View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 ship types? 

ok i've seen two different ship types one being scout and the second being light frigate. what are the differences and how do you change ship types. and i've also noticed that it doesn't have to do with race.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 am

The "Ship Class" is currently based on your ship size. The greater the size, the higher the size class of the ship.

Here is just a tiny few, each coming in light, standard, and heavy variations:

Scout
Frigate
Cruiser
Battleship

With that said, I hope to add many more variations of ship graphic styles in the future. :)

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:51 am

ship size... as in number of decks? what determines ship size and is their any real impact. if not is there a way to incorperate some small to moderate bonus based on ship size. such as to energy, armor, ect. and/or any combination of the afore mentioned stats.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 pm

What about increase in the number of allowed modules? I'd say this makes sense.

Also, some modules (or modifications, like heavy whatever cannon) might have ship class requirement to fit in.

Cheers!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 pm

telsa_pandora wrote:
ship size... as in number of decks? what determines ship size and is their any real impact. if not is there a way to incorperate some small to moderate bonus based on ship size. such as to energy, armor, ect. and/or any combination of the afore mentioned stats.

When you add ship space (decks) the size of the craft goes up. I haven't seen any real bonus or anything like that but that plus of it is that I can equip nice items to boost my stats. For example currently I am going for a defensive build so that when people attack me they do very little damage. I have like 217 defense. It justs helps in fights or even if you wanted to add energy you can add a mass amount of energy.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]