View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Ship improvements 

I keep looking at my ship but keep thinking that it can be improved somehow and wandered if anyone could help. My stats are:

Madadz - Rank 32 (Konqul Fixer)

space: 483 / 483
Attack: 1248 (Light Antiproton Cannon x3, Light Singularity Launcher, Radiant Surge Cannon x2)
Defense: 739 (Phase Shift Engine - Mark III x2, Trinity-Core Drive x2)
Energy: 224 ( Antimatter Reactor - Mark II, Quantum Capacitor - Mark IV, Omicron Injector)
Hull: 3121 (Merged Nexus Armor x3, Protean Armory x2)
Shield: 201 (Harmonic Resonator)
Scan: 26 (Decryption Quad-Frame)
Cloak: 25 (None, ((I have 2 cypherbots but not using either))

Upkeep: 36.9M

Resources (In case it helps)

Minerals: 334
Artifact: 1216
Research: 785

Any suggestion appreciated:)

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:30 am

Ship looks good but u must be ranking insanely slow... i would suggest ranking up a bit to get more planet slots to get a higher production while u slow rank

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks for the advice, I think I might level up up "normally" now (whatever that is), would be stronger with even better production.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Madadz wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I think I might level up up "normally" now (whatever that is), would be stronger with even better production.

What is normal for you? You could get to 50 and just get the Dyson. Go slowly form there...would be my advice...but remember the last time you took my advice lmao?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:16 pm

I would not recommend increasing the amount of planet slots you can have by ranking up if you do not have any efficient planets ready to be colonized.

Work on your crew more because being module dependent alone is not very efficient.

You want to improve the amount of hits you can take from ships that deal max damage to you and dish out more damage without weapons than with weapons alone.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:39 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll get working on expanding the crew

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 am

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
Contrary to what Ludis says I recommend you don't intentionally try to slow your ranking at all. Just spend all your energy and level up when you level up. You need to have open planets for when you do scan planets you want to take or when your legion mates alert something good. Use your rank points for tactical officers and engineers, and use ship bots if you want more decks. Keep pvping, and out of curiosity what legion are you in right now?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:26 pm

ShadowsPoison wrote:
Contrary to what Ludis says I recommend you don't intentionally try to slow your ranking at all.

this is bad advice. and yet Shadows keeps giving it over and over again. ship strength per rank is mostly about time spent in the game. if you have spent more time than someone else at the same rank, you will likely have a stronger ship. there are times when ranking up should not be a concern, but you are not there yet.

you obviously know how to slow rank already. if you are bored with that, then ranking up more quickly will get you into range of some npc's that you do not have access to at the moment. but as Ludis indicated, if you do not have any planets worth invading / colonizing, ranking up as Martya advised just to get more planet slots is a futile approach.

you want at least one open planet slot at all times, but if you have more than that, that you can not fill, slow ranking is completely valid. if your planet slots are full and you have the next target lined up, then ranking up as Martya advised is completely correct ... you should NOT hold yourself up from ranking if you have an unoccupied planet on scan that is worth colonizing.

as for your ship. you have 483 decks, as many as i did when i was rank 464, so you are going to take large amounts of damage from other ships. your fixer profession helps somewhat, but i would focus on getting that third protean pronto. not sure if you should be running with energy mods at all at your rank unless you plan to continue to slow.rank and collect yellows and blues. if you are going to speed.rank ... swap those energy mods out for more hull or defense.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:43 pm
Profile WWW

Yeesh all this "My advice is better than their advice" "No listen to this to do it right"

Simple line- If you are having fun then it doesn't matter one dot how often you rank up... Play the game, stop worrying about rank so much

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
senatorhung wrote:
ShadowsPoison wrote:
Contrary to what Ludis says I recommend you don't intentionally try to slow your ranking at all.

this is bad advice. and yet Shadows keeps giving it over and over again. ship strength per rank is mostly about time spent in the game. if you have spent more time than someone else at the same rank, you will likely have a stronger ship. there are times when ranking up should not be a concern, but you are not there yet.

Time spent with decent ap/h. Don't twiddle your thumbs sub rank 100 and expect it to make any noticeable difference. Senator has solid advice for high ranks, about not ranking up with lots of slots open unless you know you're going to fill them.... Yada yada yada. If you are in a semi decent legion I suspect keeping one slot open will not be enough as your legion mates should have plenty of planets to alert for you, and considering your energy and rank you are not in a position to control your ranking when you have the opportunity to get a new planet. ( Rank 1-4 times to open up a slot ) Senator I think it has been too long since you were a low rank, or you just need to open up to other playstyles besides your legions.

Madadz, here is one route you can go: PVP solely until rank 95 when you unlock the pawlacite thaw. Get proteans, 4 dominion cannons mark 3... Etc. Then mix in rounds of the pawlacite thaw with pvp. Once you finish the pawlacite thaw you'll get a mass surface melter as a reward which you can sell for a lot of ctp. Then just ask if anyone will give you some decent arti planets for your MSM, I am sure someone in one of the top legions would be able to give you plenty of very large rich+ arti planets, and you would be able to fill up all of the planet slots you gained from ranking with ease.

