View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Continuum Parsers 

Hi, I am a new player (lvl 60) and is currently a SSB. So, I am wondering how space efficient continuum parsers are and if it is suitable for an SSB. I am slightly confused on the ways you can calculate the stats/deck ratio for the parser since it has 3 stats.
Are the stats: 80/30=2.67 atk(or scan or cloak)/deck
OR
80/10 = 8 atk(or scan or cloak)/deck- since it has 3 stats so it is equivalent to arming 3 different mods at once?

Thanks!

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:49 am

It really depends on whether or not you want/need the scan and cloak stats Meow, as to whether or not the parsers will be worthwhile for you.

If you do want the extra cloak and scan, then the deck efficiency is good for a player at your rank.
If not, especially for an SSB, then the deck efficiency is bad.

If I was you, I would probably only install them for scan runs, hard invade attempts or maybe hacking sprees.
Actually, at Rank 1325, that's still exactly how I use them :)

Good luck with everything and hope you enjoy the game!

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:31 am

Meow wrote:
Hi, I am a new player (lvl 60) and is currently a SSB. So, I am wondering how space efficient continuum parsers are and if it is suitable for an SSB. I am slightly confused on the ways you can calculate the stats/deck ratio for the parser since it has 3 stats.
Are the stats: 80/30=2.67 atk(or scan or cloak)/deck
OR
80/10 = 8 atk(or scan or cloak)/deck- since it has 3 stats so it is equivalent to arming 3 different mods at once?

for combo mods i not consider that equivalent to multiple mods, so i would use the 80/30. this means that parsers generally are NOT worth it for a SSB.

the other thing to consider as a SSB, that the more mods you have installed on your ship, the more scrolling / paging you will have to do when switching out mods. there are a few mods that i wish i had left in cargo, and parsers are included there. hey wait, i can get more parsers from base crates ... i'ma gonna trash the ones on my ship now lol.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:23 am
Profile WWW

For continuum parsers, I'd highly recommend not putting them on yet. You'll have the option of putting them on later as your max damage increases every rank. That is (Rank+19/2) and the amount of decks you need to be an efficient SSB is (Rank + 19). Just hold on to them for now and focus on other efficient modules like Hull and Relays and maybe some % modules like velox thrusters.

Right now, the recommended deck space for you is 79 and continuum parsers aren't worth putting on yet. I'd probably put on all the hull modules I can get if I were you rather than continuum parsers right now.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:05 am

Thank you all for your help! It seems that parsers are only good for scan runs. or are they worthless pieces of metal and should be scrapped?

@senatorhung didn't think of the scrolling issue lol. I usually sell them away when I don't foresee a researched module being used in some time. I am not at a level hihg enough / have done enough missions to get that many artis though.
@Ludis What do you mean by my max damage increasing every rank? isn't it dependent on the ship size of the player i am hitting?

Now I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong as I don't really have my relays installed yet.(my energy research in only at the second tier lol) I am at the optimal size of 79 right now with 3 protean armories and 2 dominions mk 1s permanently installed. I mainly PvP that is what I intend to until level 100. So I do not have that much missions done. (missed out on the summer event GAH!) I only hit NPCs with good artis which are rare so I PvP alot lol.

That takes up 40 decks. My variable modules (that i install and uninstall depending on what I am doing are). I try to keep a scan of above 50 at all times so I can encounter the awesome NPCs with great artis that have like 50 cloak. and the scanner takes up like 28 decks. Moreover, I find that a higher scan gives you more energy efficient targets lol but I am slowing down my ranking now that dark ring is available. ( next stop would be 75 for the Vortul Plating ) so scan used to bring out better target isn't really that impt right now
These are the more widely used modules that I currently have

Crimson Auto laser - 5 deck 25 atk (and one more in my cargo to be deployed/scrapped, waiting for me to have enough deck space)
Trinity-Core Drive(uninstalled) - don't think def is really impt at my rank
Elios Collector*2 (only installed when asleep/ out of energy)
Cipherbot*2- (often paired with the Elios collector)
Wideband Scanner- to bring my scan above 50

So,This is what it would looked like with when I am in energy recharge mode
http://prntscr.com/43zs95 - don;t know how to insert images properly

And this in my PvP/ praying that I get a good NPC mode
http://prntscr.com/43zu73

Is there anything that I should do like putting on more hulls (merged microgel is my best after the proteans)? Also, is a SS/rank of 15 normal for someone at my level? Kept seeing posts on SS/rank needing to be 30. Thanks and sorry for being so longwinded :P

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Oh, if you are already using a wideband scanner to bump your scan above 50 for NPCs, then I would definitely use the parser instead of that. 2 decks more, but +80 attack and +80 cloak as well.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:28 pm

People can deal max damage to you based on your rank and based on how many decks you have on your ship.

Your rank effects the total amount of damage a person can deal to your ship. (Your Rank +19/2)

Example: You're rank 60, so the max damage a person can deal damage to you would be (60+19/2), which is 39.5.

Your deck space increases the damage dealt to your ship with each one you put on.

Example: You have 79 decks so you (79/2) brings the total damage a ship can deal to your ship is 39.5.

If you have anymore questions please do ask or wait for some like Chiaroscuro to explain this to you.

You can also add me on facebook here: My Facebook

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:34 am

Deigobene wrote:
Oh, if you are already using a wideband scanner to bump your scan above 50 for NPCs, then I would definitely use the parser instead of that. 2 decks more, but +80 attack and +80 cloak as well.

+1 to this

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]