View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Waiting to Rift? 

Simple question is it better to Rift regular maxed planets (22 arti) and immediately start reaping the benefits or wait and hopefully get a natural dyson (or if the wiki is to be believed exotic) with a high arti production (22+)?

Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Best is to buy a dyson. Save, trade, npc, build credits and buy ctp. You can get a pretty nice one for around 200k.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Chloron wrote:
Best is to buy a dyson. Save, trade, npc, build credits and buy ctp. You can get a pretty nice one for around 200k.

Depends on how long it would take you to come up with that much.
would also make sure to rift a 23x now if thats how you do it.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:57 pm

I rifted one 22x planet, but not gonna do another until I scan my dyson, which will be happening very soon!! :D

I think that if you can afford it, it's worth getting at least one for a 22x planet, the extra arti is substantial.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Getting a 22x rifted is a good idea if you can't find a natural in a fair amount of time, (8 months). Waiting for a bit to see if you can find one also gives you the chance to build up ctp you need to buy a good dyson for rifting. If all else fails though, and you just can't seem to get either of those, rifting a 22x is better than waiting forever imo

I used a 22x planet for my first rift. I won't make another until I find/buy a natural dyson worth rifting. ie, better than 22x artifact.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Oh, and make sure it's got at least Large Moons. Advanced Civilized ruins or Rings are even better.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:35 pm

I saved mine. I have one left. I got a Dyson from my cousin when he quit. Found my own couple weeks ago. See my post.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:15 pm

The answer to your question:
Shadeslayer wrote:
I used a 22x planet for my first rift. I won't make another until I find/buy a natural dyson worth rifting. ie, better than 22x artifact.
Not god enough for a second = not good enough for a first.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:20 am

Chloron wrote:
Shadeslayer wrote:
That's debatable.

I know players with over 100k scans who have never seen a Dyson. I personally have 85k scans and have scanned only one crappy (research) Dyson.

There is no guarantee you'll get a lucky scan. There is no guarantee you'll be the highest bidder when a great Dyson goes on sale. So would you rather have a well-planned and built 37x Rift making you a guaranteed 7k artis an hour (conservative est.) as soon as possible, or do you want to hurry up and wait to scan or trade for a non-guaranteed fantasy planet that makes you 10k an hour?

If everything has to be as close to "the best" as you can possibly get it, then the answer is "37x is not good enough," and that's fine. But if you simply want the most possible artifact points you can possibly have, a well-built 37x Rift will give you great boost, especially early on. And that's fine, too.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:42 am

Pongoloid wrote:
Chloron wrote:
Shadeslayer wrote:
That's debatable.

I know players with over 100k scans who have never seen a Dyson. I personally have 85k scans and have scanned only one crappy (research) Dyson.

There is no guarantee you'll get a lucky scan. There is no guarantee you'll be the highest bidder when a great Dyson goes on sale. So would you rather have a well-planned and built 37x Rift making you a guaranteed 7k artis an hour (conservative est.) as soon as possible, or do you want to hurry up and wait to scan or trade for a non-guaranteed fantasy planet that makes you 10k an hour?

If everything has to be as close to "the best" as you can possibly get it, then the answer is "37x is not good enough," and that's fine. But if you simply want the most possible artifact points you can possibly have, a well-built 37x Rift will give you great boost, especially early on. And that's fine, too.

I have to agree with Pongoloid there, my first rift was *gasp!* only a 17x, at just after Rank 80.
The resulting "substandard" 23x 32x 36x has been pumping AP, research and mining my way non-stop for over 700 days since then.
Is it the ideal Rift? Clearly not :)
Do I regret it? Not a single bit.
Am I saving my last 2 Rifts for better? You bet.
Is my AP poor? Not so much.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:56 am

Deigobene wrote:
So would you rather have a well-planned and built 37x Rift making you a guaranteed 7k artis an hour (conservative est.) as soon as possible, or do you want to hurry up and wait to scan or trade for a non-guaranteed fantasy planet that makes you 10k an hour?
The resulting "substandard" 23x 32x 36x has been pumping AP, research and mining my way non-stop for over 700 days since then.