Or you could just listen to umbongo.
umbongo wrote:
Yeesh all this "My advice is better than their advice" "No listen to this to do it right"

Simple line- If you are having fun then it doesn't matter one dot how often you rank up... Play the game, stop worrying about rank so much

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:52 pm

senatorhung wrote:
ShadowsPoison wrote:

you obviously know how to slow rank already. if you are bored with that, then ranking up more quickly will get you into range of some npc's that you do not have access to at the moment. but as Ludis indicated, if you do not have any planets worth invading / colonizing, ranking up as Martya advised just to get more planet slots is a futile approach.

you want at least one open planet slot at all times, but if you have more than that, that you can not fill, slow ranking is completely valid. if your planet slots are full and you have the next target lined up, then ranking up as Martya advised is completely correct ... you should NOT hold yourself up from ranking if you have an unoccupied planet on scan that is worth colonizing.

as for your ship. you have 483 decks, as many as i did when i was rank 464, so you are going to take large amounts of damage from other ships. your fixer profession helps somewhat, but i would focus on getting that third protean pronto. not sure if you should be running with energy mods at all at your rank unless you plan to continue to slow.rank and collect yellows and blues. if you are going to speed.rank ... swap those energy mods out for more hull or defense.

Agreed Senator, I should have been more specific i just assumed slow ranking like u have u had alot of planets scanned we got a slow ranker in my legion who is rank 36 and has as many planets as i do scanned. I would suggest having atleast 1 open slot but dont rank up to get more until u can fill the slots

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:03 pm

umbongo wrote:

This!!

I typically advise people not to slow rank because I personally like having lots of energy and being able to do stuff when I want (which, alas, causes lots of ranking to occur), but I do get that some people find it a challenge to be as "strong for rank" as possible -- and if that works for ya, great!

I wouldn't advise anything that others haven't already suggested: would definitely rank at least a *little* to open up some planet slots (even if you choose to slow rank later, your ship will grow a lot faster with the extra production), and if you are concerned about being disabled/heavily damaged from combat, would be wary of adding decks for the time being.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Thanks again for all the advice, it has given me a lot to think about. I am in The Destroyers ShadowsPoison

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:35 pm

The problem about ranking all over the place is if you are even able to colonize an efficient planet when you have an extra planet slot. It is not worth it if one just simply ranks all over the place without a purpose or plan to improve their gameplay experience.

It's either fast rank and colonize none or bad planets or grab a planet from someone else or save up for better planets or have planets ready to be colonized.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:44 pm

geez, loueez. when folks try to give advice they should AT LEAST look at the info provided by the OP:

Madadz wrote:
Madadz - Rank 32 (Konqul Fixer)

so, race bonus of attack, and profession bonus of hull. bt range: can badge down to rank 19. that is a target.rich environment. speed.ranking out of that range (for someone interested in PvP) makes no sense to me. at the other end of the range, he can currently be badged by those rank 53 and lower. the faster he ranks, the more folks who can badge him, and with his high damage cap, that aint good.

and how do i know Madadz is interested in PvP ?

Madadz wrote:
space: 483 / 483
Attack: 1248 (Light Antiproton Cannon x3, Light Singularity Launcher, Radiant Surge Cannon x2)
Defense: 739 (Phase Shift Engine - Mark III x2, Trinity-Core Drive x2)
Energy: 224 ( Antimatter Reactor - Mark II, Quantum Capacitor - Mark IV, Omicron Injector)
Hull: 3121 (Merged Nexus Armor x3, Protean Armory x2)
Shield: 201 (Harmonic Resonator)
Scan: 26 (Decryption Quad-Frame)
Cloak: 25 (None, ((I have 2 cypherbots but not using either))

trinity.core drive = GP plus expecting to defend against attacks
radiant surge cannon = GP (i would not have bought these but since you have them ...)
protean armory x2 = minimum 160 raids (5.16 raids per rank)
quad-frame plus 2 ciper.bots = minimum 288 hacks (9.29 hacks per rank)

so ship mod suggestions need to be determined in light of what kind of PvP the OP intends to pursue ... either ice.fishing for raids / hacks in which case the attack mods should be swapped out for cloak and scan mods when online and hull and defense when offline. OR eat what you kill to gather up reds and yellows ... which would entail dropping hull, energy, and scan mods in favour of attack (glass cannon build). neither of which require speed.ranking.

Madadz wrote:
Artifact: 1216

if the OP is playing as suggested, with one planet free, this means that he is getting 1216 arti from 8 planets, or 152 arti / planet. for someone at rank 32, who is not likely to have +12s, this is insanely good. my arti production hit 1201 .. at RANK 80 ! and my arti / planet value did not pass 150 until MUCH later.

Martya is on the right track that Madadz can do more scan runs given his deck capacity. but he will still have to focus on unoccupieds as unless he scans an inactive.owned planet, he will not be able to hold it against an active player / legion at his rank.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:59 pm
Profile WWW

^Just wanted to point out that at his rank, PvPing for reds may as well be speed ranking, since the xp gained isn't that much less than from NPCing, and the total amount of xp between ranks is very little.

Carry on.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 pm

chiaro:scuro wrote:
^Just wanted to point out that at his rank, PvPing for reds may as well be speed ranking, since the xp gained isn't that much less than from NPCing, and the total amount of xp between ranks is very little.

Carry on.

One way to counter this is to only target Laughables with the biggest ships...which is quite easy given his power, he could pretty much cap them (from what I know about it). Less energy, less exp used

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:00 pm

I agree with going to rank 50 and getting Dyson. Can easily double arti production doing it.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]