View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Please check my ship 

Hello everyone, i play GL for a bit more than 1 year, but decided to check if my ship is OK for my rank and am i heading in the right direction.
In short, i decided to go slow ranking while increasing my planets research.
My questions is,
1. Is slow ranking at my rank worth it, judging from your perspective?
2. Are my deck/rank ratio is okay?
3. Should i change something (besides meta-chron shield, which i used instead of tetra-seekers, ai cores and other misc stuff to soak up more damage in case someone's attacking me) in ship's modules?
4. Is it OK if i spend 90% of the RP into tactical officers (rarely into decks in case i need to upgrade some modules), and spend nothing into engineers?
5. Overall, what (besides PvP) would you suggest to prioritize at my rank?

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:40 am

Work on your arti production. Get it as high as you possibly again and then get it higher.

Get your obiviation barriers done pronto, as well. Don't put rank points into decks ever again. Rely on ship-bots for this. It's slow and boring when your arti production is low but the day you stop adding decks is the day you look back and regret how many rank points you wasted on decks.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks!
I finished 1st level of obv.shields to get planet structure and switched to more important matters (energy / hull / def).
I didn't research thetas, because upkeep would be too high.
I collect shipbots for anubix for now, or should i postpone it for later?
Also, i collect helmsmen for anubix and velox.
Same for xcharge cells for aegis.

Is it possible to be able to reach max. arti capacity twice a day?
And what do you think, is amount of AP per hour related to the quality of arts you receive?

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Akumu wrote:
Thanks!
I finished 1st level of obv.shields to get planet structure and switched to more important matters (energy / hull / def).
I didn't research thetas, because upkeep would be too high.
I collect shipbots for anubix for now, or should i postpone it for later? Anubix's 3% attack is worth it, but that depends on how often your legion hits level 5+ bases and how often you get to raid. It took a few months to get my anubix up to rank 100
Same for xcharge cells for aegis. Don't save cells for the Aegis until you have around 3k shields. You get more shield per cell by directly using them than you would get per cell from putting them into the Aegis (again... until your shields hit about 3k)

Is it possible to be able to reach max. arti capacity twice a day? yes, it's very possible, and gets easier as you rank up. I cap in 8 hours
And what do you think, is amount of AP per hour related to the quality of arts you receive? Higher AP collected results in better artifacts until you hit 20k. Mass storage pods use 20k AP, but only give you 60 cargo space; tesseract containers cost 1750 AP and give you 10 cargo space

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Just thought i'd post an update.
I intend on maxing out the research on reactors and jammers then selling research pts to get better guns, quasi-chaotics, for example.
I know i'm low on both art.pts production and crew, and i'm workin' on it. Currently i set myself an objective of 2000 engineers, then getting more TOs. Besides, artifact production will be raised by mission exotic i intend on getting soon(besides, hooray!).

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 am

It's nice seeing somebody under rank 500 who isn't petrified of adding decks to their ship. That said, unless you are deliberately going for the "everything/completist build" (i.e. stick every mod you can find on your ship), I'd stop adding decks for now, and start replacing less efficient mods with better ones that come along.

For example, you are at 2720/2724 space right now -- 4 free spaces. So if/when you upgrade to Thetacrons, instead of adding decks to accommodate their larger size, just uninstall two of your less-efficient Hypercharged Bane Emitters (28 space) while swapping out for the newer cannons. You will gain 344 attack with no increase to your damage cap (of course, feel free to swap something else out to add back those Bane Emitters when you are invading if you need a little extra kick!). Whenever possible repeat that process for the newer/better modules that come along. That said, if you enjoy installing everything you find on your ship, please ignore the above advice.

Given all the stuff you're installing + the rising cost of invasion (doubt it stings now, but it will!), you should probably colonize/create/invade at least 3-4 more Very Large, 16x Toxics to provide yourself with a financial cushion. Even if you don't need the credits now, it's always nice to have more, and EM is growing in value.