If Player A starts a "Substandard" rift as you say making 7k an hour today and Player B starts a "fantasy" planet (mine does 14k) 365 days later, when total 730 days has been reached (2 years for A, 1 for B) here are the total AP accumulations:
Player A - 5.11M ap
Player B - 5.124M ap

Player B has caught and passed player A and by year 3 (1095 days total) Player B has accumulated 2.569M More ap than A.

In the short run 7k is nice, but if you are looking at the long term, even waiting a year isn't a bad idea.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Chloron wrote:
In the short run 7k is nice, but if you are looking at the long term, even waiting a year isn't a bad idea.

Even a year doesn't guarantee the lotto win of a superior rift candidate scan or purchase. Some of us are nigh on 4 years (and over 29K scans personally) and haven't even scanned a bad Dyson, let alone anything 23x+ AP.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:40 pm

4 years here and no dysons. I went with ye olde 37x artis and kept trucking forward. I think looking 2-3 years down the road for this game might be a stretch anyways/ Will the game still be here, will it have drastically changed, will you still be playing, and on and on.

Not saying take fast freddie's 3x and rift it today, but i think somewhere in between is ok for most people. Better stuff will always come out and certainly if you sold everything you had, reset, and took the ctp, im sure you could have a sparkling diamond. But personally i have neither the inclination to spend all that time re-ranking and doing the chains, nor to wait to make all the sales, float around, watch my boat become obsolete and less fun while i wait to reset.

For the non-resetting, hey, do what you like. But its a snowball effect. You can certainly come back later (production wise) but what about all those invades, bases, pvp fights, npcs, and so on that you lost out on while waiting? I choose to live in the now and look towards the future, not wait for the future to come to me.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Chloron wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
So would you rather have a well-planned and built 37x Rift making you a guaranteed 7k artis an hour (conservative est.) as soon as possible, or do you want to hurry up and wait to scan or trade for a non-guaranteed fantasy planet that makes you 10k an hour?

If Player A starts a "Substandard" rift as you say making 7k an hour today and Player B starts a "fantasy" planet (mine does 14k) 365 days later, when total 730 days has been reached (2 years for A, 1 for B) here are the total AP accumulations:
Player A - 5.11M ap
Player B - 5.124M ap

Player B has caught and passed player A and by year 3 (1095 days total) Player B has accumulated 2.569M More ap than A.

think you forgot to multiply by 24 for hours in a day. Another incalculable fact to consider is the possible production increase during that time period due to likely scanning something worthwhile with the additional almost 650 purgers gained in the first year,and maybe some successful invades that would have failed without 4k more attack also gained in that time. At the year mark the 37x would be ahead 650ish in every arti that can be pulled. Those could also be turned into ctp to buy planets. There are many other factors that could make 37x growth rate accelerate while decreasing fantasy rifts lead once acquired.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Last edited by KJReed on Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:06 pm

KJReed wrote:
think you forgot to multiply by 24 for hours in a day.
Yep, missed that.
2 Year Player A = 122.64M
1 Year Player B = 122.976M

At 1095 total days Player B has 61.656M more AP than Player A.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Seeing as people are now throwing millions and millions of base energy on top of CTP for Dysons, I'd say build the 37x Rifts ASAP and save the two year reward and/or keep four Morphogenic Inhibitors to hand for any future Dysons you may come across.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Fandango wrote:
Seeing as people are now throwing millions and millions of base energy on top of CTP for Dysons, I'd say build the 37x Rifts ASAP and save the two year reward and/or keep four Morphogenic Inhibitors to hand for any future Dysons you may come across.

That's another good point in the cost/benefit analysis, you can't just compare
37x rift over x + y years Vs. good dyson rift over y years,
you have to compare
37x rift over x + y years + dyson over y years Vs. dyson rift over y years.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:47 pm

ICBLF wrote:
Fandango wrote:

That's another good point in the cost/benefit analysis, you can't just compare
37x rift over x + y years Vs. good dyson rift over y years,
you have to compare
37x rift over x + y years + dyson over y years Vs. dyson rift over y years.
Yes.

An invincible/invisible 43x or better Dyson is going to bring in a lot of AP, regardless of what you do with it. It's not like you get no AP if you don't bother rifting.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:44 pm

I just scanned the last dyson, my first of my own. 4 years + here.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:45 pm

You know, i was watching terminator 2, they have a dyson there you could have had a go at. But i think he died. Well maybe not on the having - so much....my baaad.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next