View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 2017 Summer Seasonal Event 2: The Chuhn 

General Information

A group of intergalactic merchants called the Chuhn have entered the galaxy to explore and trade. Their visit is temporary, and ships are encouraged to take advantage of new trading opportunities while they are passing through. The Chuhn have made visits to the Galaxy before, and seem to know a few details about the galaxy's ancient history.

During the Chuhn's visit, the following temporary effects apply to the entire Galaxy:
-Scrapping artifacts for Complex Tech Parts will yield additional parts.
-All tariffs and auction charges have increased by 5%.
-Maximum costs for hull repairs have significantly increased.
-When scanning for planets, you have a chance of receiving Complex Tech Parts based on your rank.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Medals

The Spice Must Flow
Maximize the value of your 'Spice of Illustris' 3 times
Medal Points: 10
---------------------------------

The Most Bazaar Collection
Collect and use the following traded items from the Chuhn during the 2017 season Reward
Chuhn Stem Bolts, Eye of Virgo, Fornax Jewel, Furlinium-G Spanner, Prejor V4 Grav-Hutch, Triangulum Sparkmatter, Crate of Goridian Ale, Spice of Illustris
Medal Points: 25
Item: Title Unlocked: the Tycoon

2016 Event Information
2015 Event Information

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Mission

We bring goods and relics from the far edges of the surrounding clusters. We are interested in what unique things you may have to offer in this galaxy.

Cost: 90 energy + Tesseract Container per round
Reward: 130 Experience per round + Chuhn Trade Post upon completion

15 rounds per completion, daily mission.

Reward
Chuhn Trading Post
Planet Structure: Size:1, Mining:1, Research:1 Artifact:1, Population:2000
If the planet has a Trade Hub, or Chuhn Trading Forum when this is build, this structure's bonuses are doubled.
Limit 1 per planet
Scrap Value: 3-6 CTP

Cost to place: 0
Can not be extracted

UST

Chuhn Prestige
Improves the artifact trading efficiency of your planetary network.
Increases your overall trading production by 5% for 4 hours.
Cost: 60 CTP.

Artifact Market

Chuhn Salvage Arm V2 Upgrade
[ Limited Artifact - Late Summer ]
Upgrades a Chuhn Salvage Arm V2 on your ship, increasing its hull by 90, and boosting its scrap bonus to 17%, without increasing its size.
Cost: 61 GP

Upkeep: 10.7M/day

Upgrade Cost: 1000 Energy

Chuhn Scrapyard Upgrade
[ Limited Artifact - Late Summer ]
Upgrades an existing Chuhn Scrapyard on your planet to an Chuhn Scrap Depot, adding +2 mining and +1 artifact, and resetting its ability charges to full.
Cost: 24 GP

NPC

Chuhn Merchant
( The Chuhn )
Rank Matched Trader
Rare
62000 / 62000 Hull
Chuhn Merchants carry a variety of goods of extragalactic origin.
Enemy Type Special
Abilities None
Attack 27970
Defense 41980
Cloak 100

Timer: 5 minutes

Negotiate: Negotiate a deal to trade energy and 70 CTP for a random item from the Chuhn. If you are a Merchant when using this ability, you will be refunded 20 CTP upon completion of the deal.

Chuhn Trade Items

Chuhn Stem Bolts
Artifact - Stabilizes the hull of your ship with a collection of Stem Bolts. Increasing your hull integrity by 10% for 24 hours.
Scrap Value: 6000 - 24000 Credits

Eye of Virgo
Device - Size:25, Scan:80, Energy:90
While Installed, Inergon, Kronyn, and Genetarr receive double the energy bonus. Limit 2 per ship.
Scrap Value: 5-10 CTP
Upkeep: 295.8M

Fornax Jewel
Artifact - Size 1 Mining:2, Mining +5%, if the planet has moons or rings when built, all bonuses double.
Not Extractable

Furlinium-G Spanner
Weapon - Size:26, Attack:130, Cloak:140
A weapon with an extragalactic power source. While installed, Zolazin, Vygoid and Litheor receive double the cloak bonus. Limit 2 per ship.
Scrap Value: 5-9 CTP

Prejor V4 Grav-Hutch
Defense - Size:26, Defense:140, Shield:170
While Installed, Aerlen, Xecti, and Guard receive double the defense bonus. Limit 2 per ship.
Scrap Value: 4-9 CTP
Upkeep: 252.9M/day

Triangulum Sparkmatter
Planet - Size:1 Research/Artifact: ??
Sparkmatter objects are mysterious and unpredictable.
Not Extractable

Anywhere from 0-2 Research + 0-2 Artifact but not 0/0.

Crate of Goridian Ale
12% attack bonus for 1 hr and 4 hrs of a lowered attack by 2%

Exo-Galactic Contraption
An odd device of unknown purpose from another Galaxy. It is unclear what it does or how it works, but it could be dismantled for useful parts.

Scrap value: 65-130 CTP

Spice of Illustris
A valuable material, highly sought after in a neighboring Galaxy for its mind-altering properties. When used, it boosts scrap value of itself and all your same-valued Spices by 10% up to 100%.

