View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mojo311's help corner for newbies. 

This is just here to let all newbies out there that feel shunned, ignored, or looked down on that not all high ranks or players in the game are that way. I am making this thread for all of you to let you know that I'm here to help wherever I can. No question to small or dumb. lol If you have one and don't want to post it on the forums please just send me a PM and I will do what I can. If you want to post here feel free and I will do my best to answer it for you when I get on next. If someone else answers it I will review their answer and still comment on it. I want to make you feel welcome here and try and get a strong growing low ranking community again. So please feel free to drop me a message at any time.

Oh and if any of the trolls in this forum try and give anyone a hard time here or start anything in here or what ever please ignore them and just PM me instead.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon. :D

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:06 am
Profile WWW

Good Idea Mojo, hope it helps some people along

Keep up the good work

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:34 am

+1 Mojo, I whole-heartedly support this message.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:40 am

I hope this question it isn't considered another 'how good is my ship question' as that isn't really what I want to know. I would have sent a PM as suggested but I can't seem to figure out how to do that in this forum.

As many other new players do I rushed headlong into running missions from the start - this seems to be the point of the game when running through the tutorial. To add to the damage caused by running so many missions at the start I added my own bit of extra stupidity and specifically selected the ones that would be fastest to complete sp I could get the tier rewards more quickly rather than the useful ones that give ship modules and get started on the path to a new race. These also tended to give the highest XP, increasing rank faster.

I'm now aware from reading the forum threads once I bothered to start at about level 45 and three weeks in that the current state/strength of my ship - at level 56 and a month in now - is extremely poor. Basically my rank is too high for everything else except decks and engineers which is where I've put my rank points leading to an extremely high minimum damage and little attack or defense. This means that compared to just about everything in the battle tab I am woefully underpowered and die quickly - especially against all those players that have restarted (or read the forums earlier) and know what they are doing. I'm now massively behind in badge collection for the dominion cannons and protean armories that seem to be standard equipment for nearly everyone in my battle tab and makes the problem worse.

Restarting myself is one of the options - but there is a cost to that which is perhaps too high. I've spent a small amount of GP (but expensive for me - to the point I might not be able to buy them again soon) on ship modules so I would lose them and I've received some generous gifts from others that I'm perhaps unlikely to get again making life much harder and I'd also feel guilty that I had wasted their gifts.

So what my question boils down to is can a mission ship be fixed so that I have a chance to be a little more active in the battle tab, do I just focus on missions and try to enjoy just them this time round before an eventual restart or do I just bite the bullet and restart immediately now I know more? To be clear I'm not looking to be 'the best' I'm just looking for a path that will eventually lead me to be in the same ballpark as what seems to be the majority. My resources are that I have a little patience, plenty of time during the day to play and a small amount of cash to spare. Perhaps more importantly I do enjoy playing the game and want to stick with it.

It is a question that I think many new players have and might cause them to leave even if they are otherwise enjoying the game so an answer on the forums would be really helpful.

Many thanks for your offer of help - it gives me hope.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:57 am

Valent wrote:
I hope this question it isn't considered another 'how good is my ship question' as that isn't really what I want to know. I would have sent a PM as suggested but I can't seem to figure out how to do that in this forum.

As many other new players do I rushed headlong into running missions from the start - this seems to be the point of the game when running through the tutorial. To add to the damage caused by running so many missions at the start I added my own bit of extra stupidity and specifically selected the ones that would be fastest to complete sp I could get the tier rewards more quickly rather than the useful ones that give ship modules and get started on the path to a new race. These also tended to give the highest XP, increasing rank faster.

I'm now aware from reading the forum threads once I bothered to start at about level 45 and three weeks in that the current state/strength of my ship - at level 56 and a month in now - is extremely poor. Basically my rank is too high for everything else except decks and engineers which is where I've put my rank points leading to an extremely high minimum damage and little attack or defense. This means that compared to just about everything in the battle tab I am woefully underpowered and die quickly - especially against all those players that have restarted (or read the forums earlier) and know what they are doing. I'm now massively behind in badge collection for the dominion cannons and protean armories that seem to be standard equipment for nearly everyone in my battle tab and makes the problem worse.