I think others have beaten the "get your arti up" and suggested what to research, so I'll leave that alone. Good luck!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 pm

chiaroscuro wrote:
Akumu wrote:
Same for xcharge cells for aegis. Don't save cells for the Aegis until you have around 3k shields. You get more shield per cell by directly using them than you would get per cell from putting them into the Aegis (again... until your shields hit about 3k)

Wait until 10K, not 3K.

100 cells is 500 shield, meaning that that 5% buff has to provide more shields than 500 to make that 5% worth more than the raw shield strength of the cells.

5% of 10,000 is 500. So only at 10,000 shield does it become worth while.

( If you want to be extremely precise, you could do it at 9,700 as the module provides a raw 300 shield, which would work to get you to the 10K needed. )

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:33 am
Profile WWW

Or you could just do it whenever you want.

:shock:

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:48 am

Pongoloid wrote:

I felt that part went without saying. :P

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:53 am
Profile WWW

Empmortakaten wrote:
Pongoloid wrote:

I felt that part went without saying. :P
lol yes, but sometimes I feel it needs to be said, since I've seen people in these here parts treat anything that isn't the absolute tightest, most efficient manner of dealing with your ship as the end of the frikken' world.

FYI I got my Aegis long before it was efficient just cuz I like how they look and knew they'd end up on my ship anyway. Fully aware that it wasn't the best way, just the funnest way for me. Maybe I got disabled one or two more times than I would have because of this choice? I dunno. But hey they're purty.

:P

Akumu: how close are you to unlocking Taltherian, Litheor, or Uldri?

Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 am

I agree with 100% of everything pongoloid suggested. His suggestions will definitely help you in the long run. That 16x mega rich financial cushion he mentioned will definitely prepare you for havoc coil upgrades too.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:11 am

Thank you very much for your replies! I will really have to sift through my modules with module efficiency chart table(which can be found on wiki btw) in my hand.
On the other note, i will take that advice about aegis, and won't install 'em until i get at least 3k raw shields. To be honest, i lack patience to get to 10k, given i played roughly 1.5 years to this point and got only about 1.5k shields. Even given the fact i will get 3-5 XC cells each day, it would take approx. 8500/25=360+ days, almost 1 year. Hmmm.... Well, we'll see when we get there.
I got my mission exotic and raised AP production by 760 and working on raising it to 2k+ (hoveroid,trelith,TOI, etc).
By my slow ranking i mean i will only do legion missions and tap elites to get CTP. And, OFC, badging.
Also, forgot bases.
"I'm loyal through and through" (c) Tenacious D

Last edited by Akumu on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:30 am

Empmortakaten wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
Akumu wrote:

Wait until 10K, not 3K.

100 cells is 500 shield, meaning that that 5% buff has to provide more shields than 500 to make that 5% worth more than the raw shield strength of the cells.

( If you want to be extremely precise, you could do it at 9,700 as the module provides a raw 300 shield, which would work to get you to the 10K needed. )

No, I meant 3k shields.

Each xcharge cell gives you 5 shields, so as you said, 100 cells will give you 500 shields. However, the Aegis Capacitor gives you 300 shields for 100 xcharge cells, as well as a 5% shield bonus; for the first aegis, then, the amount of shield from the aegis becomes worth it at

x + 500 = (x+300)*(1.05), where x = amount of shields you have without the aegis (this doesn't factor in shield:deck ratio)

x = 3700 for the first capacitor

For all three aegis capacitors, they're worth it at

x + 1500 = (x+900)*(1.05)^3, x = 2907 shields

I didn't factor in decks because I'm lazy xD

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Personaly, I would rebuke the claim that ageis capacitors are worthwhile at 3k decks. What you mean is the cell cost and sheild provided break even, but you throw 20-60 decks away to keep them installed. I'd say that they can be seen as worthwile when they provide a 10:1 sheild:deck ratio bonus. So your looking for 700 sheild per moduel. aka 400 sheild from the 5% so 7700 sheild without any ageis installed for them to start paying off.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Peticks wrote:
Personaly, I would rebuke the claim that ageis capacitors are worthwhile at 3k decks. What you mean is the cell cost and sheild provided break even, but you throw 20-60 decks away to keep them installed. I'd say that they can be seen as worthwile when they provide a 10:1 sheild:deck ratio bonus. So your looking for 700 sheild per moduel. aka 400 sheild from the 5% so 7700 sheild without any ageis installed for them to start paying off.

