View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Firewall? What Firewall medal 

Hi, does anyone know how the calculations work? So if i am under a QFT effect, how can i maximise my crit hack? Do i install all my cipherbots to get the hack boost or should i just maximise my scan?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:40 pm

I'd recommend that you hit a quantum fire wall trap first and then use a dark pyramid.

For scans, you will have a higher chance of getting a critical hack when you have more of it.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

There is no way to maximize your critical hack chances. Crit Hacks have a fixed % chance of occurring.

So the best you can do is do as Ludis said, find a friendly person who will let you hit their QFT, then spam them with flares/clouders till their scan/cloak(prevent counterhacks) is low enough, and hack away.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:02 pm

ok. I have a friend who is willing to work together with me to get the medal. She is willing to remove all scan/cloak for the medal. So we are kind of helping one another. So I should just maximise my scan and ignore the hack boost from cipher bots? Since crti hacks has a fixed %, HAck boosting artis like Sha'din Algorithm is useless then right?

I am using the standard scan artis like tac cylinder, sub space seekers and continuum beacons to raise my scan.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:12 pm

The hack % artifacts increase your chance of a successful hack, and make it harder to be counter hacked presumably. So by making you more likely to succeed it could be argued that they increase your chance of a crit hack as you will have fewer failed hacks, but that is splitting hairs.

All you can do is hack your friend ad-nauseum and hope for the crit hack to come quickly.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Serne wrote:
The hack % artifacts increase your chance of a successful hack, and make it harder to be counter hacked presumably. So by making you more likely to succeed it could be argued that they increase your chance of a crit hack as you will have fewer failed hacks, but that is splitting hairs.

All you can do is hack your friend ad-nauseum and hope for the crit hack to come quickly.

Actually, counter to that, the hack % items just increase the amounts of research you can steal with every hack.

Sad, i know.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:35 pm

omg that is going to be so painful. I got like 3 crit hacks when i am not under QFT. Even got a crit hack with only 1 scan

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]