I'm expecting one of my planets to disappear soon. The positive is that planets are replaceable :)

Samuel L. Jackson voice: "MATH $%*&#$%*&%# ! DO YOU USE IT!?"
You didn't say what size it was, but if its a VL toxic that planet should be producing at least 350 MPH. You should get back the value 6k MP, AP, and RP within 2 days. Maybe its because I work in economics/finance and break everything down into an efficiency problem, but I think people overreact to being disabled and zeroed. If anything this should show you how low the cost from their retaliation actually is. P.S. just because he crit hacked you doesn't mean he stole one of your planets. Unless you keep the crappy ones purged all the time he has about an 75% chance of finding one of the unoccupied planets in your list.

Ceasar wrote:
Trion wrote:
Stay disabled and flux the planet. It's his fault for not protecting it.

Trion's right put that flux on it asap! It's inevitable that when you take some ones planet they will retaliate. How they do that is up to them, be thankful it's not their entire legion hitting you :D

NOOOOOOO DO NOT WASTE A FLUX ON THAT. Unless its MC, an 11x mining planet isn't worth anywhere near as much as a flux (maybe worth a temp. flux in a week)

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Wow, so I just sucked it up and put up with it - no harm in the end, and the other guy took his planet back which I didn't resist.
I learned my lesson - don't pinch planets.

I decided to do some general PVP again, sticking to the whole non-multi etiquette.
I just hacked someone (only once), and they left a message: "you know that whole thing about planet theft and zeroing... you posted... this may not be a good idea either".

So now it seems like someone's going to multi-hack/disable/raid me purely for hacking them ONCE?!?! And I didn't even touch their planets, or even have one scanned pft o.O

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 am

You've identified yourself as an easy target. You've shown you won't retaliate to aggressors, so people have nothing to lose if they tell you to go play in traffic. If you want to lose that reputation, stop being a passive player. If you don't like how someone is treating you, you make them know about it. Whining about the issue on forums will not get you anywhere.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:54 am

this advice is only if he continues to seek you out after said 2 day snooze alert passes.

You're not entitled to any courtesy on someone's bt but there is such a thing as deliberate harassment.

For instance someone was disabling me (for badges) i badged back and the next thing i know i'm farmed.

sometimes you sit quiet and bear it because you're more focused on another task. Or you can be like me most of the time and work him over.

farm back even if it means using more tms... ranks dont matter, its crew that counts on raids and there are more tin ships out there than you'd believe, even if all of them together aint worth a plug nickel.

when they keep coming back to you, CM, EMP and Disarms are all great. If you can be online while they go after you in retaliation, start serving them krio traps and let em chew on that (the die hard farmers and pvpers dont have huge null counts as arule). Dont spam 20 emps or disarms in one shot. One cage takes care of them all... dribble them out while he's online and bothering to buff.

Now... this is a piss poor way to play the game in my opinion, but then repeatedly farming someone is equally piss poor. And don't get me started on the rank 1600 who goes after the rank 700 and zeroes to pad stats.... thats just lame.

be ready when they are ready to leave you alone to leave it at that. Doing this to just do it, is not right and btw what works for you will work for them... so when the time comes to make peace make peace.

oh, don't block comms if you can help it and stay civil. a lot will go easier that way.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:33 pm

iDave/Fear: thanks for your comments.

iDave: Yeah, I might be a pansy when it comes to planet theft retaliation, but that doesn't mean I'll sit back and 'enjoy' a threat because all I've done is hacked someone. I was actually waiting for him to alert me to his legion, but it turns out it was an idle threat. I mean, he might still alert me, but it would seem a bit extreme to do so just because I hacked him at random from the battle tab. So no, I'm not an easy target in turns of PVP, only planet theft.

Fear: I won't work someone over if it'll end up a pyrrhic victory. I mean, what's the point burning through a ton of time manipulators/null fuses and other artis just to get back at ONE person? I mean, sure, if an entire legion picked on me, I'd probably burn through some artis to get back at one ship with favourable pvp stats (as in favourable to HIM/HER), as I know a disable will upset them more so than someone who's "laughable".

Back when I played a bit of Dragons of Atlantis, someone farmed me for all my resources. So I waited a whole month, accelerated past the guy in a huge way, and pillaged him to death. Weirdly he stopped playing, complained that it wasn't fair for someone my level to continually beat him up - I pointed out that he farmed me to death when he was higher level than me a month earlier. I was just returning the favour.

So yeah, as much as I'll avoid stealing planets, surely it's a bit OTT to alert someone just because they've disabled/raided/hacked you once?

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:36 pm

squodge wrote:
iDave: Yeah, I might be a pansy when it comes to planet theft retaliation, but that doesn't mean I'll sit back and 'enjoy' a threat because all I've done is hacked someone.... So no, I'm not an easy target in turns of PVP, only planet theft.

I would argue that spending a flux and losing a bit of resources points to retaliation is a low price to pay for taking a good planet. I call getting zeroed for planet theft the price of doing business, and you will have to do business and take planets if you want to do well in Galaxy Legion.

squodge wrote:
Fear: I won't work someone over if it'll end up a pyrrhic victory. I mean, what's the point burning through a ton of time manipulators/null fuses and other artis just to get back at ONE person? I mean, sure, if an entire legion picked on me, I'd probably burn through some artis to get back at one ship with favourable pvp stats (as in favourable to HIM/HER), as I know a disable will upset them more so than someone who's "laughable".

Back when I played a bit of Dragons of Atlantis, someone farmed me for all my resources. So I waited a whole month, accelerated past the guy in a huge way, and pillaged him to death. Weirdly he stopped playing, complained that it wasn't fair for someone my level to continually beat him up - I pointed out that he farmed me to death when he was higher level than me a month earlier. I was just returning the favour.

You sound like you have a good head for strategy. I agree that spending TMs and Null Fuses to retaliate sounds like a "pyrrhic victory" (TMs generally being worth more than the resources you take with them) particularly at lower ranks where everything is harder to obtain. I imagine that a lot of us are willing to waste TMs even at lower ranks so that we (or our legion) build(s) a reputation for not allowing people to take our stuff. I would not waste Null Fuses, and instead, I would wait until they are offline or get a buddy to help you take them out.

In short, if getting zeroed is the price of taking a good planet, then along similar lines, spending TMs to zero a planet thief is the price of building a reputation.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2