If you bring in decks, then things start to get complicated - if someone has a ship with 3k decks, then does it matter if 60 of those decks are used for shield vs cloak (or any other stat)? What if they have obviators installed - when is it better to switch out one for aegises? For ssbs, when is hull sufficient enough that deck space can be freed up for shields? That's why I just go with the shield per cell calculation xD

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Empmortakaten wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
Akumu wrote:

Wait until 10K, not 3K.

So the cells provide 500 bonus. And the module provides 300 shield AND a 5% bonus. I got this

(500-300)/.05 = 4000

More than 4k shields? You can get more benefit out of that 5% bonus.

Don't believe? Watch.

4000 + 500 = 4,500? Simple so far right?

4000*1.05 + 300 = 4,500. Okay. So now we see the even point here. Let's go above it shall we?

9,700 + 500 = 10,200. Easy?

9,700 * 1.05 + 300 = 10,485 ... Yep.

Math. Do it right. It helps.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 am

chiaro:scuro wrote:
Peticks wrote:

If you bring in decks, then things start to get complicated - if someone has a ship with 3k decks, then does it matter if 60 of those decks are used for shield vs cloak (or any other stat)? What if they have obviators installed - when is it better to switch out one for aegises? For ssbs, when is hull sufficient enough that deck space can be freed up for shields? That's why I just go with the shield per cell calculation xD

DERP, I meant I would rebuke the claim that ageis capacitors are worthwile at 3k sheild ;)

But essentialy its my view that untill your GAIN by building them is more than 200 per they are not worth getting. But thats just my view ;)

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Pongoloid wrote:

Sorry for missing your question.
I haven't even started, and have no intention to start yet. I intend to have some fun badging before it gets too troublesome at higher ranks.
As for other races, i think i'll go mylarai builder first, then some zolazin\drannik\xecti\etc for medal.
Far in future (can't bet my word on that though) at R500+ i'll go talth for a looong time and uldri\litheor, ofc. But creds go first. Medals too.
Siffice to say, i gone kronyn(which i heard isn't too popular, mainly for medals) for about 6+ month, i think? Or even maybe longer. This goes without saying that research is still useful even after you research'd all branches except legion ones.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Akumu wrote:
Pongoloid wrote:

I haven't even started, and have no intention to start yet. I intend to have some fun badging before it gets too troublesome at higher ranks.
As for other races, i think i'll go mylarai builder first, then some zolazin\drannik\xecti\etc for medal.
Far in future (can't bet my word on that though) at R500+ i'll go talth for a looong time and uldri\litheor, ofc. But creds go first. Medals too.
Siffice to say, i gone kronyn(which i heard isn't too popular, mainly for medals) for about 6+ month, i think? Or even maybe longer. This goes without saying that research is still useful even after you research'd all branches except legion ones.

I would advise skipping mylarai, skipping kronyn, skipping zolazin. Unlock talth as soon as you can and stick with that for a long time. NEVER GO BUILDER!!!! Buying toxic uplifts is a cheap way to get your mining high enough to cover upkeep. Excavator is the best profession by far, especially for talth.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Mwchism wrote:
Akumu wrote:
Pongoloid wrote:

I would advise skipping mylarai, skipping kronyn, skipping zolazin. Unlock talth as soon as you can and stick with that for a long time. NEVER GO BUILDER!!!! Buying toxic uplifts is a cheap way to get your mining high enough to cover upkeep. Excavator is the best profession by far, especially for talth.

I'd dissagree with the avoidation of zolazin as the chain itself is extremely short compared to most of the others and it provides one of the best abilities in the game. The sabotage allows better chances of the planets you invade and therefore better production growth. Talth is slighly better though so after going zolazin I would say work on getting energy up to the point you can autorank the talth chain

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next