View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 2014 Summer Seasonal Event 2: The Chuhn 

TheBandit wrote:
If this is true, you are looking at, instead of an 80k pull, more like 95-100k. In my opinion, seriously worth it.

5,035,144.4 Artifact Points Yesterday
5,792,176.6 Artifact Points Today

Bonus: 12,6147.2 per person

Tomorrow will be even higher as we added two new trade pacts and then in 1 month, it will go up again.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:53 pm

That's something I could get into haha :) now we just need the Mods

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:23 pm

That is from a lvl 9 base mind you...

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Litheor:

Quote:
The Chuhn -Yes... but... wait... I recognize your rocky appearance now. You're Litheor. I thought you were from a different galaxy.

-We came from another, yes. Due to a grave misunderstanding, we became cut from our main spiral. This is our home now.

The Chuhn -So, you also have the capability of intergalactic travel?

-No, not in the same way. The method used by the Seedshard would be incompatible with trade and diplomacy. It simply takes too long.

The Chuhn -A shame.

-Did you manage to come across a race called the Vaash during your travels?

The Chuhn -Vaash? Oh, yes. Long ago. We... generally avoid them, however.

-Why is that?

The Chuhn -Many deals gone bad. Their propensity for deception and counterfeit runs deep. The worst was then they traded us a large batch of what we thought was high grade Furlinium-D.

-I wouldn't think that traders of your caliber would be easily fooled.

The Chuhn -The Vaash had a way of being very convincing. Needless to say that we no longer do business with them. How exactly did you encounter them?

-We've been at war with them for generations.

The Chuhn -Should we pass through your main galaxy again, I will be sure to inform your leaders of your situation.

-Thank you. The Seedshard will not likely devote more resources to re-establish a beacon here, however.

The Chuhn -Time will tell.

-What about the Chuhn? Have you ever been stranded... like us?

The Chuhn -Intergalactic travelers face that risk... but we prefer not to discuss any specific situations. We haven't had an incident since implementing new failsafe procedures.

-When was the last time?

The Chuhn -...It was very long ago. Things have changed considerably.

-If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage to navigate intergalactically?

The Chuhn -The technology is proprietary. I can tell you that the process is extremely energy-intensive, difficult, and sometimes hard to predict.

-You developed the process?

The Chuhn -Oh... no. However, we like to keep other details private.

-I assume you wouldn't be willing to trade for such technology?

The Chuhn -There isn't a price anyone could pay.

-Aren't you concerned that other races you encounter would want to take it for themselves?

The Chuhn -We've been fortunate. Along our aimless journey, we have traded for technologies that, so far, have prevented such piracy. We have no problem dealing with thieves.

-What do you do, wipe them out?

The Chuhn -Of course not. Besides, it wouldn't be necessary. The overly aggressive races in this supercluster typically die off much faster than the others. We have survived so long because we avoid situations that could result in our annihilation.

-Well... I hope you do decide to return.

The Chuhn -We will. So far, it seems this galaxy has a lot to offer. We may not wait so long next time.

Prejor section:
Quote:
-I'm curious... are you familiar with the Prejor?

The Chuhn -Yes...but... How do you know of them??

-They left here some time ago... remnants of their technology still remain.

The Chuhn -They were... here?

-They must have left in a hurry, though, we're not sure why.

The Chuhn -The Prejor are notorious galactic slavers.

-Where did they go?

The Chuhn -We're not exactly sure, but we find traces of them all the time. At their peak, several galaxies were organized like massive prisons. If slaves managed to escape, it would trigger an alarm from the galactic core.

-That sounds exactly like what happened to us... but we weren't imprisoned within their slave shields.

The Chuhn -Your galaxy was likely enslaved long before your race evolved... your planet wouldn't have been a target.

-You didn't detect them when you came through last time?

The Chuhn -No. They must have already left.

-But why would they have abandoned the galaxy?

The Chuhn -I'm not sure... only the Prejor would be able to answer that.

-Are they really that evil? They helped us deactivate their system. It would have destroyed us.

The Chuhn -It was probably accidental that it wasn't disabled when they left. They always have a motive.

-So you think they want to eventually return? They wanted us alive?

The Chuhn -That would be my guess.

-Well... If they do come, we'll be especially grateful for your next visit.

The Chuhn -Indeed, it would be interesting...

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:20 pm

In regards to the ship modules, is the double bonus permanent? Or is literally only in effect when you are that race or profession. It sounds like the former, but I was wondering if anyone could verify.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Taltherian dialogue, with Prejor chain not completed...

Quote:
We bring goods and relics from the far edges of the surrounding clusters. We are interested in what unique things you may have to offer in this galaxy

We won't be here long, but would love to establish avenues of trade if possible.

