View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Natural Dyson FFA 

elerian wrote:
Devastation wrote:
ArconZX wrote:
the real question is how often does "Planets In Galaxy: 4,905,495" change.

that would be a good thing to know as well

I'm almost certain that in all my time of playing that said number has never changed.

Give us better planets, Dan! :mrgreen:

play uplifter races and make better planets :mrgreen:

Or just NPC... Have to say though, while I don't have nearly enough data for a definitive answer one way or the other, it does seem that the quality of scans has dropped significantly. I went on a 5k planet scan run yesterday (ie. 10 Million EM worth) with over 20k scan, found *zero* planets I wouldn't have as excavator and *zero* maxed arti planets, the best being a VL 5xMR. Compare this with viewtopic.php?p=316108#p316108 (I scanned and invaded all those planets myself, was just interested in raising up the legion I was in at the time) and you can see the difference. And given that the price of EM is less than 200:1 (~175:1 currently), it was effectively over 50k CTP worth of res to lock a few unocc Terras...

If anyone has had a particularly good scan run you should create a quick post (given the biasing nature of this thread) but it does seem that the 'rewards' for scanning have changed...

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:13 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
JohnMcAuley wrote:
Or just NPC... Have to say though, while I don't have nearly enough data for a definitive answer one way or the other, it does seem that the quality of scans has dropped significantly. I went on a 5k planet scan run yesterday (ie. 10 Million EM worth) with over 20k scan, found *zero* planets I wouldn't have as excavator and *zero* maxed arti planets, the best being a VL 5xMR. Compare this with viewtopic.php?p=316108#p316108 (I scanned and invaded all those planets myself, was just interested in raising up the legion I was in at the time) and you can see the difference. And given that the price of EM is less than 200:1 (~175:1 currently), it was effectively over 50k CTP worth of res to lock a few unocc Terras...

If anyone has had a particularly good scan run you should create a quick post (given the biasing nature of this thread) but it does seem that the 'rewards' for scanning have changed...

My point exactly. At this stage in the game, all the good unnocupied planets have been scanned and taken. I know 5 million planets seems like a lot, but if there are 10,000 players, that's an average of only 500 per player. And this game has been around for 4 years. Think about the number of scans that have been performed over those 4 years..... all of them over the SAME POOL OF ONLY 5 MILLION planets.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

I found a 46x arti dyson back in august and a member of my legion found a 46x with better research than mine last month. I would say some are still floating around out there.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 am

Yup. Also gotta remember that a number of people (especially sub-200 ranks without maxed cloak) who find artifact Dysons keep it hush hush and/or quietly sell them for mountains of ctp if they don't plan on making them invincible. They're still being found quite regularly, even if less regularly (?) than before.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
408SJC wrote:
I found a 46x arti dyson back in august and a member of my legion found a 46x with better research than mine last month. I would say some are still floating around out there.

Yea, and the other day I caught a fish; it was THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS big...

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:48 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:
408SJC wrote:

I really cba responding to these comments before but I guess I'm going to have to. You're missing the point, good quality planets were intended to be scanned, colonised and subsequently scanned by other people, that was the basis for interaction on that aspect of the game, a theme that virtually all browser strategy games rely on. The issue now is that many seem to be choosing to cloak all their maxed planets beyond 23k instead of bricking them, possibly due to changes in advice on planet building, but I believe that the repeatable +15% cloak mod (polaron emitter) played a larger role.

As is the case for several other parts of the game however (eg. growing hull:damage cap ratios, NPCing that doesn't beat your shield recharge, etc.) it needs a mechanics overhaul rather than a parameter tweak, something that just doesn't seem practical given how much Dan seems to have on his plate.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:42 am
Profile WWW

JohnMcAuley wrote:
I really cba responding to these comments before but I guess I'm going to have to. You're missing the point, good quality planets were intended to be scanned, colonised and subsequently scanned by other people, that was the basis for interaction on that aspect of the game, a theme that virtually all browser strategy games rely on. The issue now is that many seem to be choosing to cloak all their maxed planets beyond 23k instead of bricking them, possibly due to changes in advice on planet building, but I believe that the repeatable +15% cloak mod (polaron emitter) played a larger role.

