View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Need answer quick please 

If somebody has a locked spot on a boss an he gets kicked from the legion, does he still get a drop?
Thanks !!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Leviii wrote:
If somebody has a locked spot on a boss an he gets kicked from the legion, does he still get a drop?
Thanks !!

yes

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Arrgh, too bad.
Thanks for the fast reply though :)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:59 pm

yeah, there are some *unnamed interlopers* who make a habit of drifting into legions, locking npc's and then drifting out again.

this does not work with bases though, so at AU we use the soft.kick as a penalty for overhitting on a shared base.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:10 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
yeah, there are some *unnamed interlopers* who make a habit of drifting into legions, locking npc's and then drifting out again.

I've done it before, full locks or better on NPCs that barely get killed otherwise in fairly dead legions which only have a handful of heavy NPCers or team players. Don't see the harm, many of the regulars in the legion overlock because all the slots don't normally get filled. I'm not the only one that's done it, and I had friendly conversations with the other ships in said legions when I revisited them, so I'm pretty sure it's not the faux pas that the asterix you used imply.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 am

senatorhung wrote:
this does not work with bases though, so at AU we use the soft.kick as a penalty for overhitting on a shared base.

Are you serious? And they actually come back? I know I wouldn't.

BTW, I'd like to point out that your "softkick" punishment... It punishes the whole legion. You know, that whole Loyalty Bonus on your Base production?

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 am
Profile WWW

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
Darth Flagitious wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

BTW, I'd like to point out that your "softkick" punishment... It punishes the whole legion. You know, that whole Loyalty Bonus on your Base production?

Yeah that sounds like the worst way to help your legion at all

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:07 am

Darth Flagitious wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

i don't see how exo.clamping is any punishment at all - the offender gets the benefit of the base raid AND the offender's legion gets the benefit of the clamp ... so there is no incentive to discourage the overhitting from happening again and your battle pact partners lose out over and over again.

the soft.kick works because it punishes the offender (and prevents them from getting their base raid) and the offender's legion (yes, i know about the loyalty bonus ... hence the concept of not incentivizing over.hitting). we don't usually enforce it on solo'd bases (that's where we expect clamping), only on those shared with our battle pact partners. and yes, most members come back. the ones that don't, we don't need anyway as they will likely just cause the legion more trouble in the future.

_____________Image

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:15 am
Profile WWW

When u kick them send them to my legion we appreciate active players

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:52 am

detregets wrote:

it's a soft.kick. we try to time it so that they are online and can re.apply right away, unless the base is about to go down.

but yeah, any beggars, soft.lockers, and malcontents i will be happy to send to you so you can have the headache.

_____________Image

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:40 am
Profile WWW

The exo clamp idea was created to make people spend the silvers they got from over hitting on the base, and to make restitution to their legion mates who were cheated because someone didn't follow the rules. It's the idea of justice being restitution instead of "punishment."

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 pm

senatorhung wrote:
detregets wrote:

it's a soft.kick. we try to time it so that they are online and can re.apply right away, unless the base is about to go down.

but yeah, any beggars, soft.lockers, and malcontents i will be happy to send to you so you can have the headache.

The exo clamp should be a first time offense punishment. Maybe afterwards the "soft-kick" can apply, but as said above, it's not only punishing the offender, but the whole legion.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:52 pm

ive dealt with this issue before but for us it was much more sever as there was someone who would lock a base, we'll use a glass 5 or 6 for example let it live for about a minute or 2 and then trash it, leaving a dead base locked for 8 hours that may have only had 3 people on it out of 40+ that could have, had it lived for at least an hour. did nothing the first time save state how it was a waste, and inconsiderate to everyone else who could have gotten badges / raid. 2nd time it happend i warned them, 3rd time it happened i did nothing and waited for them to lock another similar base, then booted them as soon as they did, before they had a chance to hit.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]