View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 TheBandit's new ship log...Useful for comparisons; Rank 684 

Bump for changes to the OP. Could I get some feedback, please? (I am an NPCer, so the general philosophy I know for priority is Atk, NRG, Hull, Def/Shield, Scan/Cloak) Also, will start keeping past stats included AFTER rank 200)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:11 am

How are you doing with colonizing/invading efficient planets?

What are your productions at the moment?

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Ludis wrote:
How are you doing with colonizing/invading efficient planets?

What are your productions at the moment?

All in the OP at the start, but just to clarify, little over 1k Min, little over 2k Art, little over 4k Res. I can generally invade pretty well.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Perhaps an npcing SSB is a daunting task for you. Right now, when I see your ship, it looks like a glass cannon that is easy to raid and it basically appears to others like a missile target.

Adding all the attack from the modules you have that give attack does show that you have a lot lesser tactical officers on you.

At this point, I'd probably recommend you to give up SSB to increase decks enough for efficient defense modules and allow your ship to install more efficient scans because to me, a scan efficient ship with lots of crew is much more efficient than an SSB.

You are ranking a lot faster than I thought, but you are not getting as much production as I have hoped.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:37 am

Im just here to comment as I see you raised a statement about my ship (Maelstrom). This is actually my second ship as well, and I truly only have a little bit over a year of playtime on this ship. However, for evaluation purposes, I maintain that my ship experience is nearing 2 years (this is to take into consideration the artis, planets and credits I left behind for my reset).

That said, I am a slow ranker but my gains only come partially from slow ranking. You dont get 10k+ TOs as a slow ranker when your <rank200. The key point here is my build consists of maximizing my AP while slow ranking. That comes from trading. It is not an easy path to take, and takes a lot of time (in the context of active dedication. Ie: hawking the GTC and trade forums/groups as opposed to just logging in for weeks and collecting without ranking). It's also a part of the reason I don't do that as much anymore as my AP is enough to sustain me pretty decently at this point.

It only took me a little over 8 months to go from 4-5k AP to what I have now. Before that, my new ship was almost 5 months old, reason being I wanted the Black Hat medal. 5 months spent on that, nearly no TMs used. Yes it was a waste of time. But for me it was a personal achievement that few have. I had barely touched the GTC yet at that point, but had an AP growth similar to a trader due to my returning planets. In that time frame I still grew my ship to 5.5k attack and 4.5k defense. I was still very involved in my legion though and managed a leader position. Once I got the medal, I decided to trade actively. You should be able to do the same. I could've ranked faster and grew my ship faster, but because of the playstyle I chose, I still outstrip most slow rankers that have ranked smilarly to me because of my AP advantage and trading advantage.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:30 am

Thanks for posting trinity. Well done on your ship trinity. It continues to grow stronger with a lot of artifact production gains despite ranking.

So much yes to your post. +1 to Trinity.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:23 am

Replieees! I have finished with a SSB. I could see it wasn't for me, I am too impatient. Combat rep as well is not a problem for me, and I have taken to collecting small artifact shipments anyway (4-8 hours, never full). Yes, I am a glass cannon, but I also don't PvP. So from a NPCing point of view, where defense matters less, and it is all about attack and NRG to experience ratio, would you say it works? (Also just boosted my NRG by 400 whilst losing 200 shield and about 200 atk. Worthy loss?)

As for artifact production, slow ranking for me is a no-no. It is impossible for me to slow rank AND NPC. Also, the higher the rank, the more decks etc, more modules, THAT is, imo, when you should slow rank. As you also have more planet slots and better production. Trading; That requires intimate knowledge of the best prices and is again best at a higher level, when you can uplift arti planets to sell, and smash RTC for CTP (I can do that now, just not enough).

Ludis, I like where you are going with your ideas here, they are really good. Will just require more decks for more defence I aim for hull first, NRG before that).

Trinity, the life of a trader is just not for me, sadly. But you seem to have grasped it, so I wish you luck.

Thank you both for your help and advice...

Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:23 am

Hmm, are you aware of high ranked elite bosses like the Attiroth, Lazuli, Carrier?

Those things pack quite a punch to anyones ship and have abilities to weaken your ship.

I fear that your ship will have a bit of trouble with that kind of npc in later ranks, even if you had a lot of credits to repair hull, nanodrones to repair hull, and shield redtorers to repair shields, while your ship is buffed.

Well, that is why is suggested efficient scanning modules. To add on to that, I' ll say that people do not have to fear adding decks if they can install scans using them to find good planets.

Suggesting a large crew to go with adding decks is a smart idea in conjunction to me. That gives a little wiggle room to install more scans when you feel it is right to increase decks.

Basically increasing deck space slowly as needed for extra scans with an efficient crew was the idea.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:58 am

I see what you mean now, and yes, I was aware but have no exp dealing with them bosses. If they are the ranks later in the game, I should get a fair bit more def. As for a crew, well i wont deny my crew is falling behind. It is something that comes with better arti though. As for scanning, i just generally blitz with modules. I sometimes add a Tachyon Cylinder or a Sensor if i have the spare space for the 50 scan needed to find Assassins and Troop Carriers.
Also, adding lots of scan dilutes the NPC pool, and I am only NPCing to level up to get Drannik. Once I get that, then the real hunt begins...I do understand though, more scan with more crew needed.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:16 am

The scan modules don't have to be on all the time, so you can keep them broken when you are not using them because broken modules have no upkeep.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Haha yaaay, more clutter :P

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Bumping for update to OP

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:52 pm

TheBandit wrote:
Bumping for update to OP

this is a poor way of doing things. no one who replies can see the OP without switching back to another page ... hence you will get fewer replies.

the better option is to add a link on your OP to the most recent post. that way, when folks reply, the context of that reply is made evident.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
TheBandit wrote:
Bumping for update to OP

this is a poor way of doing things. no one who replies can see the OP without switching back to another page ... hence you will get fewer replies.

the better option is to add a link on your OP to the most recent post. that way, when folks reply, the context of that reply is made evident.

Ah thank you for that. I could even just link my ship log to my sig...

Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Oooooor ... make log pictures and text updates etc. whichever whatever. Keep a record of all of them in the OP and post them in the update portion as well. That way when you update people see the most relevant information and can also see progress by going to the first post in the thread.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:01 pm

I haven't figured out how to post screenshots. I could always Quote and just change the logs. But in all honesty, i was going to start that at Rank 200. That is when I will start getting the better NPCs...

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Quote:
All Rescued Prisoners and Rank Points going into decks.

Gah!

Yeah... try to end that as soon as you can. What is your goal for total number of decks?

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Arc Light wrote:
Quote:

Gah!

Yeah... try to end that as soon as you can. What is your goal for total number of decks?

Roughly 1300 decks. That is fitting adequate def, all hulls and a little scan.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
TheBandit wrote:
Arc Light wrote:
Quote:

Gah!

Roughly 1300 decks. That is fitting adequate def, all hulls and a little scan.

Ship bots bro, ship bots

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:17 pm

My artifact prod is asking me 'What are Ship Bots?'

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next