As is the case for several other parts of the game however (eg. growing hull:damage cap ratios, NPCing that doesn't beat your shield recharge, etc.) it needs a mechanics overhaul rather than a parameter tweak, something that just doesn't seem practical given how much Dan seems to have on his plate.
+9

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:37 am

People don't brick anymore becuase its not efficent. their is a fixed numer of total defense and many MANY ships have passed that number by ( perticuarly if you say want some production out of the planet....) where as cloak costs very little space and guarantees you safety as long as the planet isn't crit hacked. If defense gave a garenteed invade reduction chance, say -3% per sheild instead of defense boost. people might brick more.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 am

draxsiss wrote:
People don't brick anymore becuase its not efficent. their is a fixed numer of total defense and many MANY ships have passed that number by ( perticuarly if you say want some production out of the planet....) where as cloak costs very little space and guarantees you safety as long as the planet isn't crit hacked. If defense gave a garenteed invade reduction chance, say -3% per sheild instead of defense boost. people might brick more.
+5

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 am

Uy23e wrote:
MiracleOne wrote:
MiracleOne wrote:
Example: Planet (Terra VL Mega) : The probe returns with data: 0 other ship(s) have scanned this planet

Uy23e wrote:
On the other hand, whereas VL 2x is a good planet naturally, it won't even make the top 50 list for many players.

I might be misreading this part... you are saying a planet like Terra VL 2x Mega won't even make the top 50 list for many players?? Ok if so.... they wouldn't even share with legion? they rather plunger it?? I m lost?! Could you unpack this more?!

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:01 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:
408SJC wrote:

Just posted it here https://www.facebook.com/groups/127578450655460/ cause I might sell it. Now you were saying?

Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:39 am

JohnMcAuley wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:
408SJC wrote:

I understand. It's just posts stating that all planets have been scanned and there are no good dysons left as if it was a fact when they are still being found is ridiculous.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:45 am

MiracleOne wrote:
MiracleOne wrote:
Example: Planet (Terra VL Mega) : The probe returns with data: 0 other ship(s) have scanned this planet

Uy23e wrote:
On the other hand, whereas VL 2x is a good planet naturally, it won't even make the top 50 list for many players.

I might be misreading this part... you are saying a planet like Terra VL 2x Mega won't even make the top 50 list for many players?? Ok if so.... they wouldn't even share with legion? they rather plunger it?? I m lost?! Could you unpack this more?!

Yes you are misreading it. Because in that particular post I'm talking about planets that is OWNED by that player who is about to QUIT or RESET. It costs GP which is REAL MONEY to be able to give those plant away(i.e. via an abandon) so planets that are good but does not rank high on the list might not make the cut. So no, they are not purgeing them, the planets are becoming unscanned because the only person who ever scanned it ceased to exist w/o giving them away.
As of right now a 2x VL would not make my top 25 list and I'm just a bit over rank 900 and not all that devote of a player. Most rank 1500+ probably have 50 or more planets that are better.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Uy23e wrote:
MiracleOne wrote:
MiracleOne wrote:

Uy23e wrote:

Yes you are misreading it. Because in that particular post I'm talking about planets that is OWNED by that player who is about to QUIT or RESET. It costs GP which is REAL MONEY to be able to give those plant away(i.e. via an abandon) so planets that are good but does not rank high on the list might not make the cut. So no, they are not purgeing them, the planets are becoming unscanned because the only person who ever scanned it ceased to exist w/o giving them away.
As of right now a 2x VL would not make my top 25 list and I'm just a bit over rank 900 and not all that devote of a player. Most rank 1500+ probably have 50 or more planets that are better.

Heck, I've 34 Terras that are better (315 AP/hr+) :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:44 pm
Profile WWW

I just found my first Dyson just now and it was 42x artifact AND unoccupied!

http://i.imgur.com/kOHTYza.png

So yeah, if I can find one, there are DEFINITELY still some out there. Unless I took the last one! :D

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:18 am

Wooo! Nice one!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 pm

who here recently found a natural dyson?

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:25 am

MiracleOne wrote:
who here recently found a natural dyson?

We've had a 28x and a 47x natural arti Dyson inside the last 2 weeks.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 am

I find you will steal an arty dyson faster then you will scan one.

nearly 100k scans and i have fond 2 dysions. none where AP. sold one gave the other away. some thing about not being AP makes it seem less important.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:08 am

I have scanned 2, both on my last reset, around level 100 (about 6-8 months ago probably).

1 was owned, 1 was unowned both with Multi-Mega resources.

Just rifted the unowned one a few weeks ago.

Kills: 5753 and counting
Deaths: 44

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next