>> We are excited about your visit. Our merchants are especially eager to see what you are offering.

Our ships will be traveling through various sites. We'll try to use your major trade routes.

>> Have you been to this Galaxy before?

Yes. Unfortunately, your borders were closed to trade at the time... Something about a quarantine.

>> The 0-M7 virus. A dark time for us. We had to abandon everything.

...It was very long ago. Things have changed considerably.

>> If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage to navigate intergalactically?

The technology is proprietary. I can tell you that the process is extremely energy-intensive, difficult, and sometimes hard to predict.

>> You developed the process?

Oh... no. However, we like to keep other details private.

>> I assume you wouldn't be willing to trade for such technology?

There isn't a price anyone could pay.

>> Aren't you concerned that other races you encounter would want to take it for themselves?

We've been fortunate. Along our aimless journey, we have traded for technologies that, so far, have prevented such piracy. We have no problem dealing with thieves.

>> What do you do, wipe them out?

Of course not. Besides, it wouldn't be necessary. The overly aggressive races in this supercluster typically die off much faster than the others. We have survived so long because we avoid situations that could result in our annihilation.

>> Well... I hope you do decide to return.

We will. So far, it seems this galaxy has a lot to offer. We may not wait so long next time.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Kevin9809 wrote:
In regards to the ship modules, is the double bonus permanent? Or is literally only in effect when you are that race or profession. It sounds like the former, but I was wondering if anyone could verify.

You have to be that Race for it to be in effect.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:40 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Kevin9809 wrote:

You have to be that Race for it to be in effect.

Thanks. Glad Dan decided to save us some GP. :P

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:02 pm

Arturo wrote:
Consigliere wrote:
Arturo wrote:
my text talked about the Konqul not being evolved when they last visited. didn't see anything about prejor.

I'm Konqul. It's in there toward the end. Last 5-6 boxes of a rather lengthy story.

Just replayed the dialog. There was nothing about at all about the prejor. I haven't finished that mission chain yet though.

I can confirm if you do not have The Neverending Saga medal, the Chuhn don't mention the Prejor.

There appear to be four parts to the dialogue...

PART I:

Introduction wrote:
We bring goods and relics from the far edges of the surrounding clusters. We are interested in what unique things you may have to offer in this galaxy

We won't be here long, but would love to establish avenues of trade if possible.

We are excited about your visit. Our merchants are especially eager to see what you are offering.

Our ships will be traveling through various sites. We'll try to use your major trade routes.

Have you been to this Galaxy before?

Part II is Race-Specific
Litheor-Specific wrote:
Yes... but... wait... I recognize your rocky appearance now. You're Litheor. I thought you were from a different galaxy.

We came from another, yes. Due to a grave misunderstanding, we became cut from our main spiral. This is our home now.

So, you also have the capability of intergalactic travel?

No, not in the same way. The method used by the Seedshard would be incompatible with trade and diplomacy. It simply takes too long.

A shame.

Did you manage to come across a race called the Vaash during your travels?

Vaash? Oh, yes. Long ago. We... generally avoid them, however.

Why is that?

Many deals gone bad. Their propensity for deception and counterfeit runs deep. The worst was then they traded us a large batch of what we thought was high grade Furlinium-D.

I wouldn't think that traders of your caliber would be easily fooled.

The Vaash had a way of being very convincing. Needless to say that we no longer do business with them. How exactly did you encounter them?

We've been at war with them for generations.

Should we pass through your main galaxy again, I will be sure to inform your leaders of your situation.

Thank you. The Seedshard will not likely devote more resources to re-establish a beacon here, however.

Time will tell.

What about the Chuhn? Have you ever been stranded... like us?

Intergalactic travelers face that risk... but we prefer not to discuss any specific situations. We haven't had an incident since implementing new failsafe procedures.

When was the last time?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taltherian-Specific wrote:
Yes. Unfortunately, your borders were closed to trade at the time... Something about a quarantine.

The 0-M7 virus. A dark time for us. We had to abandon everything.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uldrinan-Specific wrote:
(This entire part is skipped if you are an Uldrinan. It goes straight from the introduction into the Chuhn-specific section.)

PART III:
Chuhn-Specific wrote:
...It was very long ago. Things have changed considerably.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage to navigate intergalactically?

The technology is proprietary. I can tell you that the process is extremely energy-intensive, difficult, and sometimes hard to predict.

You developed the process?

Oh... no. However, we like to keep other details private.

I assume you wouldn't be willing to trade for such technology?

There isn't a price anyone could pay.

Aren't you concerned that other races you encounter would want to take it for themselves?

We've been fortunate. Along our aimless journey, we have traded for technologies that, so far, have prevented such piracy. We have no problem dealing with thieves.

