View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Please check my ship 

Peticks wrote:
I'd dissagree with the avoidation of zolazin as the chain itself is extremely short compared to most of the others and it provides one of the best abilities in the game. The sabotage allows better chances of the planets you invade and therefore better production growth. Talth is slighly better though so after going zolazin I would say work on getting energy up to the point you can autorank the talth chain

Okay, I'll roll with that. Zolazin isn't too bad, and its definitely worth getting the extra NPC slots.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:01 am

There are also medals and personal quirks to consider.

Some people go Mylarai/Kronyn for the 15 bump medal... nothin' wrong with that. Other people for whatever reason just enjoy making maxed mining/research planets (even though it's so much faster through NPCs)... nothin' wrong with that either, so long as they understand that research planets lose a lot of value as you rank, and mining planets (while important), are far less helpful for your ship growth than artifact planets.

I would echo "don't go Builder" though. You can do so much better, and it just puts a big fat target on your ship.

Quote:
I haven't even started, and have no intention to start yet. I intend to have some fun badging before it gets too troublesome at higher ranks.
PVP is great, but IMO, badging has actually been more fun ranks 500-900. Just need to keep your energy bar growing and use some strategy (resource and trap probes, buff-checks, etc.) and it won't be a problem for you at all :)

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:18 am

Akumu wrote:
Pongoloid wrote:
Akumu: how close are you to unlocking Taltherian, Litheor, or Uldri?

Sorry for missing your question.
I haven't even started, and have no intention to start yet. I intend to have some fun badging before it gets too troublesome at higher ranks.
As for other races, i think i'll go mylarai builder first, then some zolazin\drannik\xecti\etc for medal.
Far in future (can't bet my word on that though) at R500+ i'll go talth for a looong time and uldri\litheor, ofc. But creds go first. Medals too.
Siffice to say, i gone kronyn(which i heard isn't too popular, mainly for medals) for about 6+ month, i think? Or even maybe longer. This goes without saying that research is still useful even after you research'd all branches except legion ones.

if you are going slow ... hacking and raiding for zero xp at your rank is probably best. burning xp to disable folks should only be done enough to get the badge mods. i agree that there is still plenty of killing between rank 500 and 1000 ... and you can get more kills in per rankup.

kronyn excavator is fine for now. i just switched out of it myself last month after spending 6 months there. i did not focus on creating research plasmas. instead, i evened out the research levels for my arti planets so that when i terraform them up ... they will get to 15x across. to my mind, this will make the most out of cross.resource artis. this was before the thraccti ally and its gifts came into play tho ... so this strategy is less useful now.

currently mylarai explorer ... now evening out the mining production for those project planets. the thraccti gifts will mean that i won't have to spend 6 months at this and can start planning for the lazuli fixer stage of my game (hello Exotica !). the explorer was to get the Omniscient medal ... but i do like not being hacked as often. planning on staying in this profession until i have ranked up trovar zane to max (need to purge another 250 planets before i can resume that objective).

zolazin is definitely recommended for the extra npc slots. i do not plan on doing talth/uldri until after rank 1k or 1200, whenever i lose access to desirable npc's. currently working on trellith and when that is done, will switch to working on litheor. depending on how fast that goes, my next race switch will be to litheor or lazuli.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am
Profile WWW

hmmm... lots of food for thought.
After reading all opinions, i came to next conclusion:
- i wont go builder;
- i will go mylarai explorer\fixer\excavator(of last is possible at all) afterall and uplift non-toxics i have (metallics, demons, etc);
- however tempting, i still wont go talth at least not before i uplift my mining and finish trelith chain.
The reasoning is i intend to spend very big amount of time being taltherian, since AP is everything.
And i dont think it would be reasonable to swap between races like changing socks.
Another reason is that i desperately need medal points - only 570 so far, while i need at least 700 or 800. Badges are gathering dust, you see.
So, to get more medal pts i will briefly visiting xecti, zolazin (probably 30 days or so +hacking), genetarr, drannik with taking all possible medals for each race.
Last ones to go will be litheor, taltherian, and uldrinan. Probably taltherian will go first. And even maybe i will spend around 1 year or more being talth.;
- i will get myself some storage structures for research and mining, since i cap res in 6 hours and mining in 10 hours and since i will be raising mining production i will need more storage for it;
- i will stop adding decks and with a heavy sigh start swapping mods whenever i attack the base, i do NPCing, i do PVPing, i go freeze-ranking, i invade planets, i inhale, i exhale... wait
Also, i remember it was often mentioned in suggestions to introduce module sets to swap between each faster.
- i would like to get minimum GP set, but unfortunately thats not an option at the moment.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2