View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
 Five-Year Medal - Path of the Devoted 

Will have the 20k CTP later today. Now just have to wait until Dec 1 or 2 for the upgrade. If the cost doubles again (or even increases beyond 20k), I think I'm done with this planet.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:25 pm

yeah very curious, i have 40x arti and closing on maxing all others...a few weeks for 4 month upgrade...i know people HAve the 6 month...so 8 is the hanger in the wings...and youre right, unless something very cool happens, the ctp investment aint worth it versus just buying something on open market

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:37 am

juiceman wrote:
yeah very curious, i have 40x arti and closing on maxing all others...a few weeks for 4 month upgrade...i know people HAve the 6 month...so 8 is the hanger in the wings...and youre right, unless something very cool happens, the ctp investment aint worth it versus just buying something on open market

That's the thing though, this is something that was actually asked for by multiple people and got a fair bit of support too; A planet that is upgraded much in the same way as a base is.

Sure people might buy stuff on the open market instead of upgrading, but those people are usually sorted into two camps;

Those that have missed the point of what this planet is meant to be, which is a resource sink like bases were/are.
OR
They're still at a stage, after 5 years of playing, that they still need to improve their ship via buying artifact planets. <Which sadly is the case with most 5 years.

In either instance, neither is really a solid reason to stop upgrading the planet. Even if the following upgrade cost 25k CTP that's still only going to buy you a Col 22x arti or something similar, nothing epic. Then you gotta be able to build that sucker correctly and hide it from everyone & even then, it's not invincible, one crit hack and poof...gone.

So overall, if the costs keep increasing people can't say they didn't see it coming or be surprised by it, seeing as this was the suggested idea from the beginning.

People just need to do more npc'ing and trading to bring in more CTP & the last 3 months have been a great time to NPC so these 5 year players should have tonnes of CTP stockpiled. :)

Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:46 am

My only major complaint about this loyalty reward is that its a 5 year one, (and as such alot of players will not get one anytime soon) Not going to lie I think many players would pay GP for getting it early and I bet many others would too.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:34 pm

im not arguing its not a sink for a unique item...and sure after a while all prod is academic...but if you get nominal returns and have to wait so long for them...just not as much 'pizzazz' to it i think.

It doesn't have to blow everything out of the water, but for the devotion of the player and the relativistic input to build it, i'd like to see extra coolness. Also another 22x colossal could be another 3-5k prod, and seems like ALMOST everyone always wants more. Since there is no finish line , per se, in the game then its about your stats---intrinsic or displayed-- what you enjoy from the game, and if you can accomplish things within the paradigm of what you have available to you.

Most oft this translates into latent ability to outproduce others. In the above comparison a meager boost to the prismatic would be math calcuations by supremely outweighed in the long run versus a nice producting planet, or several as time lapses forward. Same as being excavator isn't the end all to add 10% arti, but is worth millions a day in AP to some ships.

We pick and choose our dalliances. I will of course invest in the planet and see where it goes.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:16 pm

wouldn't it be kind of cool if the final upgrade was another prismatic planet?

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:15 pm

So both last night and this morning Prismatic X3 is returning this message when trying to upgrade: "This planet is completely immune to the effects of artifacts and special abilities." This is the same message that I got for 2-3 weeks when trying to complete the 6 month upgrade after the planet was clearly older than 6 months. Looks like Dan has not programmed the upgrade yet again. I will try again after 9pm GST just in case I created the planet a full day after I got the medal (can't remember for sure). Then I will open a ticket.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:03 pm

ShroomMonkey wrote:
So both last night and this morning Prismatic X3 is returning this message when trying to upgrade: "This planet is completely immune to the effects of artifacts and special abilities." This is the same message that I got for 2-3 weeks when trying to complete the 6 month upgrade after the planet was clearly older than 6 months. Looks like Dan has not programmed the upgrade yet again. I will try again after 9pm GST just in case I created the planet a full day after I got the medal (can't remember for sure). Then I will open a ticket.

If you are x3 then x2 is Sooz if i am correct, lets hear from her, maybe she can upgrade it and we can see the results. :)

Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:52 am

Zargor wrote:
ShroomMonkey wrote:

If you are x3 then x2 is Sooz if i am correct, lets hear from her, maybe she can upgrade it and we can see the results. :)

Probs can't afford the upgrade ;)

Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Support ticket opened.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Colony Age: 9 Months 1 Week - Unable to upgrade

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:54 am

just hit 4months today on mine...so far so prismatic....feel safe on next upgrade as the trailblazers are sucking up the issue tickets... keep rolling boys

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:11 am

When's the 6th year supposed to arrive? As in what date next year?

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:55 pm

Beginning of February. (First note in this thread for somebody able to get it is 2/7)

Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Just tried to upgrade. Engineering must still be working on the issue.

Galaxy Legion Support <support@galaxylegion.com>
12/12/15 at 9:38 AM
Engineering is working on the issue, stay tuned.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:23 pm

Im not even CLOSE to getting this planet, but, one of my friends in game was curious.....and I never read it in this post.

Is it possible to use any arti's on it? (EG terraformers) to make it easier on ones self when doing the upgrading?

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:53 pm

Syphonz wrote:
Im not even CLOSE to getting this planet, but, one of my friends in game was curious.....and I never read it in this post.

Is it possible to use any arti's on it? (EG terraformers) to make it easier on ones self when doing the upgrading?

RTFM :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Prismatic Star League Mining: 77, Research: 77, Power: 50, Artifact: 77, Bonus Production: 40%

Next upgrade costs: 30k CTP, 12 months.

I'll get the name tomorrow when I update mine; as well as more info.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:47 pm

ODragon wrote:
Prismatic Star League Mining: 77, Research: 77, Power: 50, Artifact: 77, Bonus Production: 40%

Next upgrade costs: 30k CTP, 12 months.

I'll get the name tomorrow when I update mine; as well as more info.

Nice to know the 9 month upgrade is finally out, and it only took until just over a week before the first person should be getting their 12 month upgrade lol

Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:23 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Nice to know the 9 month upgrade is finally out, and it only took until just over a week before the first person should be getting their 12 month upgrade lol

Sooz said 2 weeks but yeah. Hopefully he fixed it and the next one, both at the same time. I do keep looking for a 6-year medal but nothing yet.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next