View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Q peds, in before spock :P 

Epicownage wrote:
Guys cheer up :lol:, it's a decent reward for a basic game function. If you've already done your blitz then you're unlucky of course but sometimes that's how the chips fall.

Just seems like a waste of content. Why create i if a portion of the player base wont even bother with it.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
Quote:
Guys cheer up
Uh, have you been to this forum? Not gonna happen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:11 pm

i scanned 100 planets and got 8 hyperluminal readings

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:21 pm

Affection Disseminator 5.0
Planet Stucture - Size: 1, Research: 1, Population: 1200, Defense: 1200

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:28 pm

Already scanned?
Low aph?
There's a already a built in answer.
Stellar cartography. Suck it up and burn a few energy cubes.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:08 pm

KJReed wrote:
Already scanned?
Low aph?

Noooo, everything new and/or limited must be easy and readily accessible, and if it's a planet structure it better have a higher than 1:1 arti production and/or cloak %, or we'll raise hell! Or at least express our perpetual ennui, and then probably get them anyway.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:38 pm

a few eergy cubes?

how many specific gas of those two types do you think a few cubes will get most people? Not to mention they need the em to do it.

Like others, I already did 'the big scan' before this came out. I still managed to salvage 15 lum. items tonight by 'rebufing' and clearing but, kind of sucky for those who just did a big scan.

As far as the item, i think it's nifty. I like having more items that make arti AND provide cloak. I can't get enough for planets to not have to have any % items or big space cloak modules on my planets. Heck, I'd trake an item like this every seasonal.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:42 am

eh, I was at the tail end of a big scan run when the event started, had burned all my purgers earlier preparing for it.. did manage to get enough to do 1 completion

Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:44 am

Scan just last week so i still had 800/1100 planets still on scan, Made 100 purgers and switched to explore to scan, went up to 1300 planets scanned and found about 45 Hyperluminal Readings. So if your a player who doesn't buy GP then this mission is still doable. Just need more purgers.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:22 am

comaface wrote:
KJReed wrote:
Already scanned?
Low aph?

Noooo, everything new and/or limited must be easy and readily accessible, and if it's a planet structure it better have a higher than 1:1 arti production and/or cloak %, or we'll raise hell! Or at least express our perpetual ennui, and then probably get them anyway.

I am not asking for easy things. I am asking for things I am actually interested in doing. Am i interested in wasting experience on purger mission when that experience can be used for getting terraformers? No I am not. This content is wasted on me and hence my #$&*@ about it.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:02 pm

maxer wrote:
comaface wrote:
KJReed wrote:
Already scanned?
Low aph?

I am not asking for easy things. I am asking for things I am actually interested in doing. Am i interested in wasting experience on purger mission when that experience can be used for getting terraformers? No I am not. This content is wasted on me and hence my #$&*@ about it.

So if you're not interested what's your problem, just keep searching for terraformers and let those who want to do the mission do it.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Epicownage wrote:

So if you're not interested what's your problem, just keep searching for terraformers and let those who want to do the mission do it.[/quote]

Why create content that is useless to a portion of the population?

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:18 pm

maxer wrote:
Epicownage wrote:
Quote:

So if you're not interested what's your problem, just keep searching for terraformers and let those who want to do the mission do it.

Dark Mass Carriers are useless to me, but there they are for the 2200+ crowd.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:24 pm
Profile WWW

maxer wrote:
Epicownage wrote:
comaface wrote:

Because it is useful to another portion. New badge items are useless to NPCers. Legion missions are useless to anyone below rank 100. Just because it's useless to you doesn't mean someone else doesn't value it.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Epicownage wrote:

Because it is useful to another portion. New badge items are useless to NPCers. Legion missions are useless to anyone below rank 100. Just because it's useless to you doesn't mean someone else doesn't value it.[/quote]

That does not answer my question as to why did the developer used his time on creating something a lot of people will ignore.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:52 pm

maxer wrote:
Epicownage wrote:

Because it is useful to another portion. New badge items are useless to NPCers. Legion missions are useless to anyone below rank 100. Just because it's useless to you doesn't mean someone else doesn't value it.

That does not answer my question as to why did the developer used his time on creating something a lot of people will ignore.[/quote]
Because a lot of people won't ignore it. In my legion with an average rank of 357 plenty of people are doing the mission and I've heard no one mention explicitly that they won't be bothering. To me it seems you've decided you don't want to put the effort into getting this reward so you've come to the forum to whine about it.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Epicownage wrote:
Because a lot of people won't ignore it. In my legion with an average rank of 357 plenty of people are doing the mission and I've heard no one mention explicitly that they won't be bothering. To me it seems you've decided you don't want to put the effort into getting this reward so you've come to the forum to whine about it.

People in a legion of average rank of 357 are doing themselves a disservice by wasting experience on this mission instead of NPCing.

I put more effort into my ship than most, effort is not an issue. Rewards that do not match the cost are.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:05 pm

maxer wrote:
Epicownage wrote:

People in a legion of average rank of 357 are doing themselves a disservice by wasting experience on this mission instead of NPCing.

I put more effort into my ship than most, effort is not an issue. Rewards that do not match the cost are.

Thankfully the nature of this game allows us the liberty to choose what we deem worth it or not. As for effort for reward. Scanning is a basic function of the game, that's all you have to do is scan and then spend 500 energy 1/2 times a day on the mission. If you still don't find it worth it THEN FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Epicownage wrote:
Thankfully the nature of this game allows us the liberty to choose what we deem worth it or not. As for effort for reward. Scanning is a basic function of the game, that's all you have to do is scan and then spend 500 energy 1/2 times a day on the mission. If you still don't find it worth it THEN FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Some players scan 1 or more times every week. Making new purgers just for a 1:1 structure is not worthwhile. Not everyone is rank 350 with low production.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:21 pm

maxer wrote:
Epicownage wrote:

Some players scan 1 or more times every week. Making new purgers just for a 1:1 structure is not worthwhile. Not everyone is rank 350 with low production.

What...I...what's your point? You say some players scan regularly well isn't that a plus in favour of this mission. Then you say making purgers isn't worth it, well then DON'T DO IT and stop complaining, besides if you're scanning more than once a week anyway then surely it's no extra effort? As for rank 350s with low production, surely if they can do it you can?

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next