Restarting myself is one of the options - but there is a cost to that which is perhaps too high. I've spent a small amount of GP (but expensive for me - to the point I might not be able to buy them again soon) on ship modules so I would lose them and I've received some generous gifts from others that I'm perhaps unlikely to get again making life much harder and I'd also feel guilty that I had wasted their gifts.

So what my question boils down to is can a mission ship be fixed so that I have a chance to be a little more active in the battle tab, do I just focus on missions and try to enjoy just them this time round before an eventual restart or do I just bite the bullet and restart immediately now I know more? To be clear I'm not looking to be 'the best' I'm just looking for a path that will eventually lead me to be in the same ballpark as what seems to be the majority. My resources are that I have a little patience, plenty of time during the day to play and a small amount of cash to spare. Perhaps more importantly I do enjoy playing the game and want to stick with it.

It is a question that I think many new players have and might cause them to leave even if they are otherwise enjoying the game so an answer on the forums would be really helpful.

Many thanks for your offer of help - it gives me hope.

It's never too late to fix a ship and i can tell you i was in exactly the same position you are in now when i started 2 years ago.

Start a thread and post up a picture of your ship page list of modules planetary production current planets and how far you have progressed in the research tree this will allow people to give more detailed and relevant information to you

or if you wish your more than welcome to drop me a line on facebook and i'd be happy to run through any questions you might have.

https://www.facebook.com/jonny.hart.33

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 am

I just need more space on my ship

Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Valent, first off sending a PM is easy all you have to do is click pm at the bottom of someones post in a thread. So if you still want to feel free.

Now to answer your question. As Fireblade said its never to late to fix a ship. You are still very small ranking and have a long way to go yet. So nothing you have done to this point will really effect your ship in the long haul. My suggestion to you is this. First off try and build your research and artifact production as much as you can. Mainly artifact production but research is nice for a player of your rank as well. As you are doing that start adding your rank points into attack not so much defense as that will come with your artifact production. Now I'm not saying that you should just stop adding to energy either, energy is very important in the game and many high ranks add a lot of rank points to it. If you want to go into PVP more though I would suggest getting a high attack and high arti production. If you want to build your productions more yet then I would suggest NPCing some as well. I know at your rank it takes a bit to take down a NPC but if you happen to see an uncommon or rare on there I would try to kill it since they give the best drops.

If you have any more questions or want to talk more about this you can PM me here or add me on FB https://www.facebook.com/jacob.gerber.9 . I would also suggest, if you haven't all ready, that you read my path guide of which link is in my sig below. Thanks for the question and I hope I answered it for you. I have not looked at any other topics on here yet so if you also started your own thread as Fireblade suggested then I hope you got the help you needed there as well. :D

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 pm
Profile WWW

mh1ultramarine wrote:

I have to disagree with you on this. More space is never the answer. More artifact production is the answer.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:48 pm

maxer wrote:
mh1ultramarine wrote:

I have to disagree with you on this. More space is never the answer. More artifact production is the answer.

100% depends on playstyle and rank, if your already a LSB may as well stick with it and install the heck outa your ship.
while artis are all important, rank can determine what you want to do with your ship depending on playstyle.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:43 pm

elerian wrote:
maxer wrote:
mh1ultramarine wrote:

100% depends on playstyle and rank, if your already a LSB may as well stick with it and install the heck outa your ship.
while artis are all important, rank can determine what you want to do with your ship depending on playstyle.

Those rank points will be a lot more useful going into energy or attack instead of decks.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 pm

How useful are NCP reward scanners always installed

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:32 pm

While that may be true for you, maxer it may not be for others. Not everyone is playing this game and trying to be great at it. Some just want to see what all it has to offer. If that means they have to speed rank and get a lot of decks to get all the mods they can on their ship then by all means that is what they should do. In the end there is no real wrong or right way to play the game but to do what is fun for you. Now if they are trying to go for the best ship they can get for say PVP then yes you would be right, they are going at it all wrong and they should stop putting rank points into decks and into attack or energy. I say this only because that is how they will get the most fulfillment for what they are looking for.

