View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Best low level race unlock 

So I am currently lvl 70 and am thinking about going for one of the race unlock mission chains (long term project). So my question is which is best and why(or if I even should)?

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
I would say wait for taltherian, but if you want an unlockable race now do zolazin sab. The chain unlocks you 2 more npc slots, sabbing can make planets a lot easier to take for low levels, and you get a cool ship design/medal for sabbing x amount of times. kronyn isn't a "bad" option either, but taltherian is 10x better than zolazin or kronyn

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:05 pm

DO NOT run thru the taltherian chain until you are at least rank 500, or better 600 after you lose access to a bunch of npc's. my fave targets on my bt are rank 500.ish talths that are WAY too weak due to ranking thru the talth chain before their ship was ready.

zolazin is a nice starter chain ... and unlocks the nicest ship design (i'm a fan of green, what can i say ...)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:50 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
senatorhung wrote:
DO NOT run thru the taltherian chain until you are at least rank 500, or better 600 after you lose access to a bunch of npc's. my fave targets on my bt are rank 500.ish talths that are WAY too weak due to ranking thru the talth chain before their ship was ready.

zolazin is a nice starter chain ... and unlocks the nicest ship design (i'm a fan of green, what can i say ...)

but senator, being talth you can make like 10 or so maxed arti worlds a year purely on talth depending on the planets starting point. I feel it would be beneficial in the long run, although one might take a lot of beatings until they got beefy. gain extra arti instead waiting to do it

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:05 am

Think both choices listed are good and for the reasons stated. I would lean talth due to gain over time, IMHO.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:15 am

senatorhung wrote:

When said ships hit 800 ish though the early talths will be much stronger . and I mean stronger based on rank. They will be actually stronger near immediately. The higher they go the more the early talth will pull ahead, as arti begets more arti.
That's assuming all things other than that are constant.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:18 am

talth is still a good race eventually ... but as a low level race ? that is absurd advice. it does not even get unlocked until rank 260. pay attention to the OP's request.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:25 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
talth is still a good race eventually ... but as a low level race ? that is absurd advice. it does not even get unlocked until rank 260. pay attention to the OP's request.

was just talking about the viability of rushing talth as soon as available. think it can be accomplished by 330ish.
depends on how the player ranks and how often as to what a good early race would be.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:28 am

ShadowsPoison wrote:
you can make like 10 or so maxed arti worlds a year purely on talth depending on the planets starting point.

Let me do some math:

365 days in 1 year = 8,760 hours in one year
8,760 hours in one year = 219 "Urbanize" ability uses (if you are on the dot each time)
Assuming each planet you uplifted started a "Rich" quality, one could uplift 11 planets (and be midway in the process of uplifting a twelth) to 15x MR.

So 10 or so doesn't sound far off.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:10 am

Ok guys I have known for a good while that Taltherian is the penultimate race and I am interested in your discussion (to my noob ears it sounds like a sub discussion of slow V fast ranking), but as one of you mentioned it really doesn't apply to me. The term "low level" is very relative so for me it might actually be "extremely low leveled". To clarify I am referring to the Mylarai, Kronyn, Genetarr, Zolazin, and Xecti chains. So far I have heard Zolazin partially for the race/sab itself and for the rewards of the chain itself (namely battle tab spots). This is very applicable to me as I only have two NPC slots atm. As far as the other races are concerned I am not very interested in the Xecti because I don't care about being badged once and a while, and I am far to low level to realistically guard captured planets or anything else. That leaves the Mylarai, Kronyn, Genetarr (in addistion to Zolazin) to consider as well. I am still considering the Genetarr for two reasons, the energy needed for the chain is very low and they have a medal that sounds like a pain to get (so maybe do it now instead of later since I would miss out on playing even better races if I wait). Finally the Mylarai and Kronyn are both appealing because I definitely need better planets (and I wont be able to scan until I get some 40+ purgers). So I am still on the fence but as of now I am looking at Zolizin.

TL:DR So Zolizin?

