View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Waiting to Rift? 

Keep in mind as well, you may NEVER get that Fantasy planet. The cost to buy one is enormous, and unless you get some generous donations from well established players, I doubt anyone playing a year can afford to bid 50k ctp on a dyson. (excluding resets). So go ahead. Wait a year, 4 years, 15 years to get that fantasy dyson planet. At some point you may just have to say, alright, I'll get a regular old 37x.

Hope for the best, but don't count out the possibility that you might have to settle for the 37x. There is no guarantee that you will get something better.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:55 pm

juiceman wrote:
You know, i was watching terminator 2, they have a dyson there you could have had a go at. But i think he died. Well maybe not on the having - so much....my baaad.

But his legacy will go on for miles...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:21 am

Shadeslayer wrote:
Keep in mind as well, you may NEVER get that Fantasy planet. The cost to buy one is enormous, and unless you get some generous donations from well established players, I doubt anyone playing a year can afford to bid 50k ctp on a dyson. (excluding resets). So go ahead. Wait a year, 4 years, 15 years to get that fantasy dyson planet. At some point you may just have to say, alright, I'll get a regular old 37x.

Hope for the best, but don't count out the possibility that you might have to settle for the 37x. There is no guarantee that you will get something better.

I did that. No donations, just buying, selling, trading, invading/stripping arties, etc. and ended up with almost 4x your "affordable" limit. It's all dependent on how much you want to.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:36 am

Shadeslayer wrote:

Completely excluding the fact I reset with a few awesome planets, I had next to null ctp and only 11M credits. Im pretty sure I turned over the 50k ctp mark several times from only using the 11M on the GTC back when biweekly artis would always change and skyrocket. It all depends on your motivation. It seems more often than not, people prefer to just sit and whine about how hard it is rather than actually getting off their seat and trying it out to see how far you get. Even if you don't reach your goal, you still accomplish much more than just sitting around and complaining.

You can still get a perfectly good rift out of a 37x if you build properly. 12-13k perm AP is definitely going to happen if you take time to build your rift, while 14k AP from a fantasy planet (which tbh is only average for that caliber. Are you just referring to 37x+ or specifically 50x+? There's a huge difference.) is not even guaranteed because whether or not you scan that planet is luck, and whether or not you can buy the planet is also dependent on luck because no one knows who will bid and how high someone will bid until the moment an auction actually starts, no matter how much CTP you have. Even if you have 200k+ CTP, how long will you have to wait until you find that "fantasy dyson" with the minimum richness you want go on sale? It's not like the market is saturated with 30x+ AP dysons.

Also keep in mind that 2 identically built 22x MCs will put out just as much as an identically built Rift in the ~45x range. To me, 15x VM project is the upper limit of what makes sense to buy (And even that is pushing it. I prefer the 10k ctp per 1k AP prod possible benchmark). You can pay for a basic Terra/Desert/Icy/Toxic 15x VM with RT and no structures for 25-30k ctp. That planet should make round 2000-2500 base prod if your gonna build it to the same quality as a rift. At 22x MC, it should make 3500-3750 base prod. Two of these costs 50-60k ctp. You add your own artifacts and effects, just like a regular dyson sale (they're rarely fully fitted).

Thats 7000-7500 base prod for 2 of them. A 14k prod rift makes round 8000 unbuffed if I assume Trellith, Klorvis and VARA. But this is a dyson with a typical minimum requirement of 30x+, and costs for sure over 50-60k ctp based on the recent increasing price trends for dysons. Do you really want to spend that much more ctp, for just 500-1000 more AP/h and save 1 planet slot? Your 22x MCs should be cloaked to oblivion anyways, and by then you should have enough planets even crit hacks shouldnt phase you too much. Properly cloaking an MC only wastes ~3 space on pure cloak structures, thats a loss of only what, 3% of prod? Rifts are good and all, but geez, if you know you can't make the effort to get that elusive fantasy dyson, why are you complaining about it. Just use the ctp on an extra project planet slot and you'll get almost the same numbers.

TL;DR: If you don't want to wait, just rift a 22x (not an MC). 2 project 22x MCs built to the same quality as a ~45x Post-rift Dyson should make nearly the same amount. Save your ctp unless for you it grows on trees.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Last edited by TrinityThree on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:34 am

TrinityThree wrote:
TL;DR: If you don't want to wait, just rift a 22x MC

Probably just an oversight, but just in case, don't rift a MC 22x.
Make something 22x (crystal or toxic for instance) and don't bump the size, as Rifting will waste your QSEs otherwise.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:07 pm

woops yea ill edit that

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Wanna share on how to build a MC 22x to make 3K+? I only have one like that, with excav, and it has 2 24's. :P

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:52 am

I'm waiting to rift. Played nearly 4 years and have zero so far. I keep trying to tell Dan I'll give him $150 if he gives me 3 really nice dysons to rift, but he hasn't listened yet! :P

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:22 am

You and me both, I eventualy caved on one, but still hold out for 2 Very nice dysons. Also some of the new dysons we have seen have been..... rather lack luster, I'm sorry but a dyson with less than x15 as its highest stat is a bad dyson. should have a minimum of a x23 (artifact) to be deemed one.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2