Scrap value: 50-100 CTP

They are here!

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:10 am

As of last night, the medal for using the arti drops from merchants was not working properly. I submitted a support ticket.

Additionally, similar to last year for me, the merchant spawn rate has been extremely poor so far. I averaged around 1 merchant per hour npcing last night.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Newb question that I'm having a hard time finding an answer for: does the Chuhn Salvage Arm scrap bonus stack with 2 modules installed?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Mythra wrote:
Newb question that I'm having a hard time finding an answer for: does the Chuhn Salvage Arm scrap bonus stack with 2 modules installed?

Yes. You get +20% if you have 2 of them. (or +26% or +34%, if you've upgraded them both 1 or 2 times, respectively)

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 pm

ImageHas anyone tried doing the 3 spices upgraded to 100%

So far anyone i talked to that used one (and only had one) had the spice disapear and not seem to do anything.

My question on this then is

do u have to get 4 spices before you start to upgrade?

that was u consume one and make the other 3 upgrade to 10%

then hunt 9 more spices and use one at a time the ones not upgraded yet to take the 3 u made to 10% up 9 more times at 10% to 100%

so that would then make a total of 13 spices needed.

hope that makes since.

Last edited by blueyedguy101 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 pm

At the rate merchants are spawning, no one will know.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:14 pm

4500npc for 4 hutches, 5 bolts, 3 eyes, 4 ales, 2 jewels, 1 spice, 0 spanners 0 sparks,

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:21 pm

4k npcs so far, and far less than you got. 2 bolts, 1 eye, 1 ale and 1 fornax. The spawn rate doesn't bother me as much. They are Rare after all. This is generating a lot of ctp to upgrade those stinkin Pris.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 pm

Furlinium-G Spanner
Weapon - Size:26, Attack:130, Cloak:140
A weapon with an extragalactic power source. While installed, Zolazin, Vygoid and Litheor receive double the cloak bonus. Limit 2 per ship.
Scrap Value: 4-9 CTP

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:29 pm

blueyedguy101 wrote:
ImageHas anyone tried doing the 3 spices upgraded to 100%

So far anyone i talked to that used one (and only had one) had the spice disapear and not seem to do anything.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44438&start=11

there is a scrap button and an enhance button .. if he clicked scrap, it went for ctp.

blueyedguy101 wrote:
My question on this then is

do u have to get 4 spices before you start to upgrade?

that was u consume one and make the other 3 upgrade to 10%

then hunt 9 more spices and use one at a time the ones not upgraded yet to take the 3 u made to 10% up 9 more times at 10% to 100%

so that would then make a total of 13 spices needed.

hope that makes since.

for the medal .. my suspicion is that you will need to find 3 .. then enhance each one once to get all to 30%.

if anyone has the gumption to find 10 before enhancing all of them for the full 100% ... i salute you.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:19 am
Profile WWW

yes the people i talked to did click enchance and that appear to consume the spice and upgrade other spice u might have

and the medal is to upgrade 3 spices to max 100% not 3 spices to only 30% and it upgrades at 10% so how will only using 3 get u to 100%?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:46 am

I think I'll collect a bunch and then use them all at the end of the seasonal to get them maxed as much as possible and then have the most CTP to scrap for.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:29 pm

At the rate the merchants are spawning, I will be lucky to get one spice to 50%. :roll: :lol:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:05 pm

So...decided I would try to ascertain the actual scrapping bonus from the Chuhn.

I singly scrapped a few hundred dark anti-beacons, which give 5-10 ctp each without any scrapping bonuses. Unequipping anything that gives scrapping bonuses, I received 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. Equipping my caustic membrane and a pair of fully upgraded salvage arms, I received 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18.

I have determined that I have no idea how Dan math works...

Looking at the numbers, none of them line up w/the actual results I got. Whether he rounds to the nearest integer, takes the ceiling, or takes the floor, it doesn't seem that it'd be possible to get all the values I got w/o any extra bonuses, and it seems like I should get values that never popped up if using all the extra ship modules.

I also ran them by multiplying the ship modules first, rounding that number, and then running it through Chuhn, but it still gave back values that never empirically showed up (and one would think that they would have within a few hundred tries when there are theoretically only 6 values that should come up despite there being 7 values that do each time.

I suppose that this was a fruitless exercise other than to check the minimum and maximum to ensure that the seasonal effect is actually in effect (it is) and that the Chuhn salvage arms are giving the additional 4% scrapping each (they are.) The range of 5-10 ctp must include decimals that could be chosen, which would mess around with the actual values that could be generated, in which case I'd have to run this against not just the integers between 5 and 10 but also all of the tenths or potentially hundredths place depending on how granular it gets and where the rounding happens. Probably the tenths place would give better data.

EIther way, ;tldr: Seasonal effect and salvage arms are definitely working right.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:55 am

Why every season it's so hard to find the seasonals? I've found only 1 so far since it began. Some are finding a nice number of Chuhn while others like myself haven't found but 1 or 2. What's up with this.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next