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 am

[quote="Tirrk"]Ok guys I have known for a good while that Taltherian is the penultimate race and I am interested in your discussion (to my noob ears it sounds like a sub discussion of slow V fast ranking), but as one of you mentioned it really doesn't apply to me. The term "low level" is very relative so for me it might actually be "extremely low leveled". To clarify I am referring to the Mylarai, Kronyn, Genetarr, Zolazin, and Xecti chains. So far I have heard Zolazin partially for the race/sab itself and for the rewards of the chain itself (namely battle tab spots). This is very applicable to me as I only have two NPC slots atm. As far as the other races are concerned I am not very interested in the Xecti because I don't care about being badged once and a while, and I am far to low level to realistically guard captured planets or anything else. That leaves the Mylarai, Kronyn, Genetarr (in addistion to Zolazin) to consider as well. I am still considering the Genetarr for two reasons, the energy needed for the chain is very low and they have a medal that sounds like a pain to get (so maybe do it now instead of later since I would miss out on playing even better races if I wait). Finally the Mylarai and Kronyn are both appealing because I definitely need better planets (and I wont be able to scan until I get some 40+ purgers). So I am still on the fence but as of now I am looking at Zolizin.

TL:DR So Zolizin?[/quote]
I would go with zolazin, decent race and nice ability. Try to buy some research or mining planets and do the chains later(high ranked simply for the medal).

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 am
Profile WWW

Personally I had Mylarai, and it went pretty well. The advantage fo Mylarai is that you can limit the number of mining planets you have by maxing them all, leaving more space and cash for artifact planet invasions, as well as not having to worry too much about income. However, if your mining is strong, then I would recommend Zolazin.

I have always thought of Xecti as a late game race, as the 40% bonuses are almost irelevant at low levels.
Kronyn is not as good IMO, as you wont have research contracts yet and decent research planets are really easy to find (although that might just have been my experience which never left me lacking of research)
Mylarai and Zolazin are mentioned above already.
I never understood why anyone is Gentarr other than for the medal points assosiated with it.

I dont know when it becomes available, but maybe Drannik is a good shout - it could give you an npc boost, if you are into that sort fo thing. I remember that my npc'ing was lacking a bit around your rank.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:56 am

Ah well, here's my two cents:
All the early races are rubbish and you should only do them for medals if you feel like it.

Mylarai is rubbish because toxics are so plentiful and toxic purifiers so common later.
Just ask any higher ranker and they'll probably max one for you for fun.

Kronyn is rubbish because the usefulness of research is short lived and Planetary Data Optimisers are quite plentiful later.
Just ask any higher ranker and they'll probably max one for you for fun or for a nominal fee.

Xecti is slightly less rubbish, but not greatly useful really until your defense and attack benefit more from the % increase under attack.
By then you should realize that is not really a huge deal.

Genetarr is just rubbishy rubbish, but if you want that medal you may as well get it early because the later bosses where the ability could be useful are generally immune.

Zolazin sab *might* help you take some mediocre to decent planets and is at least cheap energy wise.
Probably the best choice of the lot for me, but still mainly for medal completions rather than real usefulness.

Good luck with whatever you do, or don't, choose to go with, have fun.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:37 am

Perhaps the litheor race is ok if you want to prepare some of your planets before switching to taltherian because the artifact it gives could be useful when placed on your planets. Also being a litheor allows you to become a governor.

On the other hand, litheor race would be much more prefered to be the last race to change to after uprading a planet enough with the taltherian race because the planet artifacts would give a decent boost with an artifact boosted planet.

However, the taltherian race is the most efficient in the long run after all planets have the litheor race's artifact on all planets.

Lastly, the litheor chain can be started early in a tender rank that is acceptable if you start it early, especially if you already got some good artifact planets in stock, but as others have said, starting the taltherian chain and speeding through it can be a problem if you cannot defend your planets and fight early on and cripple you for a little while.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:29 am

Alright guys thanks a lot I really appreciate it

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:57 am

As somebody said Zolazin is good as it opens 2 easy NPC slots.
Do lots of PvP while you are still under rank 100.
After that wait little bit and then do Trellith which does not unlock new race but is IMO one of the best and most valuable chains in the game.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Zol Spy forever...stealth your way to victory!! Heed no others.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:52 am

juiceman wrote:
Zol Spy forever...stealth your way to victory!! Heed no others.

Be the ultimate ambush cyborg.

Also: Hack all of the things.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:59 am

Serne,

I so have a man-crush on both you.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:16 am

by Both, I meant to add umbongo as the other. Love his commentary and witicisms both here and in game.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next