View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 ALERT: TRE02: Factions at War 

my money is on a scan boost

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:52 pm

This means at the end of this chain we are almost ensured one of exactly two things: An ability or a new race.

There is however the extremely low chance that Dan has placed an ability somewhere before the end of the chian, but honestly that seems the least likely thing.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:57 pm

But it doesn't make much sense this way.
If X supports Y, Y should be accessible earlier than X. Otherwise, what's the point? Everyone (except maybe SSB, but this thing fully maxed is good for even SSB) would have X, so why bother making it require X support? whatever X provides might as well be directly built into Y.
That is to say, if Raix Transformation is an ability that adds 10% hull and an additional 5% if the plating is wore, since everybody would have the plating anyway, it might as well be 15% directly.
Really doesn't make any sense to me.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:51 pm

one possibility is you could have multiple modules able to work together for an ability requiring the hull plus one other.

For example a raix weapon mod installed with hull allows Attack mode transformation +10% to attack or a thruster mod giving Defense mode for 10% def. Of course there'd be a cooldown and most likely a lockout while another mode has been activated.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:05 am

rkngl wrote:
one possibility is you could have multiple modules able to work together for an ability requiring the hull plus one other.

For example a raix weapon mod installed with hull allows Attack mode transformation +10% to attack or a thruster mod giving Defense mode for 10% def. Of course there'd be a cooldown and most likely a lockout while another mode has been activated.

I'm hoping for a Raix ally in the end, each item is the starting stats of the ally.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:14 am

The raix transformation will be triggered by being some new race and it will transform the module into something useful. However, the new race will not have the option of excavator. That is my guess at least.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:38 am

The Id10t Virus wrote:
Is it just me or are the energy requirements ridiculously high?

I AGREE..

RIDICULOUS IS STILL AN UNDERSTATEMENT..

MANA

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:42 am

rkngl wrote:

If, however, that the transformation(which is extremely likely the last part of mission) is provided after the whatever other parts there might be, then it doesn't change anything. Fact is that you'd still be able to do the transformation of any type you want as long as you have it unlocked as it would be prerequisite to having it at all. From a practical stand point it's still pointless.
Now, if there are multiple different mission chains that are interrelated, it would be more interesting. Chain A and B provide a number of different parts that you can progress and get or hold while Chain C(or single mission) provide an ally or ability that get different effect essentially based on the extend of A/B completion. That would be a quite interesting structure. But I kinda doubt that's what's gonna happen.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:35 pm

They said that Raix is some kind of rare substance that does cool stuff apparently. I suspect that maybe Raix will be included as a new material to acquire somehow that can be used to upgrade modules, or planets or something. That would be cool if it was implemented well.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:21 am

the ability should reflect a damage percentage back on attacker.

one thing we could use at the lower ranks is more energy recharge. as it stand we get 90 - 120 depending on if you buy GP or not so a new mod when fully upgraded could add 30 to this with a ability to boost the charge for a few hours by X10.

would be nice to pick up a new ally and race change option from this chain.

Reading what most are saying here this chain is clearly aimed at the higher ranks who are in need of new things to do. also i would agree the reward ratio is far to high and needs dropping to 1:3 or 1:4 to contain the fast ranking.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:29 pm

I maxed mine this afternoon and do not see a +300 Defense anywhere.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:34 am

Maxed mine as well, and while i don't seeing saying "+300 Defense" anywhere, my defense did go up when it was completed

Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Is there any possibility of extending the 'Factions at War' mission by one day? :?: :?:
I'm so close to finishing it, but will be a few hours short to complete the last level :cry:

Pretty please a 1 day extension on this mission? :D :D :D
I would appreciate it so much.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:31 am

Garlactacia wrote:
Is there any possibility of extending the 'Factions at War' mission by one day? :?: :?:
I'm so close to finishing it, but will be a few hours short to complete the last level :cry:

unlucky mate, but no... i want to get on with the next one! :D you can wait till it gets archived :P

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:39 pm

Adsibearsawsome wrote:
Garlactacia wrote:

unlucky mate, but no... i want to get on with the next one! :D you can wait till it gets archived :P

LOL, why are you in such a rush? :mrgreen:

Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:13 am

Garlactacia wrote:
Adsibearsawsome wrote:
Garlactacia wrote:

LOL, why are you in such a rush? :mrgreen:

Because we have finished it and are eager to move on to the next step and see what other kinds of pretty shineys we can get!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Garlactacia wrote:

So you are asking the devs to hold the mission for 1 person, while the rest of us wait?

Also, this chain will be archived after all the missions are released, so you can go back and finish everything you didn't get to the 1st time. It's not like you will lose this mission forever if you don't finish it tonight.

#1 in GL... and in your heart

ImageImage

Top 50 in Battles
Top 10 in Kills, Raids, Hacks and Medal Points
Officer in Empire of the Sun

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2