What do you do, wipe them out?

Of course not. Besides, it wouldn't be necessary. The overly aggressive races in this supercluster typically die off much faster than the others. We have survived so long because we avoid situations that could result in our annihilation.

Well... I hope you do decide to return.

We will. So far, it seems this galaxy has a lot to offer. We may not wait so long next time.

PART IV:
Prejoran-Specific wrote:
I'm curious... are you familiar with the Prejor?

Yes...but... How do you know of them??

They left here some time ago... remnants of their technology still remain.

They were... here?

They must have left in a hurry, though, we're not sure why.

The Prejor are notorious galactic slavers.

Where did they go?

We're not exactly sure, but we find traces of them all the time. At their peak, several galaxies were organized like massive prisons. If slaves managed to escape, it would trigger an alarm from the galactic core.

That sounds exactly like what happened to us... but we weren't imprisoned within their slave shields.

Your galaxy was likely enslaved long before your race evolved... your planet wouldn't have been a target.

You didn't detect them when you came through last time?

No. They must have already left.

But why would they have abandoned the galaxy?

I'm not sure... only the Prejor would be able to answer that.

Are they really that evil? They helped us deactivate their system. It would have destroyed us.

It was probably accidental that it wasn't disabled when they left. They always have a motive.

So you think they want to eventually return? They wanted us alive?

That would be my guess.

Well... If they do come, we'll be especially grateful for your next visit.

Indeed, it would be interesting...

Last edited by Annabell on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:44 am
Profile WWW

Hmm, I don't have the never ending saga medal and yet I had seen the prejor dialogue. I have several of the chapters completed, but not the entire chain. I definitely saw it though.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:27 am

Annabell wrote:
There appear to be four parts to the dialogue...

thanks for the breakout. i had the Mylarai text on the wiki to start with, but the Taltherian included all of that text and more.

i switched to Litheor overnight but did the daily again without re.checking the dialogue. will be curious to see if all the branches for different races continue to follow your 4.part structure.

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/The_Chuhn

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 pm
Profile WWW

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Hmm, I don't have the never ending saga medal and yet I had seen the prejor dialogue. I have several of the chapters completed, but not the entire chain. I definitely saw it though.

Interesting, I've done 8 of 13 Prejoran missions and get only Parts I and III of the dialogue as an Uldrinan.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:15 pm
Profile WWW

Annabell wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

Interesting, I've done 8 of 13 Prejoran missions and get only Parts I and III of the dialogue as an Uldrinan.

I did the Prejor missions up until receiving the scan modules, but no further. Still received the Prejor dialogue.

Maybe it's an Uldri issue?

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
Annabell wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

I did the Prejor missions up until receiving the scan modules, but no further. Still received the Prejor dialogue.

Doubtful, it sounds like the trigger is likely the ninth or tenth mission (Slaves to the Cause or Message from the Prejor).

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:42 pm
Profile WWW

Can you get module drops from the Chuhn NPC trades that don't provide a bonus for your current race? I've only gotten two mods and both get the bonus for my race, so it made me wonder.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Hatfi wrote:
Can you get module drops from the Chuhn NPC trades that don't provide a bonus for your current race? I've only gotten two mods and both get the bonus for my race, so it made me wonder.

Yes

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:09 pm

comaface wrote:
Hatfi wrote:

Yes

Many thanks, comaface.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
Annabell wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

I did the same. The current mission up now is Hidden voices. I haven't done any completions on it. Maybe it has to do with the dialogue in both. Check this out:

Dialogue with the Chuhn

Prejor section:
-I'm curious... are you familiar with the Prejor?

The Chuhn -Yes...but... How do you know of them??

-They left here some time ago... remnants of their technology still remain.

Compare that to

Prejor Dialogue

Mission 9 - Message from the Prejor:

"[Lazuli]...we finally speak. We left your galaxy...long ago, but hear you are having trouble with some of our old...toys. To stop them, you will need to find the Prejor Beacon. To do that, very special sensing equipment will be needed. Build one. "

When you complete that specific mission, it gives you insight into what happened to the Prejor, perhaps thus opening the Prejor dialogue with the Chuhn. Just a guess though.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:24 pm

I used a Sparkmatter and got 2 research, no arti with it.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:47 am

Firekas wrote:
I used a Sparkmatter and got 2 research, no arti with it.

So far I've heard anecdotal evidence that it can give seven variations:

AP:0, RP:1
AP:0, RP:2
AP:1, RP:0
AP:1, RP:1
AP:1, RP:2
AP:2, RP:1
AP:2, RP:0

It's certainly possible that there is also an AP:2, RP:2 variety, I've just not heard of it happening yet.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next