View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 vortov sticker shock 

This has probably been beaten to death by now..
But is there any way to just uninstall vortov without losing him and all of his upgrades?
The maintenance is excessive.. but the cost to get the mission badges was huge..
What happens to allies if you can't make maintenance?

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Andy wrote:
But is there any way to just uninstall vortov without losing him and all of his upgrades?
The maintenance is excessive.. but the cost to get the mission badges was huge..

If you dismiss him he is gone and you have to get again. If you can't make upkeep, they just "break" as any other module. Once you have enough to meet upkeep then you can reinstall

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Andy wrote:

If you dismiss him he is gone and you have to get again. If you can't make upkeep, they just "break" as any other module. Once you have enough to meet upkeep then you can reinstall

So dropping maintenance is the only way not to lose the investment.. ouch..
Guess it has to be done though..
Just to clarify, it has to be manually reinstalled though? Not just repaired? What would a quantum crucible do?

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Crucible repairs all mods, but doesn't install anything. But once it is repaired you will be paying upkeep on it again. You only do not pay for broken mods.

Toxic purifiers are insanely cheap though and most players do not defend their maxed toxics. Are you sire you can't afford it?

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Chloron wrote:
Crucible repairs all mods, but doesn't install anything. But once it is repaired you will be paying upkeep on it again. You only do not pay for broken mods.

Toxic purifiers are insanely cheap though and most players do not defend their maxed toxics. Are you sire you can't afford it?

Actually its close.. but there are not enough of us yet to cover the 30B+ a day on the base.. I also want to try buying CTP in the market.. my current maintenance even as a builder is a bit steep. The 5B on the vortov is just too much right now. Cost versus benefit just doesn't seem to be there.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:32 pm

being a builder is part of your upkeep problem. work on getting enough maxed toxics to make upkeep and switch professions to excavator. There are those who are willing to visit and uplift toxics for a small(really cheap) price. Highly recommend getting enough upkeep to keep you from being a builder.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:05 am

Just gonna put this out there. I still don't have vortov.

The upkeep + the cost of energy and xp gain to kill the spawned NPCS makes me wonder why lower ranks bother to get it.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:27 am

Tree7304 wrote:

The upkeep + the cost of energy and xp gain to kill the spawned NPCS makes me wonder why lower ranks bother to get it.

I've never bothered with it myself and I don't feel like I'm missing too much.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:37 am

Ive had vortov maxed for months...the cost versus benefit really is more justified if you are higher rank with decent income. The drops are decent enough, certanly with raix megaweapon in the mix, but for lower rank, would vote no. The time , relic badges etc...better spent on ominiforges.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:58 am

i use the raix megaweapon to kill the spawned npcs :)

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:58 am

Tree7304 wrote:

Honestly (and Tree probably remembers when I first realized my oversight) if I had remembered to consider the XP to kill each NPC, I'd have skipped it at least until rank 2.2K.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 am

If you ever regreted installing an ally, you might want to try contacting Dan to repack him back into your cargo :P
That's what I did with my Vortov a while back then, when I can't afford his upkeep. After I can do Research Contract, the problem is gone for good :P

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:14 am
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
If you ever regreted installing an ally, you might want to try contacting Dan to repack him back into your cargo :P
That's what I did with my Vortov a while back then, when I can't afford his upkeep. After I can do Research Contract, the problem is gone for good :P

Bah, I would feel like a cheater for it, I just didn't think of the consequence of having Vortov, doesn't mean I'm not going to deal with what I did on purpose shortsightedly.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:18 am

asquall wrote:

Does that mean i can have dan refund all the melters and gaia seeds i wasted

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:27 am

lets say my birthday is coming up, and i normally get pre paid credit cards.... would he reset the mission exotic/dyson/rift mission chain for me? :mrgreen:

Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:51 am

Agree totally...sometimes you do click the wrong thing, or a glitch happens... planning poorly then having remorse...live with it. Dan shouldn't 'fix' things you did on purpose then said well that sucks. Hell can i ask to drop like 3k decks and be super ssb? You get the point.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]