View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 could not find this answer about resetting. 

I have found myself being very bored with the game, NPCing with the ability to 1 - 2 shot most NPCs was very fun for a while, but got stale quickly, and the legion missions seem to take much much longer than they used to ( longer to end, not longer to complete ) I have been looking for ways to renew my interest in the game, but havnt found much, as an option I had considered the though of a reset. However there is 1 question that I did not know the answer to, am unawares if it had been asked before, and have not had any luck in finding the answer :
If I reset, I am aware I lose all medal points, with the exception of the days played medals, do we get the rewards for those medals again, once we reset, or are they - mostly just solynia - lost for good?

Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:09 pm

You get the rewards I believe.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Allies go to your cargo until you can reinstall them with medal/ranks earned I believe.
If you used your year 2 reward, you lose it. If you did not, then it goes to cargo as well.

But really, the fun in the game is building planets, scanning and invading good planets, doing millions on bases, etc. There is 0 chance I would play if I had to start over today.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Anything you get through medal points you will receive again, that includes the two year reward. I know this because I reset after using my two year reward and I received a new one once my upkeep was taken the next day.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:32 pm

From what I collected,
Time-played medals. All kept.
Legion Mission medals. You keep the mission done and can get mission archives the second you reset.

Flying around doing stuff. Crap ship. Rank 4--. Insert some attack/defense. #17 Hacker

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 pm

one word about resetting DONT

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:25 am

shin1 wrote:
one word about resetting DONT

If you want a new challenge why not? Elerian's already one of the strongest in his rank range so it's not like he's resetting because his ship's bad.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:23 pm

thanks for the responses everyone, im still mulling over which direction ill go in, but till such time, onward i suppose, cant hurt to build more planets.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Resetting works out fine I find if the following criteria is met:

-You've used up all entertain you find worth it that you could have reached in a reasonable time frame
-You've got set plans exactly on how you're gonna play the next round. Not knowing what to do makes it really irritating and slow in comparison to previous growth pre-reset otherwise
-Optional: Got all your planets and arts lined up to be regained after reset. Makes regrowth a lot faster, and more efficient than last time. The first few days will still be the slowest and most boring slog though
-Managing to stay in the same legion that has supported you pre-reset. If they don't want you if you reset, well then, find a new home first before you do that. It helps to have people interested in what you're doing so you can discuss options with them, give valuable intel on what being a low rank is like nowadays (which helps in deciding how to help the true newbies joining your legion) and just have amusing banter about what its like returning to the bottom.
-You genuinely want to reset to take a new spin on the game and not just because you're bored with what you have atm. If you aren't invested in rebuilding a new way it won't be enjoyable.

Just a few points I've told other people that asked me before if they should reset or not. That aside, you probably already know about all this, but if not, glad to have helped. Cheers, and hope you enjoy whatever path you eventually settle on! :)

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]