On a side note though I would like to point out that no one said that they where using rank points to get space. They could just mean they need more shipbots then they are currently getting or maybe space was their word for cargo space and not decks.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:33 pm
Profile WWW

I just have to wacth that my upkeep does not get too big. That is why I no longer put everything into decks after my last re-set

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:35 pm

mh1ultramarine wrote:
How useful are NCP reward scanners always installed

That depends on what you are currently trying to do. If you want to do the NPC path then they are very important. Same if you are a planet builder or a PVP player. If you want to do missions or be a merc then scanners are not nearly as useful. Even in PVP it depends on rank with how well scanners help you.

I say PVP only because scan will help you find smaller ranking weaker ships (depending on rank) that are trying to hid from everyone. This is mostly just with low ranks but I think it can still happen in higher ranks as well.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:38 pm
Profile WWW

mojo311 wrote:
Valent, first off sending a PM is easy all you have to do is click pm at the bottom of someones post in a thread. So if you still want to feel free.

he needed 3 posts before those show up ... but he can pm you now.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:50 am
Profile WWW

im not an newbie but i need help recruiting members to join my legion "The Star Fleet Federation" my rank 44 game name madcrazy63 my base is level one its an artifact base recruiting ranks 30+ and above if you cant help me dont worry about it sorry to bother you

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:50 pm

taker wrote:
im not an newbie but i need help recruiting members to join my legion "The Star Fleet Federation" my rank 44 game name madcrazy63 my base is level one its an artifact base recruiting ranks 30+ and above if you cant help me dont worry about it sorry to bother you

Well I just looked up your legion and my best advice to you is this. Drop that legion and join another well established legion. I don't say this to be mean at all but at your rank and at this point in your game it is the best move. Starting your own legion and getting it full and stay full is hard enough for players ranked 500+ let alone rank 44. Also if your starting a new legion at that rank then you won't be able to LVL up your base very well making for poor base payments and high upkeep for just you to take care of. If you join a legion that is all ready established and has a good amount of players you will get good payment from the base, good protection from the legion bonus, and help from the many players that are all ready there. Then, maybe, later on in the game when you are higher ranking and are more established as a player you can try and start up your legion again. If you really want to try and get this one of the ground then my only real advice is this. Try PMing as many players on your BT that don't have legions or are in really small legions letting them know you would love to have their help building up your legion. Also try and make a name for your self in the game by doing well in PVP or other aspects of the game.

Wish you luck no matter what you decide to do. If you have any further questions about this please feel free to ask.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:14 am
Profile WWW

Great job creating this post!

No such thing as stupid question huh?! Mmmm... do you believe there's certain technique in knocking down NPC to reveal more elites or bosses? Maybe like clicking, killing or grouping in an unique pattern?

And yes, this is a serious question I like to ask
:mrgreen:

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:44 am

MiracleOne wrote:

Great job creating this post!

No such thing as stupid question huh?! Mmmm... do you believe there's certain technique in knocking down NPC to reveal more elites or bosses? Maybe like clicking, killing or grouping in an unique pattern?

And yes, this is a serious question I like to ask
:mrgreen:

This theory has been going on for a long time. And yes that is all it still is, a theory. No one has ever proved that doing any sort of thing help spawn more NPC's of what ever kind. I have tried it and found it to be the same as if I didn't. I have my good days doing it when it seems to work and my bad days. Just like if I kill them as I find them. So in the end, no, I don't think that there is really any sort of clicking, killing, or grouping in any sort of unique pattern that will help you find more rares, elites or bosses.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 am
Profile WWW

I m having a hard time finding an answer....

How much ctp goes for a planet with 20x Mega at Massive?

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next