View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 How can you . . . 

Tell what your ships strength is relative to everyone elses?

See your rank?

Change my name or my ships name that's displayed to everyone?

Also, if I hack into someone and steal say 14 research points, do they know?

So far, I've died 3 times but have seen nothing about it in my ship's log. No hacks, no attacks, etc. Am I looking in the right place?

If someone hacks me and steals, say 14 research points, does it actually come out of my available pool (ie should I spend em as fast as I get em)?

Thanks..

Sun May 16, 2010 12:51 am

AlZymers wrote:
Tell what your ships strength is relative to everyone elses?

See your rank?

Change my name or my ships name that's displayed to everyone?

Also, if I hack into someone and steal say 14 research points, do they know?

So far, I've died 3 times but have seen nothing about it in my ship's log. No hacks, no attacks, etc. Am I looking in the right place?

If someone hacks me and steals, say 14 research points, does it actually come out of my available pool (ie should I spend em as fast as I get em)?

Thanks..

1. When selecting another player you get a window with information about their general combat habits (experienced/harmful, etc) and more info can be found from their ship and stats tabs.

2. Rank is shown top center of the Galaxy Legion window.

3. No way to change your name or your ship name at this time. (but I would like that option!)

4. Yes, if you successfully hack somebody your name shows up on their log, and they can retaliate.

5. If another player disables you it will show on your log. If you die from a trap, a mission, or from a fight you started, it won't show.

6. If somebody hacks you and succeeds, yes it comes out of your pool, so spending as you get them is a way to minimize that. (but you still collect research offline.)

Sun May 16, 2010 1:07 am

if you trigger a trap, or if someone sets off one of yours it WILL appear in the log with links.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:24 am

hunter wrote:
if you trigger a trap, or if someone sets off one of yours it WILL appear in the log with links.

Triggering somebody else's trap will show in their log, but not your own. The question was about deaths with no log entries, those are the only reasons I can think of.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:41 am

Triggering someones trap will show in both the defender's and the attacker's log.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:45 am

Barracuda wrote:
Triggering someones trap will show in both the defender's and the attacker's log.

I think its both for every trap, everytime.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:53 am

I can confirm it works both ways, springing a trap allows both the defender and attacker to target each using that log from just that single trap.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:58 am

Barracuda wrote:
I can confirm it works both ways, springing a trap allows both the defender and attacker to target each using that log from just that single trap.

Oh.... I stand corrected then. I didn't recall seeing anything on my log from traps I sprung, but I get so many alerts that they might have been lost in the shuffle.

Sun May 16, 2010 2:03 am

Thank you very much... very helpful...

Somehow I was confusing rank with 'level'... I kept thinking rank was your relative rank to other people (i.e. 136th out of 432,000 players) :)

Sun May 16, 2010 2:12 am

Rank = Level, check the leaderboards. The highest rank is at the top, higher rank = higher level = better in a sense.

Sun May 16, 2010 2:14 am

i have some recent experience with traps. the logs are still fresh :twisted:

i got omicroned, then i omicroned someone else. so i can verify 100% that it is both ways.

Sun May 16, 2010 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]